Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends ... it depends on my situation in the stack, my position and how the plays are made at the table ... but in any case, only doubling would be little

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold KK, when I hit KK, I go all in, easy peasy lemon squeezy, I don't like limit poker.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I folded it already in a bubble situation facing a shove from a tight player.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost never you should do that. In very rare cases if you have some sick read on some nit that overbet shove al in on your 3 bet, then maybe, but in general thats a bad play.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. at the very least he would see the flop. if it occurs all in the bubble it would evaluate the whole situation. but I probably wouldn't fold an all in.
I don't think seeing the flop will change the situation. If anything, it could just make things worse. So with KK going heads up it must be a decision made preflop for the whole hand, unless you smell trouble on the board.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutlutley NOT!

No way, nope, I'd never, don't get me started, I would not.

Thank you for listening!!

:deal:

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would do it in a satellite for a ticket when iam on the bubble and i can expect to reach the ticket... ;)

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play many satellites and Omaha mtts, so it is not difficult.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would in a cash game where you see some cat on heater! Yes, I would (reluctantly)

J

jonnybegoode

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded pocket Kings preflop before. But this is extremely rare. Only recall doing this once. I was playing 50./1, I had $150 on the table, someone had me slightly covered. I raised to $3 UTG and MP shoved for $150 total. I had almost nothing committed, and did not know much about my opponent. This may have been a bad fold, and I never fold Kings preflop, but I guess I had a bad feeling here. What do you guys think?

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even in online poker sometimes i just know that my opponent has pocket aced so if it will make me broke in multiway pot when 4 or more are in i will fold my kings.

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, before the bubble or at the final table, if a player goes all-in and I have less stack than him, I can fold kings

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. If for some reason I want to stay in the game and somebody does an AI....I may think about it.

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket KK look so great. It's hard for me to throw them out on the preflop. Let them play. For good luck.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
one of the best possible hands all go to the table without thinking about it

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games, have folded KK a couple of times, but as so often with these types of scenario-based questions/decisions, it was because of the specific situations at the time...

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only possibility for me to fold a KK pair before the flop is in the final table bubble, it is a very strong hand I prefer to take that risk as most of the times I will be winning and I will have a long-term return with a lot of volume since most of the Sometimes I'll be ahead.
:D

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically no .. hard to justify throwing away kings

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not unless the bubble was up for grabs and the lowest payout was huge lol apart from that in there

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It would have to be a very specific situation to fold kings pre flop. Eary in the tourney with many people all in i think i would fold.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the entire game, I have never folded pocket kings. My raise is re-raised and I usually lose a pair of aces. The idea was to fold, only the excitement provokes to see the flop or to go all-in.

Folding in Poker