**2009 WSOP Main Event Discussion** (Caution: Most likely has spoiler news within)

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was hoping this year the "November Nine" concept would get scrapped :( I doubt that's going to happen now with such a big name at the FT.

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless Darvin Moon gets some serious poker coaching (that might not even be enough) I think that he will have to be extremely lucky to keep his chip advantage for too long. Whoever starts taking his chips and owning him i.e. Eric Buchman, Steven Begleiter, Jeff Shulman, Phil Ivey will win the event. I feel the best two players are the shortest stacks which is a shame because if either one had some chips to work with I think they could do some serious damage. Buchman, Begleiter or Shulman have a great chance to win as well. I think the other players need some coaching but hey anything could happen at the final table so well see.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought I saw something about Phil Ivey being at the final table the other day so he is definately my vote to take it down.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah lol iveys at FT.

would be nice for him or shulman to win imo

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was very excited that Phil made it to the final table. Mostly because he is one of the greatest poker players and deserves it. But also it just makes it so much more exciting and will generate a lot more interest and enthusiasm for the event.

Go Phil!!

But I was crushed when Antonio got knocked out. I watched him on a couple of tables and he seems like a great guy. I would love for him to have made it as well.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if anyone wants to bet on phil ivey to win i will bet against -- yes i am crazy enough to bet against phil ivey -- at 5:1 (i.e. my $100 against your $20)

ill take the bet at 6:1?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, it's alittle light. Intertops has Ivey at 7:1.

obv i put it out there cause i thought they were good odds for me and based on emp's suggestion that ivey was 20%. but it always feels blasphemous and crazy to bet against ivey regardless of odds cause he has a history of making you pay for it

ill take the bet at 6:1?

pshhh, way to be a nit about it. not even sure if i have any edge on that but i'll gambol it, $120 vs. $20?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed!!!

odds that we remember this in november would be interesting

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
James Akenhead FTW!!! (only cos im a brit)

But i wanna see Ivey win this thing, jus bcos he's such a great player.
Lets hope there's more coverage on the final table :D

WSOP