Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, pocket kings against pocket aces are two valuable hands wins whoever's lucky

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't give up, I would definitely go to any type of tournament.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If not on the bubble, then I see no reason at all to fold a pair of Kings, it looks very strange. Of course, if the goal is to reach the minimum prizes, then you can fold a pair of Aces, but this contradicts the probabilities in poker.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never. at the very least he would see the flop. if it occurs all in the bubble it would evaluate the whole situation. but I probably wouldn't fold an all in.

O

olonare1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardshchat is joke!!!

Cardschat is a joke!!! Took away the one and only tourney for Canadians worth playing on 888. Pound sand cardschat. Last and final post!!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a cash game I wouldn't fold KK most of the times, at a tournament depends from the stage. If the tournament was at later stages I would go for it, considering the study of the game.

for me it is the other way around . i would rather fold KK in a deep cash game rather than in a tournament

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the bubble for one person to the money, if I have less than 7 big blinds, easy fold

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never been like this, even when your intuition tells you otherwise, your brain doesn't give up, which often leads to decent losses, but this is poker, today you get into aces, tomorrow you catch someone on aces.:)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't trust this kind of hand but i probably never fold thid hand preflop.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost folded them in a live cash game once.. And the other guy DID have AA. About a $250 mistake...

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this conversation of never giving up that I lost in the second leg of the 300 yesterday, the guy went all-in with 99, I called with aa and he busted and I was eliminated, the next time that happens I will call again.:D:D:D:D

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the bubble for one person to the money, if I have less than 7 big blinds, easy fold

but i said in the OP that i dont mean bubble situation

would you fold KK in any other situation ?

L

Living__M

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Normal conditions of folding KK in a tournament even when bubble is not imaginable for me.

But when I am very likely to get a ticket in a sattelite I should be able to fold but it has not occured yet.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game I would never fold kk preflop unless I am playing with an ultra nit that I know can only have AA. In tournaments, if there are lots of people all in in a hand, I might fold so that I get better ICM

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pocket Kings

Can't think of a good reason to ever fold pocket Kings pre flop. If anything I would for sure raise some to keep the chasers out of the hand that might have to low cards suited,

Gl All ! :D

K

Kingsti95

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably, in a small range of situations, but no in general!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If not a bubble time situation like you said, pocket Kings is a very hard hand to fold. No matter what, I'd see a flop, no way I'm folding it whether in a tourney or a cash game.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
probably in bubble time if i'm out of position

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there's some ridiculous 7-bet situation or in a satty.

Those are pretty much the only times.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold em, rarely fold preflop, omaha, maybe fold pre-flop

Pocket KK hold em, fold pre-flop, would have to be an outlier situation, on the bubble, big all-in from right player, etc
Omaha, though is a different story. Omaha is a drawing game, and a pair is not as draw friendly as a lot of other combinations.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. If it means remaining in the tournament, such as a villain goes all-in, I may fold kings

J

JDolla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost certainly not. It’s the 2nd best preflop holding in poker and has a legitimate mathematical advantage over every hand except AA‘s. Therefore, the likelihood you have an edge against your opponents all in range is too high

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?

Good day!
I think yes, I could fold in some wild action, for example, 3bet, 4bet, 5bet push from opponents before my move. I think I can hardly ride in this situation better than 50%.

Folding in Poker