Votes: 30 40.5%

• Total voters
B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy call for me, but it is unlikely that anyone will play in the first hand all-in

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the guy was a drunk psycotic billionare gambeler who looks like he puts 25k on a black jack hand id call... you normal wsop player re never do this, if he really did and he wasnt a billionare he is stupid and he has AAs but cant play right so I would fold.

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was actualy thinking about this senerio for a bit and remebered back to a torny i played in way back and it was in the first couple of hands of probably a $100 dollar mtt buy in, there was a bet and a small raise, then this guy shoves all in.. obviously everyone folds and he flips his cards showing some worthless hand like 83o he starts laughing and takes his money, after this he proceeds to play good poker and he cashed in on the fact everyone thought he was a maniac, actualy a smart play, we both cashed in the torney and he actualy beat me out, I think he got 3nd and I 5th or something like this, both final table anyway. cool way to start if your crazy. also there were rebuys in the torny and I got the feeling this guy had money to blow.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call with only AA and KK.So to answer this poll,its a call for me.But i really doubt anyone would shove that early in a tournament that big.

I

IronMount

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold 100% of the time. Why risk your tournament life that early? KK doesnt mean youll take. Down any or every pot

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you bust out with a much worse hand will you bang your head on the table for folding KK the first hand... If you're afraid to make money, you will never make money! Poker is a game of risk and if you're afraid to risk the 2nd best hand you can have pre well than you should prolly not of bought into the WSOP in the first place lol

X

xpatrick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
call no problem, I love flipping. lol

T

thefwa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It actually depends, how much is 10k to me? If it was at the top of my buy in level, easy fold. If it was around a regular buy in or a lower buy in for me I would snap call. For MTT's around your essential BI level in comparison to BR you can afford to make plays. There are 6.5k+ people who enter, and you can get cooler'd 2 hands away from the money. I would take that risk no question, unless it was a huge BI for me or I won some sort of crazy satellite.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
call no problem, I love flipping. lol

What hand(s) is KK flipping vs.?

As mentioned previously in this thread, when would you ever come across this situation in the WSOP MainEvent. Level1 we have what? ... 200bb's in starting stack? Who open-shoves to pick up the blinds in level1 with a full stack?
I wonder how many times this has actually happened in the MainEvent?

J

jojowins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

I would definitely have to fold,,,you didn't mention if I was rich or not? if 10k was pocket change to me and I had a great hand, I would call, but if I am not rich and it took a lot of whining, begging, borrowing and stealing to get there,,noooooo,,,fold.

B

bigunclefrank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me that's a no brainer...I would fold immediately.

B

bigunclefrank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When does the WSOP start this year?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What hand(s) is KK flipping vs.?

As mentioned previously in this thread, when would you ever come across this situation in the WSOP MainEvent. Level1 we have what? ... 200bb's in starting stack? Who open-shoves to pick up the blinds in level1 with a full stack?

I wonder how many times this has actually happened in the MainEvent?

30k is starting stack and first level is 25/50 I think? So 600bb deep

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have thrown in beginning is not worth the risk for the entire stack

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call. No one would play aces so terribly while this deep in such an event. It would suck to bust in the first hand though!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Call. No one would play aces so terribly while this deep in such an event.

But maybe there's some metagame stuff:confused:

'What if'... he's thinking, that he's thinking, that he's thinking he's thinking that he'd never do this with Aces? Huh?? Then what?

:party:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would have to let it go. You have to consider the hands that someone would make that kind of play with so early in such a big tournament. They would have to have A-A, in which case I would need a miracle. They may have A-K. In that case, I'm ahead, but maniacs seem to get lucky on me way too often. I'm not giving them that chance with so much poker left to play.

Even if I'm skeptical, I have to consider that the possibility of being wrong. If I am, I'm out. If I'm right, they could have rags and hit two shitty pair on me, and I'm out. Even if I'm right and I win, with almost a week's worth of poker before the money bubble bursts, you have to think that while it would get you off to a good start, the Main Event is not a sprint, it's a marathon. And by the time you reach the bubble, that early double up will only be a small drop in the bucket. It's not going to win you the main event, but chasing it could cost you your tournament.

Steve2777

Steve2777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold aswell because its too dangerous in start. U can have good hand but in the end u can lose all.

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. Such bad play on villains part means his\her chips are there for the taking. A few more hands should tell you how to get them at a better price.

ucntcme

ucntcme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I do believe this could happen. Granted, the guy shoving may not be the best or smartest player out there, Id find it extremely difficult to fold, but that early, it would have to be a fold. You lose 1BB. Live to see another hand

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is tough one, I would wanna call, by at start of tourney like what is point? Him open shoving to steal blinds is a little weird. Idk, I guess if it wasn't like a once in a lifetime thing playing ME, id possibly just snap call and lose and walk it off. If I had money and could really care less, snap call and go hit the tables afterwards.

WSOP Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands