Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

Would you ever fold KK preflop?
It's not a bug, the focus of the question is not on tournaments, so I'm not a reason to give up the second best possible pre-flop combination. It's very rare to have and unlikely to lose. I believe that I wouldn't give up most of the time, 99% or more in, when, for example, we have several all-ins in hand, if there were several all-ins before me, it might be that I would fold, but other than that, never.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to get it all in preflop with KK everytime. Yes you will run into AA sometimes, especially when you're running bad, but no regrets. I ain't slow playing preflop either. I don't want AT AJ AQ type of hands calling my raise and flopping an A.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just fold it when I’m in a Satellite game and like there are 10 places I’m 4th and 12 ppl left and I would get stacked

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I go all-in on the preflop, later the ace is hidden, which, of course, went to the opponent. I don't like KK cards very often they are fake.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Once I was playing freeroll where there were places for a good tournament and all you have to do is knock out 1 person and you get a ticket to a good tournament and here the hand is also in Mani AA and I dropped because it is not known what would give the flop...

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if someone in front of me went straight all-in with a big cash bet, I would probably fold two kings.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fighting without a prospect in the expectation of luck is a mistake. In fact, a fold in poker is often the right decision. The ability to assess the situation and at the right time to get out of the distribution preserves the prospects of the participant and the chances of profit at the distance.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This video give a very good explanation of the topic in my opinion. For the record its me, who send in the hand :)

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no, but there's almost always a pair of aces waiting for me.:cautious::cautious::cautious:

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I already knew I dropped AA on preflop, but it was a satellite and I only needed to knock out 1 player and get a ticket to the tournament, I dropped and got the ticket. Do not take risks,before my turn another player did OLL IN

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Common practice in CardsChat freerolls. Two kings on the bubble. You go all in. The opponent has an ace in his hand and he calls. The ace usually appears on the river. Tested many times in different poker rooms. Conclusion - if you want to play in freerolls, you must be ready for the most incredible events and have fun.

Makarius

Makarius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
If it's a sattelite and you have a small stack and only one person left before the prizes, you can throw out the kings, but they played mtt and cash with a great value

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think so. In MTT I would probably do... but never in Cash Games.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As always it depens, if my read is that the opponent is very thight and above 17 BB I could fold
if it is a multiway pot I could fold

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
WITH POCKET KINGS I ALWAYS GO TO THE END ON-LINE

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes,

Deep stacked with all the action from early positions then you can be pretty confident AA is out there.

So, I would want to see a flop as my chances of winning with 3 players shoving from early position is now only 18% with my KK

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
oh to be honest, I threw a couple of kings a couple of times when I thought it was worth playing like this, but right now I've revised this promotion at the moment I'm not throwing it away

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes of course I have done it but in a hand that went all in a player who had to play for a long time and I put him on AA…

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never had effective stacks deep enough to ever consider it. My stacks always getting in.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Never folded.

Except when I could be in sit-out and not know about them 😀

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?
I would fold KK preflop easily if I have info that villain is a crazy NIT and shoving more times with AA.
I don’t enjoy going all-in with KK preflop, many times our villain would show A2 and beat us a fair amount of times.
Given the times we are going to lose for AA and Ax, I see no reason why we shouldn’t fold KK preflop when the price is too high.
We are not playing hands, we are playing our opponents.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Throwing a beautiful pocket preflop is not terrible, if there is a reason for this.
The situation concerns 4bet and 5bet sweat. And above.
It almost always occurs when one of the opponents is in an early position. And the opponent is a very strong NIT.
For this action, notes or acceptable statistics are needed.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
No !!! Never fold a good hand . Poker is gambling , so you always have a 50% chance to win pot :D

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If we are talking about Cash games I wouldn't fold KK pre-flop. The only way I would fold KK would be in a +4 players all-in, cause then even suited conectors (67s) have a chance to beat pocket kings.

Folding in Poker