Votes: 30 40.5%

• Total voters
IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. Such bad play on villains part means his\her chips are there for the taking. A few more hands should tell you how to get them at a better price.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you actually folded the KK... would even tell anyone about it after?

C

cogath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the guy is going all in you have to assume he has something. Pocket Jacks would beat your Kings nearly 20% of the time. A,10o wins 30% of the time. I'd like to make my 10,000 last a little bit longer than one hand!

K

Knix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would try to read his hand from his face etc. since it's a live tournament. It's a really amateur move to do in a 1st hand so if he has a AA he won't be able to hide it because he is amateur. And if he looks like a really rich person that won't be a trouble losing 10,000 I would call.

C

cogath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would try to read his hand from his face etc. since it's a live tournament. It's a really amateur move to do in a 1st hand so if he has a AA he won't be able to hide it because he is amateur. And if he looks like a really rich person that won't be a trouble losing 10,000 I would call.

But it's not a question of whether or not you have him beat pre-flop. It's whether you're willing to flip for everything on the first hand.

Steve2777

Steve2777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call honestly because KK is good hand but u never know and u can win with this.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have dropped without hesitation.At such an important tournament in the first circle to go in the all-in it is possible unless that the with a pair of aces and a pair of kings is not a guarantee of victory.You can get a cooler with aces from rival.

yura shpiler

yura shpiler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i m call , but the other player has an ace and 80% is a big risk!

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, fold, I would have only one chance to play at the main event and I am going to enjoy I a little.

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At any poker tournament, you are going to have to make the decision to call all-in. You want to do it in the place where you are likely ahead. I think this is one of those times.
I wouldn't have paid the entrance fee, but would have won it by playing a lower value satellite. My biggest challenge would be getting blinded out by better players at the wsop, so a chance to double up, I would take. If I lost, either to AA or a suckout, then I would be upset, but would still believe I made the right decision.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know what should i do, its a tough decision, but i think thats high unlikely that anyone will play allin in the first hand at WSOP main event

T

trixie

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold....you play a lot of poker in Main Event. imo, you would be best to get a good read on the person sitting next to you before you get sucked out on or totally dominated on the first hand.

TheCol

TheCol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 10k on the line. I think its an easy fold. You dont have the best starting hand so why even risk your stack in that situation. Now if you had rebuy money then thats a whole different story. I would call then.

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do one of those Phil Hellmuth push all my chips in the middle as fast as a can call.

badboyboat

badboyboat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im in that position im calling 100% of the time, no doubt.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 10k, I'm folding. I'm not even sure I'm calling with AA. If he has 76s your only a 75% favorite. AQs and your not even 70%.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol best hand 2 have against AA?????

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But it's not a question of whether or not you have him beat pre-flop. It's whether you're willing to flip for everything on the first hand.
What hand is KK flipping against lol? It's 65% favorite atleast against any hand except AA lol

MCMPLUMBER

MCMPLUMBER

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like there is no right answer here

caballojoe

caballojoe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read all these responses and they are very interesting, especially the fact that it seems to be pretty evenly split. I've tried to imagine myself in these circumstances, and I still don't know what I would do. I think I would first ask if the player was crazy. But with everyone else out of the hand, I might show him my cards first and look for a gesture, and then decide.

It's not as if I never fold KK, but I don't ever remember folding them pre-flop.

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Iwould risk it all for kings, I know its a monter hand but what happends if the player on the big blind have aces?Lol.
I'd raise of course but not go all in. It's not neccesary and no matter what you have you may lose too.

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands