Votes: 30 40.5%

• Total voters
iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Iwould risk it all for kings, I know its a monter hand but what happends if the player on the big blind have aces?Lol.
I'd raise of course but not go all in. It's not neccesary and no matter what you have you may lose too.

i dont think you understand the scenario its someone else that has shoves on your bb

S

spartacus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. This isn't some hyper mtt online; there's plenty of time to increase your stack.

Also, it's the first hand, so you probably don't know anything about your opponent. I would assume that people playing in a $10k buy-in tournament have an understanding of good starting hands. They could easily have AA in this situation.

Last edited:
PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 10k, I'm folding. I'm not even sure I'm calling with AA. If he has 76s your only a 75% favorite. AQs and your not even 70%.

How don't you call with AA there? It would be a dream of me to have AA first hand in the main event and someone open shoving. If you get beat thats okay. I would double check my hand make sure i got AA and then do a dance and call.

crazyangel88

crazyangel88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depent of hand but if is a good or decent hand all in or reise you neeed to play agresive when you play head up if play whit fear you dont have any chance

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 10k, I'm folding. I'm not even sure I'm calling with AA. If he has 76s your only a 75% favorite. AQs and your not even 70%.

this makes very little sense you have the best starting hand in the game you are betting every hand by at least 70% it would be unbelivebly stupid to fold aa

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this makes very little sense you have the best starting hand in the game you are betting every hand by at least 70% it would be unbelivebly stupid to fold aa

Only 60%.. 80/20 :biggrin:

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow this is still getting replies. I'd fold if someone is shoving 30,000 chips when the BB is only 30.

Reminds me of that poker player named Sam that folded KK preflop during the main event. "Nobody shoves for their tournament life that early without having AA. This is a $10,000 tournament."

Now if we had AA in the BB? I'd be fist pumping and snap calling. Then kicking the table over if I get a bad beat knockout on the first hand! :D

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think you understand the scenario its someone else that has shoves on your bb

Lol you're right, I misunderstood the situation, then I'll propably call, even if the other player has AA it's a monster hand to fold pre flop. Sorry!

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like it is still nearly a split decision but 60% would have gone all in

G

gerg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I'd call, I don't see why someone with Aces would go all in, I'd assume it would only be a maniac or somebody trying to pick up the blinds (Which is not a lot). It is standard to call, and could be a bad beat or an easy double.

limpnfold88

limpnfold88

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you ever fold in this spot, you shouldn't be playing in a 10k. It's not even a question. Call 100%

C

cis77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best chance to double up, Kings can not be waisted. It is eventually a (small) gamble. And you want to know how crazy the otherone is :)

S

spazdm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitly fold! what is wrong with you lol? Unless i had AA on 1st hand i would def fold its a $10,000 hand, i mean unless thats pocket change to some of you but its like a million bucks to me.

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best chance to double up, Kings can not be waisted. It is eventually a (small) gamble. And you want to know how crazy the otherone is :)

are you serious "small gamble" its $10000 unless you are a millionaire or really rich 10k is A LOT of money to lose

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you serious "small gamble" its $10000 unless you are a millionaire or really rich 10k is A LOT of money to lose

That's what Sam Barnhart said during one of the main event shows. "This is a big tournament" (Not one of your freeroll donkaments where people are shoving A7o level 1 of the tournament)

He folded KK and the guy showed AA. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoeKfQE3DM (Fast forward to :15)

C

CheddarBob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would have to call, i would find it hard to believe someone would waste AA there or even do it at all but aces? i doubt it id call

bradfordzilla

bradfordzilla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove, I have done more with less.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call, KK is one of best pocket hands, there is risk of aces but... no risk no money!!

S

sardyn1987

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course % its a easy call but... You can find some farmers and really weak players, this is a reason when you should fold. Long structure gives you a lot of time to find really better spots. Why you must risk and sometimes lost buyin, when you can play your best game and slowly won oponents cheaps.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After some thought, I too would call, two of the king a very strong hand, you want to win the tournament, go to the risk

D

Deuxexmachina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing this year and I have to call. I don't fold KK pre....ever. Friend of mine was playing wsop ME 5 yrears ago. 3rd hand he picked up AKs preflop, raised, got two callers. Flop was TJQ with two of his suit. Bets out and gets reraised back to him and he reraises...shove, shove....do you call here with nut str8 and draw to flush and str8 flush? He called, villains flipped AKo and TT. TT fills up to scoop the pot. Very low chance that villain fills up here, but you can't fold such a massive +ev spot here!

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call, as I would call in a normal MTT too. If you can not play your normal game the buyin is too high for you.

:)

Gothams Son

Gothams Son

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Errr, beause its likely you are ahead and can double up.

If Im playing in the WSOP its because I am at the point where I am happy to pay $10k without being too bothered by the price.

Call all day long.

I disagree that they can only have AA and KK, Yes to most of us here the buy in is expensive. But to many other people it is pocket change. And I can assure you there are a lot of rich morons in this word.

I agree with every last bit of this. I know a few of these morons personally and I wouldn't mind being one myself. If my BR ever allows me to play the WSOP main event being the first person to be KOd might cause me to hesitate a bit but in the end I think I would still make this call.

G

gametime2011

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a definite fold with KK. The value just isn't there as I can't imagine anyone doing it without having AA unless they look like they have a plane to catch. Only would call AA in this spot this early with so many chips and the blinds so low.

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands