The Ace of Spades is the "Death Card," but what about the Four of Hearts?

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Out of all of the cards in the poker deck, the Ace of Spades :as4: has been extremely significant in pop culture with numerous references to death and danger in movies, music, and history.

The Ace of Spades card was used as a receipt for taxes paid during medieval times with counterfeiting punishable by death. It also formed part of the "Dead Man's Hand" that Wild Bill Hickok was holding when he was killed. More recently, it was used as a psychological tool of intimidation during the Vietnam War.

Let's imagine a world where another random card in the deck has the same long history, superstition, and lore surrounding it: the Four of Hearts! :4h4:

Time to let your imagination run free - what are the most compelling and creative stories that you can invent about the significance of the Four of Hearts in pop culture and the legends that would surround it?

Last edited:
P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
4 hearts are they a loving family of 4, or are they 2 couples. Swinging.

Is 3 hearts a love triangle or an affair?

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Out of all of the cards in the poker deck, the Ace of Spades :as4: has been extremely significant in pop culture with numerous references to death and danger in movies, music, and history.

The Ace of Spades card was used as a receipt for taxes paid during medieval times with counterfeiting punishable by death. It also formed part of the "Dead Man's Hand" that Wild Bill Hickok was holding when he was killed. More recently, it was used as a psychological tool of intimidation during the Vietnam War.

Let's imagine a world where another random card in the deck has the same long history, superstition, and lore surrounding it: the Four of Hearts! :4h4:

Time to let your imagination run free - what are the most compelling and creative stories that you can invent about the significance of the Four of Hearts in pop culture and the legends that would surround it?

View attachment 347728
The Four of Hearts is an exemplary family, where all family members love, appreciate and respect each other.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have any good story for the :4h4:, but in the tarot it is seen as a mysterious card, and represents introspection, meditation and reflection, although I don't believe in that nonsense.😁

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The 4 of cups symbolizes the four suits on a single card, which when you hit a drill with it, means that you are very lucky! I didn't even say that and yes, Wilde Bill... My favorite character from the Wild West 😜🤔

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The :4h4: means a betrayal is about to occur.

You should postpone important activities and be very careful.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Tough one this time.
All I can recollect is that the 4 of hearts symbolizes and has to do with : Love, Emotion, Harmony and Balance.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My story

I could imagine is the 4 of hearts

Standing for a new charity tournament.

4 heart related causes all over the world.

It could also be used to promote the giving of blood.

And promote charities such the Britsh Heart Foundation for an example.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As a person who follows many Buddhism theory the 4 of hearts are loving-kindness, compassion, sympathetic joy and equanimity. If we had only these four emotions at our disposal, we would have paradise.

But my story would be this, The 4 of hearts has a log ancient history of the 4 true loves in any man or women life. The 1st heart goes to the parents of each person. The 2nd heart goes to there spouse and true love. The 3rd heart is for the love of there children and grandchildren. The 4th heart belongs to there god.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my imagination, 4h is the sentry to my tower. Everyone goes through him to get to me. :(

4c

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips

I am an Accountant by trade, so creative is not really my forte, regardless what you hear in the news, but I will try for the points. The four of hearts I believe would be something to do with cheating "in cards". Meaning that once it's played, there are people at the table that start looking at each other. And somebody is screwing someone, and everyone knows the 4 of hearts means this...so now everyone is looking at each other, but no one knows who...but they know its someone. And they just have to keep playing, all paranoid and all...sh*t that would make people play a whole lot different wouldn't it...lol. Sorry kids that was the best I could do...hope it doesn't get deleted again...

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
In numerology, the number 4 is associated with stability, order, and a strong foundation.

And the heart symbol is obviously connected to love and romance.

So I guess the 4 of Hearts card could have given inspiration to a lot of romantic comedies in an alternative universe. And in every movie the card shows up and the players know that they are connected in some ways that have romantic or relationship implications.

Some made-up titles could be: "The Card Cupid", "Shuffle of the Heart", and "Destiny's Deck".

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Four is a very unfourtunate number in Chinese culture because in Chinese the word for four sounds like the word for death. In fact at the Wynn you will not find a fourth floor button in the elevator. They didn't fourget either. It was all planned out. The hearts represent broken hearts because if you play a hand with a four in it in poker there is an awful good chance you will lose.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Imagination engaged...The 4 of Hearts represents a pledge to love someone 4-ever, but that pledge is broken...It was made famous in the Bon Jovi song: "shot through the heart and you're to blame, you give love a bad name." The nickname for the 4 of hearts is "shot through the heart."

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I like the stories around the As and everything... I think, there must be the same kind of stories but inverse. But I don't know if the correct card could be 4h. I think better on Ah. To represent all the opposite Ah vs As.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Legend has it that a young monarch many centuries ago was dissatisfied with his life, although he had all the riches and power of the time, he was unable to feel happy with himself.

So, on a certain full moon night, the young monarch decided to take a walk and reflected on his dissatisfaction, and on the way he met an old fortune teller, and she said: come here, young man, I know why you are here" and the curious young man about that lady moved, so she handed him a 4 of hearts and said that happiness lies in the simple things in life, telling the young monarch to put the 4 of hearts under his pillow for 4 consecutive nights when sleeping, and his life would change, so the young monarch followed his his counsels, and began to notice the first changes on the first night, after the 4th night he understood the meaning, that by focusing on the fortune teller's story he forgot his anxieties, and observed that he should value things simple life.

Since then, the 4 of Cups has become a symbolic card that represents that true happiness lies in simplicity.

Making us, poker players, reflect that even though the 4 of hearts belongs to the class of marginal hands, at the right moment it can turn into a trip, or straight on the flop, making the simplicity of a 4 of hearts a big pot of Chips.

I hope that you enjoyed.

Last edited:
A

Anna Brito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
There is a very old story told by my grandmother, that her grandmother was a cook at a Chinese house, which she heard from an apple in the house, one fine day the nobility was playing poker, and the powerful man from that place bet and lost because of the 4th of the cups he had all the players beheaded, 5 players counting on him and beheaded 4 because of the 4th of cups.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There was a book written in 1959 about how most of people looks for stability in four aspects of life: love, health, richness and happiness. This book had the stories of the author about how he had achieved this thing in his life. It became an inspiration by many.
In its cover had a 4 of hearts.
There where movies inspired by this story, and a popular pop band used the 4 of hearts as their symbol. Since then, the 4 of hearts is known as a lucky symbol.
Truestory

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
ace of spade very good song by motorhead I am a rock and roll lover regarding four of hearts for a special card representing my 4 loves my children lol

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
It's strange that you didn't mention the queen of spades, because a lot of attention has been paid to this card: often this card is associated with a widow and an offended woman who is angry at people. There is divination on the queen of spades and it looks more like a horror story. There is also a literary work dedicated to this lady.

Well, let's think about the four of hearts. In general, this card is associated with some problems in relationships, but from a positive point of view: this card acts as a solution path and, as it were, pushes for action.

Let's come up with a legend:

Many, many years ago there was an avid poker player. He was always unlucky, but he played anyway.
And then one day he was playing one-on-one with a charming woman. He had a pocket pair of aces, and there was :4s4::4c4::ah4: :9d4:on the board.
He bet everything he had and so did she.
:4d4: came to the river.
And when it was time to show the cards, the Woman showed that she had :4h4: in her hands.

He lost that night at cards, but he won something more, because on that fateful evening they fell in love with each other.
People often called this woman a witch and shunned her. And she did have some abilities, but she never discussed it with anyone.

She decided to help her beloved and cast a spell on 4 worms. She told her lover that 4 hearts is a special card, because thanks to her, she attracted his attention by winning that HU.
Soon the man noticed that every time he had 4 hearts in his hands, he won. Of course, he decided that it was now his good luck charm, not suspecting that his beloved had a hand in it.

Time passed. The man became insanely rich, began to lead a debauched lifestyle and cooled down to his beloved. The woman could not forgive him and cursed 4 heards.

That evening, the man played big and after receiving the coveted 4 hearts, he put absolutely everything on the line: money, real estate.
On board :4d4::4s4::as4::4c4::2s4:.
When it's time to show the cards. The man happily showed his :4h4:.
But suddenly, his opponent shows :3s4::5s4:.

That evening, a man died of a heart attack right at the poker table.

Many years have passed, but still poker players notice that they always lose if they have 4 hearts. Experienced players always immediately fold their cards if they see 4 hearts.🙊

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
unfortunately, besides the fact that I like the number 4, I can’t say anything more.
and I don’t believe in all sorts of mythical stories, and especially about fortune telling on cards😅

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Four of Hearts, the marriage card, signifies emotional challenges with stability and security along emotional lines. It represents our tendency to take for granted the things that we have, making it hard for us to see what treasures the universe presents us with. We tend to have the answers to our troubles right in front us, but we tend to focus too much on what we do not have. Look at the whole picture and the answer to your issues is already presented to you and it also reminds us to be grateful. That it is time to remind those we love how much we need them <3

A regular deck of cards can be used for tarot and that is why many different religions condoned playing with cards. Some still do <3 <3 <3 Spades/Swords, Clubs/Wands, Hearts/Cups, Diamonds/Coins, but no Major Arcana cards. Wheel of fortune, The fool, tower etc.

Unfortunately because I know what it means....my imagination is dead :p if this does not count, I can try again <3 Neat question Propane Goat!

G

Goldenbeardy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
4 of hearts could represent the man who loves his wife, his kids, his friends and his biggest love, poker.

The 4 hearts he has as he loves all of them in different ways.