MicroCrushers Thread!!!!!

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^ tough but nice call. I dont think I would be able to call that off but its hard to say without stats and seeing him play. I think he would play a flush like that as well but him limping the button like that seems pretty fishy.

edit: just saw the part about how he lost a bunch of big pots. I think Id be more likely to call him off with KT knowing that now :)

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just recently switched from Nl5 deepstack to 6 max Nl10, I recommend that everyone try 6 max rather than deep stack as their are ALOT of complete maniacs playing with 100BB's, much more than deepstack.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^ tough but nice call. I dont think I would be able to call that off but its hard to say without stats and seeing him play. I think he would play a flush like that as well but him limping the button like that seems pretty fishy.

edit: just saw the part about how he lost a bunch of big pots. I think Id be more likely to call him off with KT knowing that now :)

Thanks, but I think he is going to me bluffing more often than having the flush or three of a kinds/two pair which would of re-raised earlier. Plus I thought he was on tilt. Call was mainly based on my read of him so yea I guess you had to be there ;)

Edit: wow AlfieAA already 1000+ posts :eek:, I remember reading your posts recently when you were a new member.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This dude was NOT happy with me after these two hands :D

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($5.17)
CO ($10)
Hero (Button) ($12.50)
SB ($7.98)
BB ($14.02)
UTG ($5.07)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif

3 folds, Hero bets $0.17, SB raises to $0.95, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.78

Flop: ($1.95) 9
spade.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
, 7
club.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

Turn: ($5.55) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $3.70, 1 fold

Total pot: $5.55 | Rake: $0.23

Results:
Hero had 7
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif
Outcome: $5.55 returned to Hero

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($5)
SB ($12.37)
Hero (BB) ($12.93)
UTG ($16.01)
MP ($5.32)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6
diamond.gif
, 6
spade.gif

UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero bets $0.20, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 8
diamond.gif
, 6
club.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.30, UTG raises to $15.81 (All-In), Hero calls $12.43 (All-In)

Turn: ($25.88) 8
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($25.88) A
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $25.88 | Rake: $1

Results:
Hero had 6
diamond.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(full house, sixes over eights).
UTG had 9
club.gif
, 10
club.gif
(straight, ten high).
Outcome: Hero won $24.88

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@micro....hand 1 - whats with the x6 3bet?....what was the villians stats?...its a hard one to persue the hand with pocket 7s, but then again would he really raise that big with a big pp...prob just trying to steal pre*edit, then he obv made a c-bet then gave up to your strength ....well played nh

hand 2- wow, its prob easy to put him on a flopped straight here, but i dont lke the shove....lucky to boat up mm lol

Last edited:
AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, but I think he is going to me bluffing more often than having the flush or three of a kinds/two pair which would of re-raised earlier. Plus I thought he was on tilt. Call was mainly based on my read of him so yea I guess you had to be there ;)

Edit: wow AlfieAA already 1000+ posts :eek:, I remember reading your posts recently when you were a new member.

how you doing yoshimii, if you stick around you will be at 1k posts soon too :D

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@micro....hand 1 - whats with the x6 3bet?....what was the villians stats?...its a hard one to persue the hand with pocket 7s, but then again would he really raise that big with a big pp...prob just trying to steal pre....well played nh

hand 2- wow, its prob easy to put him on a flopped straight here, but i dont lke the shove....lucky to boat up mm lol

He was basically unknown.

Hand 1 I actually thought he might have a big PP when he 3b so big and figured I could stack him if I flopped a set, prob should've folded pre really. When he folded he showed me AA and I showed him my 77. He was livid that I had called the 3b with that lol and started calling me a donk etc.

Hand 2 he can also shove big PP and stuff like AdKd I think...

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...especially now he think I'm a donk :)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was basically unknown.

Hand 1 I actually thought he might have a big PP when he 3b so big and figured I could stack him if I flopped a set, prob should've folded pre really. When he folded he showed me AA and I showed him my 77. He was livid that I had called the 3b with that lol and started calling me a donk etc.

Hand 2 he can also shove big PP and stuff like AdKd I think...

Hand 2, would he really shove with AK on a wet 867 flop....hmmm im not so sure, me personally would instantly put him on a binked straight.....did he have any info on you?...maybe he didnt think you would spot the straight and went for it....only the donkest of dokeys would shove with ace high here imo lol

hand 1 yeah it would be an easy fold to 3bet here with your pocket 77's in most situations, you paid for your setmining thats for sure...if the set missed on the flop then you would have to throw them away, but i dont see how he can call you a donk, it was risk v reward ....

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hand1 - yeah i was obv folding if no 7 flopped.

hand2 - He might shove overs w/ FD if he's tilting a bit after previous hand, which did seem like the case. I dunno man it's a shitty way to play the flopped nuts, he can get more value from me with a smaller raise followed by turn shove IMO.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand1 - yeah i was obv folding if no 7 flopped.

hand2 - He might shove overs w/ FD if he's tilting a bit after previous hand, which did seem like the case. I dunno man it's a shitty way to play the flopped nuts, he can get more value from me with a smaller raise followed by turn shove IMO.

h2 yeah he could have Axd i guess, but what a shitty way to play it, would deffo suggest tilt....the perfect opponent when you get a monster and you're OOP lol

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was sh*tting myself a bit when I bet the river here :)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($17.39)
SB ($1.94)
Hero (BB) ($14.01)
UTG ($4.53)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A
club.gif
, A
spade.gif

UTG calls $0.05, Button bets $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, Button calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.77) 2
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.35, Button calls $1.35

Turn: ($4.47) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.40, Button calls $3.40

River: ($11.27) 8
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $8.41 (All-In), Button calls $8.41

Total pot: $28.09 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
Button had K
spade.gif
, K
club.gif
(two pair, Kings and sevens).
Hero had A
club.gif
, A
spade.gif
(two pair, Aces and sevens).
Outcome: Hero won $27.59

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice hand mm, what did you put him on?...JJ-KK-AK?....can rule out quad sevens lol, and I dont think he's rasing pre with low connectors...I'm on my phone so can't see the suits..

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since were so deep he can call the 3b to setmine, was most scared of a set really after he called the turn bet.

KK was a bit unexpected as I thought he would have 4bet that preflop but I thought weaker overpairs were def possible.

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will take a look for you Logan.

Alright, so heres where Im at...I deposited $50 and started 1-2 tabling 2nl and was up some and then lost some. I started my challenge to actually improve and show consistent results. My first 2k hands were sick and was up about $25. Since then I built my BR to get up to 5nl but then dropped back down to 2nl cause I wasnt ready. From 5k-8k Ive slowly just been losing! Is this pretty standard b/c its a small sample of hands?

I've tightened up to like 15/13 and have been studying poker a lot. Anything else I can do?!

p.s. just lost another big pot set-over-set :)

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Alright, so heres where Im at...I deposited $50 and started 1-2 tabling 2nl and was up some and then lost some. I started my challenge to actually improve and show consistent results. My first 2k hands were sick and was up about $25. Since then I built my BR to get up to 5nl but then dropped back down to 2nl cause I wasnt ready. From 5k-8k Ive slowly just been losing! Is this pretty standard b/c its a small sample of hands?

I've tightened up to like 15/13 and have been studying poker a lot. Anything else I can do?!

you know how i feel about this pt, you shouldnt be playing 2 tables imho

you need to work on getting your range pre perfected, although you most likely have that down.....then you need to dedicate time to understanding position....and im not just talking about playing your monsters in EP and marginals in LP....i mean you should be looking at table dynamics (cant do that on 2 tables at this critical stage)....you should be spotting fish, and exploiting them through relative position (if they are on your left)...let them hang themselves if they are on your right etc.....you should be taking advantage of nits in late positions....making steals from CO+1,CO,BTN and sb and sometimes re stealing on bb if sb decides to steal etc.....basically you should be positonally solid.......

then you have to make the correct plays taking these things into account by reading board textures, betting patterns, stack sizes, images etc

you need to find a balance for c-betting the flop.....value betting t, r if you have a good hand and reading villians stats on folds to t,r cbets etc......

all in all pt you should be playing more, studying less.....you will learn much quicker and will know how to interpret the study into your play.....

i started reading books from the start and although i understood points or explanations i didnt have the PLAY experience to apply what i read.....needless to say ive hardly done any study yet......but when i do, man i will understand it a hell of alot better because as a beginner it is imperative that you play play play play.....trust me

ps and your vpip should be higher, 15 is too nitty and you are missing out on opportunities as stated above....aim for 18-21

Last edited:
Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How many tables are you playing now? (the 2 tables was when start but not now right?)

Aside of tightened up i also find helpful cut a couple of tables to try focus more, but if is variance not much to do. Take a break helps but could take 1500 hands or 20,000 (or more) for things get ok.

What i find this week is that bad run also is combined with bad play, so hand reviewing is a most on those times. But important thing to get on your head is that emotions gona make tricks on you, you gona feel never stop so just need to keep playing your best, try to make the less mistakes and soon will see things get better.

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many tables are you playing now? (the 2 tables was when start but not now right?)

Aside of tightened up i also find helpful cut a couple of tables to try focus more, but if is variance not much to do. Take a break helps but could take 1500 hands or 20,000 (or more) for things get ok.

What i find this week is that bad run also is combined with bad play, so hand reviewing is a most on those times. But important thing to get on your head is that emotions gona make tricks on you, you gona feel never stop so just need to keep playing your best, try to make the less mistakes and soon will see things get better.

Started with 6-8 I think. But ya youre right Im going to cut down on some tables. I usually only play for about an hour or so which is like 500 hands per session.

Im def going to start posting more hands and doing more session review.

How many hands did it take for you to get out, Logan? and did you have some BE/Swings for a few k hands as well?

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started with 6-8 I think. But ya youre right Im going to cut down on some tables. I usually only play for about an hour or so which is like 500 hands per session.

Im def going to start posting more hands and doing more session review.

How many hands did it take for you to get out, Logan? and did you have some BE/Swings for a few k hands as well?
Yeah, on table side i was opening 12 then stay with 10 (usually cut the 2 less juicy after 2 rounds), when was running bad i cut to open 8 and stay with 6. It will mean less hands but gona give extra time that need to 2ble check things when running bad. I don´t cut time of play unless feel gona enter on tilt.

I go 6 buyins down on 10nl on like 2000 hands then move down to cut loses on half, then probably another 2000 hands down on 5nl, to start BE after that and last 2 sessions things are getting back to normal (2 positive on a row), i think have 5 streak losing days (2 sessions by day so 10 losing sessions on a row), but people go way more than that, i read people that go crappy for like 50k hands after been ok for 100k, so is relative to each one.

About BE, on 20k hands on 5nl i think have a 5k BE strech.

But ask JC or anyone of the people that really load volume i´m sure they have monster swings.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From 5k-8k Ive slowly just been losing! Is this pretty standard b/c its a small sample of hands?

3k hands is a very small sample size, and losing over that number of hands could be normal variance, only way to know is to review your sessions and see if you can identify any bad play on your part. If it is mostly losing through coolers and bad-beats then there is nothing you can do but ride it out.

Check this out...

http://www.evplusplus.com/poker_tools/variance_simulator/

I found this variance simulator tool interesting, you can plug in different winrates, different number of hands and different standard deviations (default stDEV of 80bb/100 should be fine because I have read elsewhere that typical players stDEV is between 70 and 100bb/100), and run a number of trials to see how variance affects winning.

I ran 10 trials for 100K hands assuming a modest but decent 4bb/100 winrate and stDEV of 80 - one of the trials shows negative profit and two of the others show barely any profit. Basically shows that it isn't unlikely for winning players to breakeven or even lose over 100K hand stretches due to variance.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...the higher your winrate and the larger the sample is the less likely you are to be negatively affected by variance.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can see your standard deviation on trackers, at least on hem appear on reports--> + --> default stats.

My Std Dev is 62, (so im outside the 70-100 range) so is better to look on your real Std Dev if want the simulator be more accurate.

Btw, now reading this i remember that at the start of the month run a simulation and my probably down i think was 8buyins (800bbs) so me going down 6 was standard, too bad i don´t remember this when was running bad lol

It also show BE chances there.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never checked mine...will try and find it in PT3

I suppose that 6max player will have a higher stDEV than FR players.

I just ran a few trials with 62bb/100 stDEV and yeah it's very hard/impossible not to consistently profit over 100K hands with a 10bb/100 winrate. If I lower it to 6bb/100 though...

wr_6.00_sd_62.00_nruns_1000_nhands_100000_True_J2RJOO.png