**2009 WSOP Main Event Discussion** (Caution: Most likely has spoiler news within)

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah but they get like 60% of hands wrong ask anybody about that
I agree that it sucks to get wrong info. Especially if I were a player involved in the hand. But, as a fan, considering that like two years ago we'd have to wait literally hours between any possible reports, I appreciate that people getting paid probably just over minimum wage are busting their humps to get us the amount of info they do. Before we'd have to wait all day to find out if our favorite pros are still in. Now we can follow their progress all day. We get a LOT of play by play. I just don't expect them to be able to report every single big pot.

Would be nice if big pots were accurate, I agree with that part. But I'll take what I can get. :)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that it sucks to get wrong info. Especially if I were a player involved in the hand. But, as a fan, considering that like two years ago we'd have to wait literally hours between any possible reports, I appreciate that people getting paid probably just over minimum wage are busting their humps to get us the amount of info they do. Before we'd have to wait all day to find out if our favorite pros are still in. Now we can follow their progress all day. We get a LOT of play by play. I just don't expect them to be able to report every single big pot.

Would be nice if big pots were accurate, I agree with that part. But I'll take what I can get. :)
well obv i dont expect them to report that x stole the blinds but in a 2 million chip pot, dont say that someone open shoved if u know it indeed didnt happen

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eastgate to go back to back for the omg wif sickness factor!!!

Dennis philips final tabling again would be sick good for poker

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its getting hard to bet against ivey in this situation but agreed, would be epic if phillips made ft or won

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't Dennis Phillips the one that played like shit at the final table last year and busted out in like 7th even though he was chip leader?

edit: apparently he got third, so I guess I don't remember last year's FT at all.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trex might actually be happy about this

• http://my.pokernews.com/FerricRamsium/ Ivey On the Move!

Before the flop, Hac Dang opened with a raise to 80,000. Halfway around the table, Phil Ivey three-bet it up to 260,000. Dang moved all in for about 620,000, and Ivey made the call to put him at risk of elimination.

Showdown
    Dang:
    qs.gif
    qc.gif

Ivey:
    jc.gif
    jh.gif

You know the rest of the story. The flop rolled out
    js.gif
    9s.gif
    4c.gif
    , drawing a huge reaction from the cheering squad assembled on the ledge. The
    5c.gif
    and
    7c.gif
    that filled out the board did nothing to save Dang. He's been sent to the rail courtesy of Ivey's two-out jack, and Phil is all the way up to 3,260,000.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phillips has 3 mil in chips now, playing good aggro poker. already has 4 bet shoved twice and he just 5 bet shoved over tran and sanders

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please please please please let ivey final table this

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if ivey wins he will probably win like 8 billion in prop bets plus the 8 mill will be given to dealer as a tip IMO.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Andrew Lichtenberger: "If I wear my hat backwards, will it make me look like a badass?"

Phil Ivey: "... Nothing you do will make you look badass."

Made me lol

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't Dennis Phillips the one that played like shit at the final table last year and busted out in like 7th even though he was chip leader?

edit: apparently he got third, so I guess I don't remember last year's FT at all.

Pretty much but he's your typical average joe, so when so many amateurs go, 'well if this non pro can win millions in the biggest tourny twice in a row, then surely i can', poker will profit

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sick, there is someone still in who had 400 chips when the blinds were 200/400/50

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
day 7 is about to start, they will play down to 27 ppl today

i think ivey has the best table draw, sitting at a fairly deep stacked table with lacay who has been playing really really looose and just playing bad and getting lucky from some accounts

should be a good day

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's Phil Ivey's time to win one. I'll be pulling for him. Dennis Phillips also still lookin' good.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want antonio to win this, then ivey after him

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
antonio, ivey, phillips, friedman, seebs, schulman and leo at final table plz

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's Phil Ivey's time to win one. I'll be pulling for him. Dennis Phillips also still lookin' good.

This. Fo sho. Would be the sickest series ever to win 2 prelim events and then scoop the main event.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
day 7 is about to start, they will play down to 27 ppl today

i think ivey has the best table draw, sitting at a fairly deep stacked table with lacay who has been playing really really looose and just playing bad and getting lucky from some accounts

should be a good day

Yeah, I was looking at the headlines from the last couple days. Half of them are like "Lacay makes a bad read", "Lacay beats the odds again", "Lacay knocks out with suck out". :icon_sant

Well lol @ it being anyone's "time to win" the main event, but I'll sure as hell be pulling for him and Antonio.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
60 ppl left, lacay up to 7mil and moon is first to reach 10mil
sebok has 500K, vedes has 8mil

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dennis Phillips back to back Finale Table!

WSOP