Playing with low pair

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend everything is fine with you I hope so.

An acceptable time to raise 22 or 55 is if your opponents are going limp just to see the flop.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
optimal from late positions and I think against players with a deep stack and rather weak ones, but don’t listen often, even hitting from a set - it won’t be a top set

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally play low pairs by just calling them waiting for it to hit then shove

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
55 flop 5, then BB goes all-in, you call, and it has a 6s:D set. The same thing happens with 88 and 99. This usually happens at Pokerstars. GGPoker isn't that common. Why am I not so sure.
I recently caught a flop at 22, another 2. My opponent went all-in, I'm calling. He opened QQ and caught Q.:)

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only limp with a weak pair and look at the hit - if they give it ))))

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Lower pairs is actually a trap .i play them in raise or all in 2hen i am in late position or when i am short stack and cross my fingers.... ;)

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
On a recent 888 poker site hand analysis, low pocket pairs are actually one of the most over played hands. Statistically they don't provide as much bang for their buck as people seem to believe

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I try to see the flop with the least investment, this is often justified by getting a set. A very interesting combination and dangerous for opponents, since no one expects such a trick in the game, which means you can get a large replenishment of prize chips

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, but I'm not a big fan of low pairs.

A

ANTHONY KIRTON

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flat call small pairs....bet flop .....fold/check turn if trips don't come

M

Moncie Lee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
These cards should be folded and never played for value. If they cause you to aggressively attempt to steal the pot, that’s a good thing, but calling to try to hit a set is almost never a good play.
When you raise to steal and hit a set 😀
but in early position these cards are not profitable in my opinion unless you’re sure you can slide in cheaply. People that limp and then call a raise with these hands are plentiful. I love poker!

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would only raise with these cards if I was short on blinds and no one had opened before me then I would Jam, otherwise I would just call to see flop and go set mining...

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For example, if it's a heads-up and not a full or short table, then you should raise with any small pair or call your opponent's raise if it's not very big.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
depends on the size of the chips and the position is easy to climb with low pairs in position

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would usually set mine with these hands against weak players. If I open limp in certain games, I'll do this with stronger hands as well, to be balanced against overly aggressive villains.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Low pairs are tempting to play but they are a double-edged sword, to play them you have to know how to play them and in what situations, always being cautious so as not to lose much by trusting.

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is generally considered to be a weak hand preflop and should only be played in certain situations. One possible strategy is to raise with these hands in late position with several players already in the pot, as the likelihood of hitting a strong hand is higher in these scenarios. It's also good to raise with these hands if you are in position against players who are likely to fold to aggression. As always, it's important to take into account the specific dynamics of the table and the players you're up against.

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I wouldn't raise with these cards, I'd prefer to call these cards, but I've raised these cards a couple times.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Each one has a range and there are hundreds of variables, the most important being your stack and position.

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love low pairs, but if I don't set them on the flop, then I go all the way to the river