Limit Game Monthly Thread - June LO8

ats777

ats777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a nice response typed up on your hand Wizzim, but it disappeared into cyberspace and I don't have the energy to re-do. Read c9's response, and your response to that and think that covered most of what I was going to say anyway.

One addition: Is it just me, or as you move up limits are you essentially forced to move to 6max tables to find good games? I look at the available tables at 1/2 limit and up and you get a much better selection at 6max vs. FR. Just a thought...

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, with odds we should be calling more than folding - but on that board, I still can't imagine a standard to passive player raising there. Again, agg villain, I'm calling - but I'm not playing high enough to see alot of agg players who c/r that spot without a better hand.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a nice response typed up on your hand Wizzim, but it disappeared into cyberspace and I don't have the energy to re-do. Read c9's response, and your response to that and think that covered most of what I was going to say anyway.

One addition: Is it just me, or as you move up limits are you essentially forced to move to 6max tables to find good games? I look at the available tables at 1/2 limit and up and you get a much better selection at 6max vs. FR. Just a thought...
Im not sure, ive never really had the patience to play FR. Even the regs don't seem to be that good at 1/2, most of them are just smashing the bet button as fast as they can. probably playing well, im not too sure. but there seems to be plenty of bad players, i thought it would be much tougher, it isn't too bad.

GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I then gather from this that your focus should be on the one poor player you have at the table and focus on him? Then basically just avoid a pissing contest with the other good players? I mean, play your good hands against them but don't overly focus on needing to outplay them on every hand...just focus on taking the poor player's money. Correct?

So if the poor player is on your left, and the other players are decent, am I correct to say this is not an enviable situation and we should be browsing the lobby for a better spot?

Do you do this with software or just do it thru memory looking at the players at the table?

Yes, you want the bad player(s) on your right, tight players on your left, and good players across from you. Those three factors are in order of importance. If you have a really bad player on your right, then the table is good. If you have an awful player on your left, that's okay, but it's not as good. And if it's only a slightly bad player, then find a better seat.

You can use software, but I just use a two-tiered note system. Yellow or green marks players that I think are bad. Pink marks players that I know are bad. So if I get a seat to the left of a pink, I know I'm good. If I can't find one, then I want a few yellow/green folks to make up for it. At small stakes, you should always have a pink.

Top 10 Games