Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've never folded kk preflop. Maybe if you're 150bb+ against a regular nit who YOU KNOW NEVER has QQ when four betting, you can fold.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never happened yet but probably yes. Depends of how many players are already all in, depends of sizes of my stack and the other players stack. Depends in which phase of the tournament we are... A lot of variables but I can fold KK preflop

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can think about folding multiway pots and the tight player goes all-in.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think on bubble time or if the opponent have bigger stack than i do and he is not the maniac type of player. Also depends the stage of the tournament ....But its hard decision

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play them as a poket of aces.. we're loosing to a veery small amount of hands pre flop.. and still very few after the flop.. no reason to fold it even in a Bubble situation

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
No most of the times Im all in. Never hesitate to win more chips

NightFun

NightFun

CC Elite CC=AWESOME! Woof
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Most times I would not fold KK preflop. Sayin that, it is crazy how many times villian has AA. ( of course when I have AA against KK, they manage to land a set).
My decision also depends on my position, villians playing style and how lucky I feel. LOL. GL with them cowboys!

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
u have to go with your gut feeling i folded kk when 2 people went all in and my gut was right buddy had aa

D

dorkeydonkey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
In a tournament you might due to ICM , is that correct ? But cash games you would be all in if need be , what are percentages AA VS KK

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?
I think this is a very strong hand and should not be folded.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a cash game, folding kings preflop is not the best idea.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's a monster hand, I don't give up on it!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way I fold is if I have been playing at the table for a long time with another player I respect a lot. This player is really tight and then they shove all in after I raise the pot. BUT generally NO I do not fold KK pre flop.

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
In most situations, I would be stupid to throw away a couple of KKs, since this is the second best hand in poker. I usually raise the pot with these cards, and if the flop is 3 cards clean (no A) I push all my chips in., but there are times 5 players in front of me push all-in quite quickly (reaction) and if my chips are low, it happens at the beginning of the game. the tournament. then I throw away my KK cards without hesitation..because there is a good chance that someone will get two pair and the rest...The 2 card troll. in this case, he laughs at the fact that he brought the party with the A couple.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well, in a 'bubble' or 'tournament start' situation it would be something that can be done but as you put it it is quite difficult to fold with such a hand. I would definitely not fold and if I lost I would think: "I lost like a good hand and there was no way to discard it". So I would say along with some swearing :mad: and tears!! :cry:

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On the final table and when I have a lot of chips I think yes, but if there are no shorties and I have 10bb then no I would play to the end

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always problem with KK. When i play this hand and opponent has an ace on hand, there is almost always an ace on the show. I don't know why that's happen to me, but it's almost always like that, that's why i don't like this hand and play thhis hand very carefully.

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a bit tricky to make a straight answer, in particular I try to play 35% of my chips pre-flop. With KK., but to be more honest, almost always when I have KK, I always get played with Ace, and the Ace ends up on the board. and that's where everything ends, the KK is the same as playing with JJ. but the chance of winning with kk is higher than JJ. I don't like that pair at all.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In a tournament at a late stage.. And of course in Omaha.:):):)

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can fold after an ace in the flop, not before.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to fold KK's pre-flop but sometimes you have to fold them.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I wouldn't, I think, it's the second best pair of cards you can play, how do you throw them?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Almost never. In fact I can only remember one time.

LJ limped
HJ Iso raised to a much larger size than normal to 6bb whereas he would normally go 4.5. This made me slightly suspicious so I just flatter my KK in CO.
It comes back round to the LJ who limp reraises, then HJ jams all-in 100 or so BB. At this point I'm convinced one of them definitely has AA so I fold my KK. Sure enough LJ calls off (with his 50bb or so stack) with QQ and HJ had AA.

I bet the HJ was well pleased with himself, not realising his sizing tell cost him my stack. No Kings on the run out so I was very glad to have found the fold.

Every other time I'm raising or calling pre, even when the 5 bet goes in and you think its probably AA you will be against QQ AK enough of the time to call

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's unlucky pocket for me. Almost always when i go allin preflop there's an ace hidden in the flop or later and an opponent got it of course.

Folding in Poker