AK or 33

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Joined
Feb 24, 2013
Total posts
2,351
Chips
0
A,K feels more powerful but 3,3 is a better chance to win by just a bit.
 
B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Joined
Oct 13, 2017
Total posts
286
Awards
2
Chips
4
I have more faith in 33 than AK.
 
elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Total posts
309
Chips
2
You need a lot of luck with low pairs.

You need to get a set or certain flop to bluff, its not good to put a lot of money with it.

AK its a tricky hand also, but i prefer
 
M

maorodman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Total posts
25
Chips
0
With AK, you can play more agressive!!!
 
pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Total posts
2,440
Awards
4
Chips
0
AK v 33 - well lets break it down - its 53.10% for 33 versus 46.35% for AK with a statistical chance of a tie being 0.56%.
equity wise - 33 has 53.38% and AK has 46.62%
 
Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Total posts
175
Chips
0
If you play post-flop :with AK you can make a pressure. 33 to hard to stay.
 
M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Joined
May 8, 2018
Total posts
782
Awards
2
Chips
50
I won with 33

Theoretically, the chances of winning are about 54% versus 46% in favor of triplets. But AK is much more enjoyable to play for a variety of reasons. With the exception of bet bits, losing is limited to the initial 3BB and the possible continuation bet. In case of a match, you have one of the strongest combinations and a clear plan for the game. And the very presence of two high cards preflop encourages more active steps. The situation with triplets and other small pairs resembles a small predator, which seems to bite and can and at the same time walks through the forest, looking back at every rustle, fearing a larger animal. All-in preflop tactics require considering the balance of power at the table, your position, the stage at which the tournament is located, and much more. Only in certain cases can it be considered profitable. In the usual course of events, it is not clear how you should act after the flop, especially when partners start to get active. It's pretty frustrating to see a three of a kind on the river after you've already folded your hand. The set can easily compensate you for the losses of previous failures and possibly even double as it is one of the hard to read hands. Therefore, the tactics of playing small pairs boils down to seeing as many cards as possible on the table for CHEAP and, if successful, deliver a crushing blow.
 
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Total posts
2,859
Awards
4
Chips
321
I much prefer AK in most situations now, but I used to love pocket pairs and favor them all over AK. According to equilab, 33 is "better" right? Of course, I'd prefer the better hand...

well, not so simple.

True that Heads-up 33 has slightly more equity than AK and also true that statistically 33 is also slightly better than AK when shoved. However, AK performs better deeper stacked and also better against multiple opponents. Now I'd much prefer AK in many situations because 33 is less likely to realize its equity and AK also has more outs to hit if it is behind at the moment. :)
 
Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Platinum Level
Joined
Dec 21, 2021
Total posts
9,431
Awards
14
RU
Chips
1,039
I much prefer AK in most situations now, but I used to love pocket pairs and favor them all over AK. According to equilab, 33 is "better" right? Of course, I'd prefer the better hand...

well, not so simple.

True that Heads-up 33 has slightly more equity than AK and also true that statistically 33 is also slightly better than AK when shoved. However, AK performs better deeper stacked and also better against multiple opponents. Now I'd much prefer AK in many situations because 33 is less likely to realize its equity and AK also has more outs to hit if it is behind at the moment. :)
I agree, I wrote about it above. With this, I think there is no difference: 22,33,44,55,66,77,8,99,1010, JJ, QQ. If the pair does not match your hand in the cards, then you have more outs. That's why, despite the statistics, I prefer the hand AK.:icon_thum
 
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
May 7, 2020
Total posts
2,440
Awards
2
GB
Chips
211
Personally I hate A/K and would prefer playing a pocket pair, although pre-flop with A/K you can be more aggressive, because if either card should catch the other player expects you to have an Ace in your hand, But with a flop of say 9,7,2, an Opponent would not expect you of having any of the cards and of course would bet his Pocket pair, or check to you depending on his position in the betting.
I have folded both A/K and a small pocket pair like 2/2 or 3/3 in some situations, It all depends on your position in the hand, your Chip stack, and of course the Impression the rest of the table has of you, Aggressive, Passive, Tight or Loose, it all come's down to what the other players believe you have, and what kind of player you are.
Playing 3/3 like you have an A/K or A/Q still gives you the opportunity to bet the flop of an A,7,5, flop if you believe your opponent is holding anything but an Ace, but then you have the added problem of what suit the flop is, drawing to a nut flush with A/K suited is very tempting to most players, I know I would not be going anywhere until the river card is dealt.
It depends on all the above reason's I have already gone through, but I am sure I have played both A/K and 3/3 in similar ways, Raising in some situations, and just calling in other's.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
 
HarzZocker1988

HarzZocker1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Total posts
160
Chips
0
I'm more lucky with Pair ... 2 2 - 10 10 than with AK etc.
 
C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Total posts
185
Awards
1
Chips
11
For playing flop, turn and river I much prefer playing AK than 33. With this pair you will always have to do a good read of the game and make a lot of hero calls. But if I go all-in preflop, it doesn't matter to me.
 
GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Joined
Mar 2, 2017
Total posts
1,967
Awards
15
Chips
20
In an online game, I prefer AK.
 
Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Joined
Oct 9, 2021
Total posts
746
Awards
1
Chips
7
the pair will always have a little more chances of winning, but in fact this is a coin flip, besides, with such cards it is not necessary to go allin right away, you can outplay your opponent postflop
 
blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Joined
Mar 13, 2021
Total posts
201
Chips
0
AK everyday,
paired up, it's hard to beat by a 33
plus your 33 could be made into nothing when the board double pairs
 
Top