AK or 33

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In preflop all-in games, 33 is a little better than ak in heads up, but AK is superior against several opponents.

G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Post-flop, it's often difficult to know where you're at with 33 hole cards. Even a set is almost always bottom set.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
2.3 can also win A.A. this is poker

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely going with AK if it's suited.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AK for sure. wins most hands. I'm really happy when I see this hand. but, I always play carefully.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure math says it's a pair and pairs have little advantage over AK but it's still coin flip. The thing is, AK is a monster when it comes to cruicial moments when there's 4-5 bets or shoves. I believe most players would pick AK instead of low pairs in a 6-9 table games mostly. You can play this hand like AA or KK but usually you can't go that crazy with low pairs. As far as I saw people (I mean professionals mostly) play millions of dollars pot holding AK. You won't often see someone do that with low pairs. I've seen a lot of players call 3-way allin with AK where most people fold TT/below pairs. Also in a full table tourneys, those low pairs are fold usually in early/mid positions. I've never seen anyone folds AK preflop without any action (except bubble positions or multi-way allins). Now you decide which is stronger.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
both are playable hands depending on when or what type of tounament you are playing

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I seem to bust out of many mtts with AK all in preflop, and I beat them too cuz people seem to pay with them on all streets without a hit

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do like 33 but the problem is that its a low pair and you're just not sure if that set of 3 is going to come to make that pair 33 more comfortable. But then again with AK none of those cards might not show up.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Equilab says the odds are almost the same
33 : AKs
50,6% : 49,4%

but if three ore more players are in the pot, the odds for 33 are going behind AK

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know why, but small pairs or AK (one suit) that I put all-in on the preflop always lose, no matter from which position I enter, especially if it is a single-elimination tournament.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest difference between having the 33 or the AK is:

If you hold the 33, you have to worry for all 5 flop cards.
If you hold the AK, you have to hope for all 5 flop cards.

For myself, I much prefer to hope rather than worry... and for this reason I always want the AK instead of the 33, even tho I fully understand the 33 is actually a slight favorite over the AK, preflop all-in. This is why I am never afraid to shove all-in with just AK, because it is a hopeful shove. :D I won't do it every time, for instance it is very stupid to shove all-in during first level of the tournament at 10-20 blinds when we have 35,000 chip starting stack. :) But if it is a "reasonable" shove, then I have no worry shoving AK, I only have hope!

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will take AK over 33! I fold 33 more than AK pre flop!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also won against A, K with 3.3 but I either played badly or I had few chips so I had to play with it.
If I know, I will avoid such hands.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally prefer AK although in a tournament I saw that a player entered with a pair of 33 and I hit a poker of 3 against a pair of KK it is impressive lol:eek:

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Much depends on the stage of the tournament. In the early stages, AK is not played by an allin. In the later ones with a small stack, yes. In the middle stage of your choice. And yes, it seems to me that you won me with 33 against AK in the middle stage of the tournament.))

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer the AK over the 33, even if you don’t hit anything you still have a good chance to bluff a pot

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
33 for sure! AK is over rated, I play it cautiously and know pairs are the way to go, just sucks when u put them on AK and they end up having a pair as well.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I figure you have just as good a chance with 33 as you have with AK. It's all to do with the cards that show up.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely AK, with 33 I lose regularly.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for over 11 years. Based on my experience, I will always prefer AK.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though 33 is lightly favorite agains AK, I will always prefer to play with AK.