**2009 WSOP Main Event Discussion** (Caution: Most likely has spoiler news within)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, this is the bubble, 649 left 648 money:

Meanwhile, Christina Renz has been sitting on the short stack for most of the day. Just now she was in the small blind, and the the table folded around to her. She looked down at her hand, then at the 50,000 or so she had remaining.

Before acting, she had a question. If she turned her cards face up, would it kill the hand? The floor was called over, and it was explained that it wouldn't kill the hand, though she'd face a penalty for exposing her cards.

Renz decided against turning her cards over, and shoved her stack in the middle. The big blind folded, and then she showed her pocket aces.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the action I really don't mind the KK fold especially given how steep the bubble is. It's quite a while after the bubble before there's any significant increase in money while folding basically locks up the extra 21k+ it says someone will be all-in for only 500 chip ante next hand lol. Also with such a steep bubble is he really shoving AK or QQ there?

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where is everyone watching the main event? Can you see it online?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wanna fold KK preflop face up at the main event

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to get KK face down in the main event

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
okay so...

that comment i made about PH being the most awesomest, sexiest, w/e player of all time..

incase you guys didnt realize there was some sarcasm in my typing. ldo

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the action I really don't mind the KK fold especially given how steep the bubble is. It's quite a while after the bubble before there's any significant increase in money while folding basically locks up the extra 21k+ it says someone will be all-in for only 500 chip ante next hand lol. Also with such a steep bubble is he really shoving AK or QQ there?

the part that is bad is that he put in like a huuuge chunk of his stack having no idea what he was going to do vs. a shove and then tank-folding. if you're not prepared to get KK all-in on the bubble with those stacks then why not just flatcall preflop. some people have no concept of planning ahead

and fwiw it's "only" an extra 11k+ equity difference, not truly 21k, because the bubble boy always gets a seat to the next main event (which is kinda silly since it just makes the bubble of the bubble the real bubble)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the part that is bad is that he put in like a huuuge chunk of his stack having no idea what he was going to do vs. a shove and then tank-folding. if you're not prepared to get KK all-in on the bubble with those stacks then why not just flatcall preflop. some people have no concept of planning ahead

and fwiw it's "only" an extra 11k+ equity difference, not truly 21k, because the bubble boy always gets a seat to the next main event (which is kinda silly since it just makes the bubble of the bubble the real bubble)

didn't realize that every bubble boy got seat next year anyway.

But if I remember correctly it was weird action like I'm sure he planned on felting it initially but then like there was a cold 4-bet and the guy 5-bet shoved right? I mean if he 3-bets original guy 4-bets he could easily shove I think but when the action goes like that especially on the bubble the 5-bet shove is like always AA. Maybe I got action wrong though.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more than 1 person folded kk in the bubble. Its just 1 was massively worse than the other. For 1 someone raised with kings, got 3bet and bb 4bet shoved, raiser folded kings and bb flashed a king.

For the worse 1 being talked about, i think it went raise,call,squeeze,initial raiser 4bets,caller 5bet shoves

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kenny Tran for best player left in the main event!

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woohooo, Kara Scott got lucky and didnt get eliminated!

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those from the UK, Beppe Di Marco is winning this thing

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who's Kara Scott?

She started learning on PokerNightLive and used to go out first or second in the $2 sngs they played.

Then got slightly better over the year the program run, played under the name of 'toastrack' an anagram of her name.

A Canadian who lives and works in England presenting poker shows including the EPT.

From Newfoundland and former martial arts person also into backgammon.

For those from the UK, Beppe Di Marco is winning this thing

Will there be a duf-duf on the river card lol :)

WSOP