go all-in, nothing ventured nothing gained

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the Button goes all in 1st hand of tourney & I'm BB with pocket K's,I'm calling.I would rather call than lay it down.If I did get beat early,it still would be better than popping out on the bubble and getting so close to cashing out.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK suited I call and KK i fold.. Decided that today

charliboulders

charliboulders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why a good question! I can't really say for sure what I would do without being in that position in real life, but I would probably call if I had to answer. odds are definitely in my favor but who knows what the other person has and could be shoving with pocket pair like aces. Makes me anxious just thinking about it.

D

deeshark420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding the best preflop because you dont want to go out in the beginning

With no poker experience in my early Twenty's I went to a private held tournament down at a local bingo hall with my boyfriend,whom ended up winning the whole thing for 1600 dollars.buy ends were cheap 80 dollars a piece.
He never laughed so hard in his whole life when we started changing to new tables and I told him what happened to me the first hand.I said I said I was dealt pocket aces and a guy around the table went all in so I folded.He said your kidding I said no I'm serious I didn't want to go out the first hand of the tournament.He laughed he hasn't let me forget about it.I would've hit trip aces and won that hand.Every time I'm dealt aces I get that same feeling if its an all in situation. I've won small and won big.Its not the cards you hold its how its played. Goodluck at the tables everyone.

D

dznootz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold all day. Not risking tournament life on one hand ever. I don't care if it's aces. There are better ways to accrue a large stack than pushing pre-flop with no read of the players at the table.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely a fold, if it was AA i would call! :)

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy call, if he has aces it's just a cooler.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well if you don't win the first hand you can't win em all!! First hand with the blind that small I fold all day and 1/2 the night. It's the first hand and any two cards can win. I have lost with pocket kings several times so I have to give em up and rely on my skill to build my stack. Way to early to rely on luck when mine is nothing but bad!:D:D

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not in everything, always at the beginning slowly until nevidis how other players play in these tournaments you'll sure get to see new players who do not know.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I would fold why did the risk to do?
immediately drain it? ...

D

Deplorable

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all in?

when i play free rolls or games I like the excitement of going all in on a good hand. But if it were a paid tourney I would be more hesitant to go all in.:icon_sant

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would go all in with pocket kings. why would i assume button has aces when he shoves 300 bb preflop instead of making a standard 3 or 4 bb raise?. its an easy call and even if villain has aces there s still a 20% of chances of winning the hand. folding isnt a good choice in this spot.

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All In for sure. No way he has AA on the first hand right?

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine this. You are from Europe and won a seat at the main event from a satellite. You pack you bags and pay for a plane ticket. You pay for a hotel in Vegas and hope you will get some money from the tourney. You go seat the dealer gives you KK and you snap call. The opponent has AK or QQ and gets lucky on the river. I would break my own neck in front of the cameras if this happen to me :D

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With kings i fold, my tought is, if i am him the only way that i go all in in the first hand is if i have pocket aces so.. Fold.

Toasted_Luck

Toasted_Luck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't even shove with Aces without seeing the flop in most games unless I'm ITM.

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hm it's a hard one... Even though I think nobody would make that move, if someone would actually do that he's not a very good player. The only hand you hope he hasn't is AA and a good player would not shove like that on the first hand. Considering he is a bad player he could actually have AA so maybe it is a fold

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course it depends from the cards I had, but to go all in from the first hand it means that you could get out and lose the chance for something bigger in the tournament.

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think anything like that is gonna happen in the main event and i hve to agree that a call would be tempting, but maybe that shoving guy is some crazy rich millionaire who yolo-shoves with bullets. If thats the case and you call, you probably make it to the poker news :)

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands