The Ace of Spades is the "Death Card," but what about the Four of Hearts?

yesitme

yesitme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Ancient Eastern philosophy believes that human life has four stages "birth, old age, illness, death", the number 4 refers to the end of a life process.
For Chinese people, the number 4 is not a lucky number. The reason is because the Chinese pronunciation of number 4 is similar to the word "zi" which means death
The Four of Hearts = Blood death :eek:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The Four of Hearts can be a symbol of luck or happiness .......
Why not? :)
But I personally do not believe in any magical symbols or talismans, rituals and some incomprehensible traditions, all this is delusional for me. In poker, you either have a profit or a loss, everything is simple and the red four is just one of the 54 cards in the deck.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm a 49ers fan. So for me it's the fantastic 4. Purdy, McCaffrey, Bosa and Warner

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
4 is the basis of everything: 4 cardinal directions, seasons, sides of a square, 4 elements (fire, air, water, earth). 4 is stability.
4 hearts - strong love connections?

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To borrow from a grim reaper saying, humans have 4 stages of life (hearts)
One that sows: let's play those suited :4h4::5h4:
One that waters: let's aggressively bet that oefd with them
One that reaps: let's hit that river
One that consumes: let's take their stack for the love of a :4h4:

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I lack imagination to come up with some interesting story. The only thing I remember is that once I got a Straight Flush thanks to a Four of Hearts and it allowed me to go to the final table and increase my bankroll pretty well :)

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well I see that opinions are divided.....some are superstitious.....many are not. I fall among the latter....I am not superstitious at all and see no significance in the 4 of Hearts or any other card for that matter. It's value to me lies in being able to make a winning hand with it.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi folks,

a very funny topic, but i never win a big pot@ cashgame or a tournament with holding 4 of Hearts ;-).
I was better in winning with the ace of spades and the only situation where i can imagine holding 4h and having the nuts is when
board looks like that :

A-2-3-5 - River everything in hearts and would always check till turn or river if there are more villains who try to bluff or make donk bets :)!

Im sorry but 4 of hearts have no deeper meaning for me and my poker play :).

Last edited:
x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The Four of Hearts could represent the harmony of peace and togetherness !

Its symbolic power is a reminder of the freedom and equality of a global community and our striving for it. Not mutual hatred, but loving interaction with one another - whether in the north, in the south, from the west or east - leads to peaceful coexistence!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me personally, the Four of Hearts itself has absolutely no meaning. But everything changes when we know what our second card is. The Four of Hearts, like any other card in poker, makes sense when it is combined with another card, for example with another Four, or for example with the Five or Three of Hearts, respectively.

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
43A94EAE 6A27 4734 A6CF E8C33F0A1D2B
Four of Hearts symbolizes luck, four-leaf clover, is a variation of the regular three-leaf clover. Because of its unusual shape and rare appearance, it is believed that this type of grass will bring luck to those who happen to see it.

Each wing represents a different thing according to Asian beliefs: Faith, Hope, Love and Luck.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
(i hate the 4)

4s, 4c, 4,d, 4,h - the 4 horsemen of apocalypse

4h - red horse - sword, blood(heart), violence, war, death

.. so he showed his 4 of hearts and a flush of blood streamed over the world..

P

Parkez73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 4 of hearts could mean that we have 4 lives left... and that to win, they will have to kill us 4 times... we would be almost immortal!! hehehe...

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
The 4 of hearts represents a well know choice that was made by the devil to a man tjat had stumbled upon his secret castle during his wanderings through the forest. The devil offered the man a choice, after which he would let him go but would have to keep the location of the devils castle hidden. His offer was: you have 4 ladies, with four different attributes, the first one was the most beautifull in the world, the second one the richest, third the smartest, and the last one was his soulmate. Which one do you choose.

The point of the tale is, after all it is your choice what you make of your life that is represented by the 4 of hearts

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Once I was lucky enough to win a tournament with a pair of fours. These were two fours, the Four of Hearts and the Four of Diamonds. I remember this case well because it was a tournament on unibet, and I managed to win more than 140 euros, even though the buy-in was only 1 euro. By the way, I won a ticket for 1 euro in our freerolls that were held then. It's a pity that they are gone now.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I’m not a fan of various negativity in life, so I would call :4h4: a love card. If someone often receives this card while playing, it means that they will be lucky in love in the near future. I think this legend can be very easily introduced into the card world. To do this, you need to tell about this story at several card tables and people will begin to pass it on by word of mouth, and over time, many players will know about it. I’m not superstitious at all, but I love good stories that warm people from the inside.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Unlike the Ace of Spade which has a darker meaning for members of the POP culture, perhaps the 4 of hearts could bring a little more color into the lives of followers and could signify the 4 stages in life: the first stage represents childhood, the 2nd adolescence, the 3rd adult life or maturity and the 4th is the old age or wisdom.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
Aces will always do their job well. Aces leads from all kinds of card games.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In Japan, the number 4 is considered a bad sign. Sometimes their houses don't even have a fourth floor. So, if we were playing poker with a Japanese deck of cards, it's quite possible that there simply wouldn't be a four :)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Out of all of the cards in the poker deck, the Ace of Spades :as4: has been extremely significant in pop culture with numerous references to death and danger in movies, music, and history.

The Ace of Spades card was used as a receipt for taxes paid during medieval times with counterfeiting punishable by death. It also formed part of the "Dead Man's Hand" that Wild Bill Hickok was holding when he was killed. More recently, it was used as a psychological tool of intimidation during the Vietnam War.

Let's imagine a world where another random card in the deck has the same long history, superstition, and lore surrounding it: the Four of Hearts! :4h4:

Time to let your imagination run free - what are the most compelling and creative stories that you can invent about the significance of the Four of Hearts in pop culture and the legends that would surround it?

View attachment 347728
When I was starting out in poker, years ago at a live cash game table, a man told me that the 4 of hearts was the card of his life. I asked why, he told me that 3 hearts were for his two daughters and his wife... and the fourth? I asked, and he was almost falling over from drinking and said: it's mine, because I have hypertension, so the one in the letter is the only one that's good. We had a few laughs, and at the end of the night he took me about 200 dollars haha, we are friends to this day and his heart continues to beat

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The fourth chakra is a heart chakra, coincidence - I think not ;) Since this chakra is about serenity, calmness and balance, and it's name could be translated as unbeaten among other variants, I think 4 of hearts would refer to a zen-level poker game. Being unaffected by bad beats and bad variance, not letting it change your game in any way. Let everything that can happen in poker happen and still remain in your A-game.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's really very similar, hahahahah
I have rejected your answer. You will need to expand on what you mean? This answer tells us nothing about your theory. Please read the message I have sent you, via private message.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
The 4 leaves of the heart symbolize 4 intense human vitality

Remargo

Remargo

Enthusiast