Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depends on stack sizes, but generally if you're first in the pot and not from early position.

Granted, I'm not a great player, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Varies a lot by the situation.

If I'm in the big blind and it went unopened until a small blind raise, I'll raise them much of the time. You'll likely get a fold. And if you don't you'll be in position and you'll have a viable hand to continuation bet most flops. If you get check raised on the flop just give it up.

The button against some looser players or those who will fold relatively often to cbets is also a good spot.

In most cases though I'd rather just see a cheap flop and set mine.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello
It is better not to raise the bet even if you are in the button site, the good thing is to call if the bet is not higher than 3 BB

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I personally never raise with these low pairs, even if no one has bet before opening the flop. For me these pairs are only good for trips on the flop, which doesn't happen that often, so I don't call bets over 2.5 bb pre flop

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
55 flops 5 then BB shoves all-in, you call and it has 6s set :D . Same happens with 88 and 99. It tends to happen on pokerstars. GGPoker not that often. Why i am not sure.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
lately I haven't bet all inn even with AA, as for your question, wait for the bets and set a value, I sometimes follow my intuition

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes noticed one interesting thing at the table. Players with low pocket pairs often watch the flop despite the size of the raises on the preflop. They are trying to catch a set in a multipot. Therefore, funny situations occur when set vs set.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Generally, on the button, but it depends on who's at the table.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your position and style of opponents.

Just don't play them the same way against good players.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to call sometimes, but usually wont raise..

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Mostly I don't play aggressive in this situation. If I have chance then I call and play to see what happens. by big bets I fold.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Well if you are a tight player you won't play these hands, but if you are a loose one you can play these hand from any seat but you have to be very good post-flop.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
mainly only call, unless everyone folds and i'm on the button or sb

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I don't raise them mainly call, sometimes I even fold them if I'm kinda short.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
When to raise preflop with 22 to 55
Baby pairs are a special dilemma in poker. It'll be a lot of typing if we want to talk about how to play them in most situations, but to be brief : Only see a flop as cheap as possible and give up if there's a significant bet on the flop, let alone a raise after that unless you hit that set. But that doesn't answer your question. Raising with them depends on even more situations (Position, stage of tourney, stack size, opponent (s) tendencies, ...). I personally would only raise with them on the CO, BTN, SB or BB depending of the situation in hand. In general, I fold them more often than I play them.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you open, but main problem is what to do after opp 3bet.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
there is a lot of things to observe, but the main in my opinion is the position. If you are on the BU or CO, raise

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't very often raise these hands, although like others have said, depends on situation, sometimes your just not getting a better hand and in them situations you'd probably still rather get folds.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on
1) preflop and postflop aggression - if you are unlikely to get 3bet, then you should play it more often
2) how likely villain is to payoff - if players can't lay down top pair top kicker, or can't lay down overpairs, you should be more inclined to play them
3) stack pot ratio - shallow stacks you aren't getting proper pot odds to draw to a set.
4) position and postflop skill - if you have other ways to win the pot versus villain then they can be worth playing

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Low pairs often trip if there are many players in the hand.