**2009 WSOP Main Event Discussion** (Caution: Most likely has spoiler news within)

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol worldseriesofpoker.com has exceeded its allowed traffic.

Antonio and Ivey FT'ing would be so so epic.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
winner of the final table will be whoever is on the left of lacay obv

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Ivey, Esfandiari, and Katchalov can make the final table, that would be so cool! Especially Ivey I hope he wins it. He is the best player in the world in my opinion.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Ivey, Esfandiari, and Katchalov can make the final table, that would be so cool! Especially Ivey I hope he wins it. He is the best player in the world in my opinion.
katchalov is out :(

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really hope Esfandiari takes it down. He's one of my favourite players..

Lacay got great seating today, he got position on Ivey. Not sure how thing's progressed, but promising for him.

Woah. Was going to toss some support behind ElkY but found out he busted today :(

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why would you check an over pair to Phil Ivey?

Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:53:37
Ivey Cracks Ward's Kings
Joseph Ward raised to 205,000 from under the gun, and it folded around to Phil Ivey who called from the small blind. The flop came
7h.gif
4c.gif
Qs.gif
, and both players checked. The turn brought the
7d.gif
, pairing the board. Ivey bet 350,000, and Ward made the call. The river brought the
4d.gif
, putting a second pair out there. This time Ivey bet 750,000, and after thinking a bit Ward made the call. Ivey showed
9c.gif
7c.gif
for sevens full, and Ward
Kh.gif
Kd.gif
. Ivey moves up to 11.3 million, and Ward is now at 8.8 million.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Ivey can pull this off, it would be an epic win for him and all of the pro's. It would basically confirm he is the best player in the world.(Which i already think he is)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you check an over pair to Phil Ivey?

Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:53:37
Ivey Cracks Ward's Kings
Joseph Ward raised to 205,000 from under the gun, and it folded around to Phil Ivey who called from the small blind. The flop came
7h.gif
4c.gif
Qs.gif
, and both players checked. The turn brought the
7d.gif
, pairing the board. Ivey bet 350,000, and Ward made the call. The river brought the
4d.gif
, putting a second pair out there. This time Ivey bet 750,000, and after thinking a bit Ward made the call. Ivey showed
9c.gif
7c.gif
for sevens full, and Ward
Kh.gif
Kd.gif
. Ivey moves up to 11.3 million, and Ward is now at 8.8 million.

There is nothing wrong at all with how ward played this, probably played it perfectly tbh

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they quit after 3 the other 2 times didnt they?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't comprehend the awesomeness of Ivey FT'ing this

Mike Matusow can - apparently he's got some bets with Andy Bloch. $1000 at 100-1 that Ivey wins, and 10-1 that Ivey makes the final table. Sounds like it was made a few days ago, but this has been the Twitter conversation in the past hour:

Mike Matusow: Dear andy rule #1 in life never bet against people not born on earth a.k.a phil ivey

Mike Matusow: Dear andy is it true your car was spotted heading toward the lake if so turn around please

Andy Bloch: Too hot to visit the dam right now, maybe I'll go in November. lol

Andy Bloch: settle bets for $10k?

Mike Matusow: Dear andy 10k lol told u if u read my books stay off drugs dude 30k for all bets ill think about

:D

http://www.pokernews.com/online-poker/twitter-poker-pros/TheMouthMatusow/ and http://www.pokernews.com/online-poker/twitter-poker-pros/Andy_Bloch/ for the originals

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
And 29 left... 2 more out and it goes to the next day.

But they're on a 90-minute break for dinner.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not sure Antonio's gonna make it to the final table. He's currently in last place (28 out of 28) with 1.3 million chips.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
antonio bounced back to > 4 mil, let's epic antonio vs ivey heads up 4 main event bracelet

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Antonio made it back to a little over 4mill chips. Ivey in 4th atm. 27 left cant wait for tomorrow!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would that be good or bad for poker?

i think it'd be worse than some hilarious loveable trucker, but better than two unknown midstakes/highstakes pro-types with no personality like eastgate

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rooting for ivey, the chick, or some hilarious lovable trucker, in that order.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it'd be worse than some hilarious loveable trucker, but better than two unknown midstakes/highstakes pro-types with no personality like eastgate

yea i think it has to be one one end of the extreme otherwise people are just like
:eek: nerd won wsop .... blank.

instead of guy whos last name is moneymaker who paid $40 and won $2.5mill in WSOP :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

or

Hey that guy that everyone is saying is amazing at poker, phill ivey, the best player in the world won the WSOP. Poker must be game of skill.

pokerstars lays out the atm, cha-ching for them. cha-ching for solid regs. cha-ching for lucky donk who wins sunday mill. cha-ching coz it sounds cool. cha-ching cha-ching because two is better than one.

WSOP