*****Vinyl's GonnaCrushDAmicros 6max thread******

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you mean? at 10NL? didnt catch ya.

The QJ is a good fold yea?

Meant cash not donkaments lol. And yeah that line against river pot always a boat good fold IMO.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck Vinny

thnks bud.

Meant cash not donkaments lol. And yeah that line against river pot always a boat good fold IMO.

Ah yea 6max cash is the ultimate poker experience. And yea, thnks for opinion on river fold. Unless he has AT (and is trully bad). But im never calling there. esp at 10NL. But his play is pretty good.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I need to explain a bit more.

MP raises, CO 3bets, you flat.

We don't know CO's 3bet range and MP-CO dynamic.

Probably MP thinks CO can have AA, KK (he blocks both with his AK) and AQs that beats him, and QQ/JJ and nut flush draws. Dunno why he donks, I dislike it in general.

CO likely autoraises since he thinks MP is full of shit.

You coldcalled the 3bet so if they think you are fishy (and you keep calling post flop, likely with some kind of draw) they are also fighting for your stack :D

Due to stack sizes, gradually everybody get pot committed and you stack them. CO knows he is dead when you finally shove but by then he kind of has no choice anymore.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
played a hand versus aggro fish. Love how this played out.

pokerstars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($2.50)
Hero (SB) ($9.99)
BB ($8.27)
UTG ($9.23)
MP ($4.85)
CO ($2.89)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J
club.gif
, 10
club.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.44, 1 fold, CO calls $0.29

Flop: ($0.93) 10
heart.gif
, 9
club.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.83) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.85, Hero raises to $4.30, CO calls $1.15 (All-In)

River: ($5.83) 7
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5.83 | Rake: $0.24

Results below:
Hero had J
club.gif
, 10
club.gif
(two pair, tens and sevens).
CO had A
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Hero won $5.59

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing some 10nl zoom yesterday vinyl, saw you there. Are you mixing 5nl and 10nl?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vinyl, vinyl you said you would do it right after I suggested it lol, it's not permanent or anything

I am an action junkie. I need action.:p

I was playing some 10nl zoom yesterday vinyl, saw you there. Are you mixing 5nl and 10nl?

Yea im mixing in some 10NL zoom along with 5NL but 5NL is the main grind. Hope i dont bump into you. Especially after that nightmare heads up we played in the home games. Still hurts.:p:p:p:p

He doesn't have the discipline to force himself to be disciplined. :p

This is so true. How can i find the discipline to be disciplined.? I need to join a programme or smthng.:smokin:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Truth :D

SHHHHHHHH.......

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thread update: started this thread a few days ago and only managed to put in like 11 k hands which is less than what i was expecting. Result are also worse than what i was expecting but,it is what it is.

Here are some hands in which i got stacked. and afterwards you can see my graph and stats for the challenge this month so far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

villains stats: 23/21/4 over 44 hands

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($3.69)
SB ($7.98)
Hero (BB) ($5.96)
UTG ($4.92)
MP ($15.59)
CO ($6.71)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif

4 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) J
club.gif
, 10
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.70) 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.60) 2
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $1.13, Hero raises to $2.26, SB raises to $7.18 (All-In), Hero calls $2.90 (All-In)

Total pot: $11.92 | Rake: $0.49

Results below:
SB had 7
heart.gif
, A
heart.gif
(flush, Ace high).
Hero had J
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif
(flush, King high).
Outcome: SB won $11.43

This hand here is proof that i suck big time. KINDA.

Villains stats: 27/22/9 10% 3bet , over 62 hands. <<<<<The 10% 3bet led me to believe hes 3betting bull$hit, so when i see this flop, i flat and have deicded to shove turn regardless of what hits. Guess the joke was on me huh?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Button ($20.73)
SB ($4.07)
BB ($14.04)
Hero (UTG) ($5.92)
MP ($8.23)
CO ($5)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A
club.gif
, J
heart.gif

Hero raises to $0.17, 2 folds, Button raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.23

Flop: ($0.87) J
club.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.07) K
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.20, Hero raises to $4.92 (All-In), Button calls $3.72

River: ($11.91) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $11.91 | Rake: $0.49

Results below:
Button had K
heart.gif
, A
spade.gif
(two pair, Aces and Kings).
Hero had A
club.gif
, J
heart.gif
(two pair, Aces and Jacks).
Outcome: Button won $11.42

Here, i dont even know what to think. Villain is total unknown and all i can say is that i am the worst player on this forum by far.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.07)
Hero (SB) ($5.63)
BB ($5.91)
UTG ($5.07)
MP ($4.26)
CO ($6.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10
heart.gif
, A
club.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, CO raises to $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.23, 1 fold, MP calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.80) 3
heart.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.84, 1 fold, CO calls $1.34

Turn: ($4.48) 5
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.54 (All-In), CO calls $3.54

River: ($11.56) 6
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $11.56 | Rake: $0.48

Results below:
Hero had 10
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(high card, Ace).
CO had 9
heart.gif
, 9
club.gif
(one pair, nines).
Outcome: CO won $11.08

And last but not least, i guess this is a cooler. Why flat k4? good question. Probably because it was suited.LOL

Villain is unknown but looks like passive fish with a tight opening range running 30/10/1.3

Button ($5.76)
SB ($18.44)
Hero (BB) ($5.35)
UTG ($5.35)
MP ($5)
CO ($6.28)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K
spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif

3 folds, Button raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 4
diamond.gif
, 7
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.22, Button raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.23

Turn: ($1.22) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.15, Hero raises to $4.75 (All-In), Button calls $3.60

River: ($10.72) 9
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10.72 | Rake: $0.44

Results below:
Button had K
diamond.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(two pair, Kings and sevens).
Hero had K
spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif
(two pair, Kings and fours).
Outcome: Button won $10.28

these are just a few hands that have led to this: :(:(:(:(:p:p:p

ScreenHunter 88 Dec 19 1606

ScreenHunter 89 Dec 19 1607

Now,
I like the way my stats are looking especially at this limit. Im trying to play as tight and as solid as i can.(except for the AT hand i posted above but that was once in a blue moon spew).

The went to showdown and won is just sickbad. And im gonna try not to call down so light or overplay my hands against villains that are unwilling /unable to fold and will keep on grinding.

The-18$ is no big deal. what pisses me off is the time and effort we put into playing cash and when we dont have anything to show for it,it can obviously sometimes get devastating but whatever. Im gonna keep grinding till i beat the damn limit. JEEEEZUS........

If anyone wants to give me any tips or help or advice or call me a donk,feel free.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL@thread title. i should change it to:

**** Vinyls gonnagetCRUSHEDindamicrosNODOUBT 6max thread****

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll get there Vinyl. Set those bloody limits and concentrate on beating 5nl (that's the last time I say it I promise ;))

Imo stop playing Zoom, play the reg tables and select like a mother to find the juicy tables (use easy seat).

Your pre flop stats are relatively tight but your SD winnings are negative, which makes me think you bluff way too much post flop. Your red and blue lines are completely the opposite to mine...

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing 5nl too atm and my lines are also opposite to yours. But I used to have the same problem you do with the WTSD and W$SD so my advice would be to let go of hands earlier when you're likely beat. It's okay to float the flop with a draw or overs if you have odds against the right type of villain but (yeah I know you've heard it before) DON'T BLUFF AT THE MICROS!

There are rare occasions (and villains) where with the right board a bluff will be successful but it's definitely rare at our limits. If that's not your problem then it means you're getting to the river and calling (or value-owning yourself) with second best hands. I did that too so I know what I'm talking about! :eek: Again pay attention to villain and if passive fish suddenly gets frisky with a raise on turn or river you have to seriously consider whether you have the best hand. Most often you will need to fold.

I also echo MM's other suggestion. Play normal tables. Things are much easier when you have position on fish and can monitor dynamics.

Hope that helps. :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You'll get there Vinyl. Set those bloody limits and concentrate on beating 5nl (that's the last time I say it I promise ;))

Imo stop playing Zoom, play the reg tables and select like a mother to find the juicy tables (use easy seat).

Your pre flop stats are relatively tight but your SD winnings are negative, which makes me think you bluff way too much post flop. Your red and blue lines are completely the opposite to mine...

You got that right MM. Keep saying it cause your right. Yea the red line is always too high in my graphs . I gotta work on that.

On a sidenote, just played some 5NL at the home games and did alright. was up 30$ at some point but only turned it off with +17$.

Not too bad, for a little BR booster. (cracks up)

ScreenHunter 90 Dec 19 1840

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing 5nl too atm and my lines are also opposite to yours. But I used to have the same problem you do with the WTSD and W$SD so my advice would be to let go of hands earlier when you're likely beat. It's okay to float the flop with a draw or overs if you have odds against the right type of villain but (yeah I know you've heard it before) DON'T BLUFF AT THE MICROS!

There are rare occasions (and villains) where with the right board a bluff will be successful but it's definitely rare at our limits. If that's not your problem then it means you're getting to the river and calling (or value-owning yourself) with second best hands. I did that too so I know what I'm talking about! :eek: Again pay attention to villain and if passive fish suddenly gets frisky with a raise on turn or river you have to seriously consider whether you have the best hand. Most often you will need to fold.

I also echo MM's other suggestion. Play normal tables. Things are much easier when you have position on fish and can monitor dynamics.

Hope that helps. :)

It sure does halp and i really appreciate your tips. thnaks alot. Yea will definitely look into folding second best hand ,especially when fish start getting frisky as you said.

So did you actually turn the went to showdown and won stat to be above 50% over a large sample size?

If so, what did you do? The things you mentioned above?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thought you were coming back lol

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not with you sitting there alone im not.... :toilet:

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sure does halp and i really appreciate your tips. thnaks alot. Yea will definitely look into folding second best hand ,especially when fish start getting frisky as you said.

So did you actually turn the went to showdown and won stat to be above 50% over a large sample size?

If so, what did you do? The things you mentioned above?

Yes, have turned things around. Sample size is around 50k hands. And I'm currently winning at 15bb/100 with the changes I've made. Of course it could just be rungood :D but I think my making use of the fold button much more has definitely made a difference.

My WTSD% is now 24% when it used to be around 29% and my W$SD has increased from 46% to 52%. Also, what's your fold to 3bet%? I used to call too many 3bets and I've also cut that right back. I used to call 40% and now I call 27%. I think these 3 things have made the most difference.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, have turned things around. Sample size is around 50k hands. And I'm currently winning at 15bb/100 with the changes I've made. Of course it could just be rungood :D but I think my making use of the fold button much more has definitely made a difference.

My WTSD% is now 24% when it used to be around 29% and my W$SD has increased from 46% to 52%. Also, what's your fold to 3bet%? I used to call too many 3bets and I've also cut that right back. I used to call 40% and now I call 27%. I think these 3 things have made the most difference.

Thanks alot Honey for this advice. I keep getting the same advice from everyone and i cant seem to digest it.

tonight i put in a session playing very very solid and always folding the worst hands and am up 23 dollars over 1500 hands meaning almost 5 buy ins.

Im actually beginning to feel im getting solid. (i can always switch gears of course if necessary)

I used to have a 30% fold to 3bet which was horrible . Am now trying to keep it in the 65-70 area which i think it is best.( according to what i hear from posts here and there)

So lets see how tomorrow goes and again, thanks for replying.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thoughts ? Villain total unknown.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($5)
Hero (SB) ($7.32)
BB ($10.36)
UTG ($5.34)
MP ($10.85)
CO ($22.37)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
heart.gif
, Q
spade.gif

3 folds, Button raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.10, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.36) A
spade.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
, 2
heart.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.36) Q
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.06, BB calls $0.76

River: ($2.48) 5
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.90, BB raises to $8.70, Hero?????????????????????? YUCK!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^^

In AQ hand im obviously getting it in on the turn versus this guy but when the river completes the straight (especially with us being 150BB deep), i can not easily find a call in this spot.

Worst part is he just flats from BB pre, so his range is super wide. + hes unknown ,so i dont know what hes capable of.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks alot Honey for this advice. I keep getting the same advice from everyone and i cant seem to digest it.

tonight i put in a session playing very very solid and always folding the worst hands and am up 23 dollars over 1500 hands meaning almost 5 buy ins.

Im actually beginning to feel im getting solid. (i can always switch gears of course if necessary)

I used to have a 30% fold to 3bet which was horrible . Am now trying to keep it in the 65-70 area which i think it is best.( according to what i hear from posts here and there)

So lets see how tomorrow goes and again, thanks for replying.

Nice. You're welcome. Keep up the good work! :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So anyways,

I changed my game drastically, playing as solid as possible and i believe running with these kinda stats are the way to go to beat 5NL.

Managed to put in 2 ka hands at work today and im pleased with the change in red line and blue linee and all that.

This is Solid 5NL playing in my opinion. I obviously took a few coolers but i believe once i put a little volume into it,playing exactly this tight, i will finally be able to win the limit.

Take a look at this nittiness:

ScreenHunter 93 Dec 20 1608

ScreenHunter 94 Dec 20 1608

I think 18/16 OR 19/17 is about right for this limits right?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that graph looks much nicer, although I would want to turn off that yellow line (its the EV line right), because that is a gross difference between it and the grrn LOL.
18/16 or 19/17 is pretty tight for 6max I would have thought, although obviously it worked out well in that session for sure so hopefully it gets you to crush it like you planned :D

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that graph looks much nicer, although I would want to turn off that yellow line (its the EV line right), because that is a gross difference between it and the grrn LOL.
18/16 or 19/17 is pretty tight for 6max I would have thought, although obviously it worked out well in that session for sure so hopefully it gets you to crush it like you planned :D

The thing with the orange line shows that im running bad right?