Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there are any situations where it will be necessary to throw out the KK monster's hand.It's a very difficult decision to drop such a hand.I wouldn't reset it.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i won the cardschat freeroll tournament on pokerstars yesterday . and lost all the money today in cash games . one hand was me holding KK ....guy had AA . that tilted me and then i lost the rest

no joke i almost folded . it is also odd that often when you have KK someone has either AA or QQ lol

M

Mahereid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't fold KK unless I have to go all-in. Not worth the risk in tournament.

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding KK preflop? I think in this situation:

+ we're on the bubble
+ I need the money
+ the players behind (or all in before) me could take all my chips in this one hand
+ Folding means in the money because more players are all in.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if I was near the money and low on chips.

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?

For me it totally has to depend on the situation, cash or tourney and who you are playing against... but usually i aint passing

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
Actaully i dont fold it, but it depends on the sitation, u need to keep in mind that the enemy player can get a better cards always so i suggest you to see the flop first before going into all-in or something, play it smartely

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

What are you talking about? I have KK in my symbol and in my name, so impossible to fold. It hurts many times, but I hope, "in the long run" I will have a positive statistics on my favorite hand. So far it looks good. This year: 64 hands / 100%VPIP / 2390 BB won :)

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the playstyle of the players at the table, the stack size you have, or if are in a tournament/normal play. KK is very strong but if you are betting your whole stack instantly for no reason with KK then I would suggest having at least some sort of reason behind it. But fuk it KK all in baby

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done it against aces. Sometimes someone cant control their emotions and you can tell they have aces.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the number of blinds I have left. Typically you can fold any 2 cards with more than 70 blinds because you have more than enough time to play around with those chips.
When you have less than 30BB or 20BB it's a terrible idea to fold KK.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No way, I with special KK give up regardless of chips I have.
There is a situation of withdrawal, I'll be honest, and this only happens near the bubble and if the guy has more chips than me.
Now on the Flop and after the Flop there is another matter.

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way. There is 1% possibility for someone else to have AA , that can not make me fold. In addition, someone might have irrelevant cards and got lucky in the flop ,but I will not fold either, it is against my philosophy

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am unable to think of a scenario where I'm folding KK before the flop. Unless you know for a fact that your opponent has AA, it's correct to call in all cases.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is merit to getting rid of any hand but it's all situational, so I would say, yes.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know someone personally who folded kings pre flop on the bubble of the wsop 10k Main Event. One more person until the money. After he folded, he showed his KK and the other person kindly turned over AA.

Personally, completely unrelated to this story, there's a chance I would fold KK pre flop given a certain circumstance. There would have to be something like 6 all ins online though, and it's more likely to happen live.

I also understand that this thread, and forum in general is related to cash games. Very unlikely that I would fold KK pre flop in a cash game. There's still play after the flop, and sometimes I'll hit the K versus the AA. Considering how rare the situation is, perhaps you get lucky and hit something more often than you should in that already unlikely situation.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pocket kk

No I could never fold preflop. I win more often with kk than lose. But it hurts when someone thats all in does this with 2 3 off suit and beats my kk.:(

G

grari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded KK yesterday. 200nl online, so tough game where I would very rarely folded KK pre. But UTG raised, UTG+1 3-bet, I 4-bet from MP with KK, and cutoff puts in a small 5-bet. folded around to me - and I folded. Rare situation. In weaker games when players only show aggression preflop when they have super monsters, I have folded KK a couple of other times with even smaller preflop action.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

if I play a tournament that is dear to me, I can also fold AA preflop, because I know that there is a decent chance of losing

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No. A pair of kings rarely comes. So why discount it? Yesterday with KK I got aces - I got another king on the flop. It's a strong hand on the preflop.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold. A pair of Kk is a second best hand so it's not worth folding.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I exclude bubble situation, I would never fold pocket kings.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ace Magnets! usually live up to their nickname, and if you play them and see an Ace on the flop, Beware!
I believe every hand can win and every hand can lose, that's what makes Poker so much fun! You just never know, which 2 cards are going to be best by the River. I have had pocket Aces smash the flop and make trips only to be beaten by the Turn and River giving my opponent a better hand.
I once saw Olivier Busquet go all in with Ace/Jack in a tournament and was up against pocket Kings, The flop dropped 8,8,King giving his opponent a Boat and he caught Ace/Ace on the turn and river to double up.
Life's a B***h! So is Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Folding in Poker