The Ace of Spades is the "Death Card," but what about the Four of Hearts?

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the Uk some people, me included, call hearts jam tarts as in rhyming slang. So to me a 4 of hearts
would represent 4 jam tarts.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Many years ago there was a young lad named Angus who lived in Edinburgh, Scotland and had inherited his father's golf course who had just passed away a few years earlier. One night Angus was playing poker with a few aristocrats when he found himself involved in a very large pot with the wealthiest of the aristocrats named Gordon, since he couldn't match what Gordon had wagered Angus put the deed to his father's golf course in the middle confidently knowing he had been dealt a monster hand. After the bet was accepted Angus stood pat (back then 5-card draw was all that was played) and Gordon shrugged and said 'I guess I need to hit my draw', then slid 1 card to the dealer. 'Aces full' said Angus as he couldn't help but smile as he showed 3 aces and 2 queens, Gordon then showed the 3,5,6,7 of hearts and said 'looks like I have 1 out'. The dealer then slid the card face down to Gordon who then flipped over, yup you guessed it, the 4 of hearts. Angus was so shocked that he just stared at the card in disbelief for what seemed like an eternity before finally gulping down the last of his drink and excusing himself as he walked out the door.
A week later Angus went to the golf course to clear out the rest of his things and asked Gordon if he would allow him to play 1 final round of golf. Gordon replied 'of course' since he was very empathetic to Angus knowing how much his late father meant to him..... rumor has it that Angus was so distraught over losing his father's inheritance that he didn't make 1 good shot and could be heard cursing after every missed shot, others say it wasn't Angus cursing but him just yelling four since the vision of the four of hearts being turned over was still fresh in his memory, either way people say that this is why golfers yell fore (four) to this day when they hit an errant golf shot.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the 4 of hearts could mean love trust and happyness

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
A wise man once told me pocket 44 is the nutz.

The 4 hearts represents the heart of each of the four paint cards the Jack Queen King and Ass (Ace)

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Let me start with the fact that Spade is the most favorite suit of the entire deck of cards! What a beautiful flush of spades ! Honestly, I like the Queen of Spades better than the Ace of Spades.

some people say that the ace of spades is the highest card in the deck!
about 4 hearts and the number 4 in general, I heard somewhere that in China it means death..

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the four of hearts symbolizes a square, that is, a square consists of four dots and a square is a house and a house is a family and a family is warmth, love and joy where there is joy there is success that's something like that

the ace of spades is not a bad card for me, I ran a decent run with the Ace of Spades, especially with a straight flush, yes, this card plays but rarely

Last edited:
john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The Four of Hearts in the present world will give people hope. Let me explain. On this card each person after his 50th birthday will have to write the name of a person and a part of his inheritance in % ratio, which will go to this person, as well as his personal signature. And no law will be able to override this. And it does not matter what will be written in the official will, as the Four of Hearts - this will be the most important document. This card will be in a special cell of the bank (where the bank account of this person is opened) in a sealed envelope. And only after the death of this person it will be possible to open this envelope. :unsure:

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
"4 Hearts" in my imagination is a band with 4 young pretty womans with emotional and sometimes also funny pop music making their fans happy and having no airs and graces.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Four of hearts is fantasy that a lot of people have and almost anyone did. I prefer the two o f hearts...

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In the magical world of card games, there were two fun cards -
Four of Hearts and Two of Diamonds. They were very friendly and always helped each other. The Four of Hearts was a symbol of happiness and luck. Wherever the Four of Hearts appeared, joyful and cheerful events took place. The Two of Diamonds, always very calm and balanced, it symbolized intelligence and strategy.

...... but ...... even considering all these advantages, I personally never play with such junk.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The Ace Of Spades is a track by Motorhead. All three are now dead. Incidentally, I was born 80 years to the day after Hickok was murdered.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have no idea, for me the :4h4: is always the card that never comes up when I need it :ROFLMAO: . So the 4❤️ will break my 💘 :ROFLMAO:

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't have any story actually related to the Four of Hearts, if I can say that this card for me represents love in all its forms, it inspires nostalgic and cute feelings in me. Speaking of love, I once read that love is not granted forever, it must be nurtured day by day. Long live love and poker!!

semsaltov77777

semsaltov77777

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
4 is the most unlucky number for Chinese people. The number “four” in Chinese is the consonant word for “death.” And :4h4: that's just crazy

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For example, I have a Four of Hearts :cool:
I will play depending on my position if my second card is, for example:
:3h4: or :5h4:
:4d4::4c4::4s4:
:ah4:
and maybe also
:2h4::6h4: but it depends on each specific situation.
All other options - fold, probably in 90% of cases.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like some of ChatGPT's answers for this haha. I'd make it the Card of Heroes :)

The Card of Destiny
Legend has it that the Four of Hearts was the chosen card of an ancient secret society known as the "Order of Fate." Members believed that drawing the Four of Hearts from the deck foretold one's destiny, either bringing immense fortune or inevitable doom. It was said that those who possessed this card held a mysterious power to influence the course of events in their lives.

The Guardian of Secrets
Whispers circulated about a hidden manuscript, supposedly penned by an enigmatic sage, which held the secrets of the universe. It was said that the key to unlocking this manuscript lay in deciphering the mystic symbols found only on the Four of Hearts. Seekers from every corner of the world embarked on quests to uncover this ancient wisdom, hoping to gain unparalleled knowledge and enlightenment.

The Card of Heroes
During times of conflict and adversity, soldiers and warriors believed that carrying the Four of Hearts granted them protection and courage. It became a talisman, passed from one valiant hero to another, inspiring acts of bravery and heroism on the battlefield.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
4 my heart likes it I believe in myths and fortune telling.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My 4 of hearts story would be about a man that wins a gold claim with a flush and his only heart is 4h. The gold claim is huge, but his family of 4 dies when the tunnel collapses their first day working the claim.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
The ace wins 90 percent. That's why I choose aces.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
"Four of hearts starts" is a house rule in a popular game 'Shithead'. :)

J

Julie Danter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
The ace of spades is a great song. By Motorhead.
Lemmy kilmister. What an amazing name.
R.I.P
I heard that he was nick named Lemmy when he was a teenager 'cos he was always skint and constantly asking friends; "Lend me a tenner".

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Four of Hearts

In the darkness of the streets of the ancient city, there was a mysterious brothel known as "Four of Hearts". From the outside, it looked like the most ordinary house and no different from the other houses on this street, but its real life awakened after the sun went down.

The mistress of the brothel, a mysterious woman named Queen of Spades, chose her "artists" from the most beautiful and skillful women of the city. Each of them had a unique name that corresponded to one card from the deck, and under which her true identity was hidden.

Men from all over the city came here to escape from everyday life and immerse themselves in the world of temptation and luxury for a moment. Illuminated halls of the brothel created an atmosphere of mystery, and music gently enveloped each guest.

Although society condemned the existence of such places, Queen of Spades believed that she simply gave people the opportunity to escape to another world from their everyday problems and routines. For her, "Four of Hearts" was a place where you could find not only physical pleasure, but also mental rest.

Many years have passed since that time, the "Four of Hearts" brothel ceased to exist a long time ago and most of the "artists" retired and became happy grandmothers. Queen of Spades also disappeared, leaving behind the legend of the best brothel in the history of the city, where the happy and sad found solace and elusive happiness.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Four of Hearts :4h4: in ancient traditions symbolizes the four corners of the world, so protection and good luck to everyone who holds this symbol in their hands ... aaand even Chuck Norris would not have managed to win the 84 World Championship of Poker with a joker 1702136556461, a Cub :2c4:, a Heart with a :7h4:, a green 4 from UNO 1702136620340and a Monopoly "Get Out of Jail Free"1702136759751 card if someone has the Four of Hearts :4h4:their hand.

Namaste. 😁

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Sorry. I can’t associate anything good or bad with the Four of Hearts. And the ace of spades is just a card for me. For me, cards are a game, I try to stay away from their mystical meaning, it’s easier for me.