Let's try to become a winning player

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix up my c-bets from 45% to 2/3,,,you would`t believe how many folds i get with 45%.I find nothing a villian hates more then being `fished` along,,,but when to do it takes experience and yes,i can see it being exploited.;)
Yep, it's very important to change bet sizes, as everyone has the 3 bet radar. I like partypoker with their 0.5 Blind scale, there you can vary a lot. And do you think, a donk knows decimals?:icon_joke

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1:

This is a BTN open. I would rather 3b pre, than flat and go 3w. BTN open is likely light.

As played, C/R turn, and if called, prob bombing river. However, we shouldn't be just calling the flop here either. We have very little equity.

So yeah, 3b pre. As played (flatting pre), C/F flop. Next hand.

But since we called flop for some unknown reason, C/R turn. But this hand just got away from us. You are too passive. As I said, just 3b pre, and take control.

So the reason I called instead of 3bet preflop:
- We have decent cards, but not crazy good.
- We get a really got price to see the flop. 0.03$ in a pot of 0.15$. So we need 20% equity to call.
- If we 3bet, I'm not necessarily worried about 1 of them in particular. But chances are at least 1 of them will call. And honestly, the BTN has position if he calls, and the SB probably has a better hand.

The reason I call on the flop. He bets 1bb. 0.02$ in a pot of 0.15$. This happens a lot in 2NL, and I just act like they're a check. Because most of these guys doing it just try to see if they can get their opponent because they clicked "check/fold". We still have the 0.15% equity we need to call.

That's why I asked whether we should call on the turn. Given his range, do we have enough implied odds to call the turn?

My reasoning about preflop and flop might be flawed. But for now it makes sense to me. Not every pot has to get big. We don't have to be the agressor in every pot we play. We've got time, sometimes we can take it easy and just call it down.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call turn, without too much thinking. Calling instead of 3betting is more about my mood. SB is fish and we have position, so 3betting and isolating IS more profitable imo, but it also requires that I'm feeling good because it takes more skill.

EDIT: Good is relative term, at 2NL personally I would feel good almost always.

Last edited:
Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the reason I called instead of 3bet preflop:
- We have decent cards, but not crazy good. people open stupid bad hands OTB
- We get a really got price to see the flop. 0.03$ in a pot of 0.15$. So we need 20% equity to call. Hand plays easier if we just 3b and give them the business
- If we 3bet, I'm not necessarily worried about 1 of them in particular. But chances are at least 1 of them will call. And honestly, the BTN has position if he calls, and the SB probably has a better hand. Who cares if they call. They will miss flop 2/3 of the time, and fold anyways...

The reason I call on the flop. He bets 1bb. 0.02$ in a pot of 0.15$. This happens a lot in 2NL, and I just act like they're a check. Because most of these guys doing it just try to see if they can get their opponent because they clicked "check/fold". We still have the 0.15% equity we need to call.think about turn and river, not just flop. What are we hoping to hit? How can we win? We have very little chance to improve. Playing passive we need to get there, and then (results oriented maybe a little) this guy has ace rag, how much do we even win anyways? If we are aggro, at least we build a pot and cage the guy....

That's why I asked whether we should call on the turn. Given his range, do we have enough implied odds to call the turn? not really. His actions scream weakness, so there isn't really implied odds. If he has AA, and we flop set of 6's on K-6-2r, that's implied odds, he will shovel money into pot with 2 outs. In this case, I think he is weak, pot is small, and we don't stand to win that much anyway.

My reasoning about preflop and flop might be flawed. But for now it makes sense to me. Not every pot has to get big. We don't have to be the agressor in every pot we play. We've got time, sometimes we can take it easy and just call it down.I think we can call down and play passive if we have an ace, or some showdown value. We don't have showdown value, unless we drill the river. And we are calling flop, and calling turn, hoping to back door a flush or straight.... It's just something we need to avoid, in my humble opinion anyway....

I get what you're saying. I hear you... see comments above.

But the thing is, not even being results oriented, if we 3b pre, we win right there alot. Even if we don't, we bet flop, double barrel turn (exact runout, maybe it is results oriented).

But if we just call, we only win one way, by showing down a winner. If we take aggressive actions, we win two ways, by our opponents folding, or by actually making hand and peeling caps.

Generally, if we play tight, and aggressive, we can get away with alot. 3b pre, c/r, etc. But we can't abuse it, cause then they catch on, and we lose fold equity. It's kind of like we harness our image, and use that shit to get away with murder sometimes. It's hard to make a hand. Your opponents are not exempt from this.

We could def have C/r this turn, as played, and prob win there, maybe we have to bomb river, and maybe we get caught, but even if that happens, we create this image, and your opponents will fixate on that one bluff, and pay you off next time. So even if we lose, we win later, as a byproduct of that aggression. The power of the image.

So we get caught once in a while. It just makes us harder to play against in general.

I am rambling.

I can't stress it enough though, give these people the business man. Aggression wins pots, alot.

And lastly, this is just my opinion. I am certainly not being disrespectful, and I don't mean it if I come off blunt or whatever. I am just giving you my thoughts based on many things I have learned over the years. I have played alot. I still have alot to learn myself.

Take it with a grain of salt. I don't know everything obv. I hope some of the advice I give can help you in your quest to improve.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes you winn ,sometimes lose,poker is like that never know what will happen,,,,,

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's kind of like we harness our image, and use that shit to get away with murder sometimes. It's hard to make a hand. Your opponents are not exempt from this.

And lastly, this is just my opinion. I am certainly not being disrespectful, and I don't mean it if I come off blunt or whatever. I am just giving you my thoughts based on many things I have learned over the years. I have played alot. I still have alot to learn myself.

Don't worry about sharing your opinion one way or another. The way you present your case, I could NEVER take it badly, you'd never come across as arrogant or blunt. The reason I made this thread is to get feedback, to bounce of my ideas, and to try to play more like others do, to stick to what I think is best at times, and discover a "perfect" middleground if there's one.

About the image though. This is 2 NL. I will take your advice to heart when I move up in stakes, or when I play vs seemingly decent players at 2NL.
Versus fish though image does not matter at all. They call you whether you have 80 VPIP or 15 VPIP. Im somewhere around 18-22. They don't care. So that's why I sometimes take the passive approach. I was aggressive earlier on, and well. I wasn't a winning player. I've changed a few things, and it feels like I'm cruising through the stake atm. But it's a small hands sample (1500-2000). Although I have made 750 BB in that short span. So even if it's an upswing, it's still a good sign.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another session today. Multitabled 4 tables for the first time. I feel like I can steal blinds less often, and don't know the villains as well, but it still went all right. Couple of really badly played hands, and couple of coolers (KK vs AA, QQ vs KK, a hand where i had 90% win allin on the flop, and the board had full house so we split) that could have meant a lot more profit, but hey. profit is profit.

note to self: 3betting from SB was not that successfull today. I might wanna tighten up my 3bet range from that position.

bankroll up from 41.21$ to 44.46$

Here are a few hands that might need some reviewing.

Hand 1: Not sure at all when reviewing this now. Simply need feedback.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 83 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)
MP: 80.5 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 106.5 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
BB: 106 BB (VPIP: 17.11, PFR: 15.79, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 76)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: 6:heart: 6:spade:
CO bets 3.5 BB, Hero calls 3.5 BB

Turn: (14.5 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
CO bets 9 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

River: (32.5 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
CO bets 22 BB, fold

CO wins 31.5 BB

Hand 2: I feel like I was over agressive. V was betting, I should have let him bet till the river I think.

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

CO: 68.5 BB (VPIP: 59.09, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 67)
BTN: 107.5 BB (VPIP: 19.67, PFR: 14.75, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 61)
SB: 261.5 BB (VPIP: 37.88, PFR: 25.76, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 67)
Hero (BB): 119 BB
UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 14.06, 3Bet Preflop: 8.00, Hands: 64)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:spade: 5:diamond:

fold, CO calls 1 BB, fold, SB raises to 4 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond: 7:spade: 5:heart:
SB bets 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, SB calls 4.5 BB

Turn: (23 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
SB bets 6.5 BB, Hero raises to 19 BB, fold

Hero wins 34.5 BB

Hand 3: I think this is a good fold, but not sure.

SB: 99 BB (VPIP: 10.53, PFR: 8.77, 3Bet Preflop: 4.00, Hands: 58)
Hero (BB): 167 BB
UTG: 125 BB (VPIP: 39.47, PFR: 3.29, 3Bet Preflop: 5.19, Hands: 153)
MP: 111.5 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 6.25, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 33)
CO: 129 BB (VPIP: 47.57, PFR: 40.78, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 105)
BTN: 104 BB (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: T:heart:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, UTG calls 4 BB, fold

Flop: (11.5 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: 2:club: 4:diamond:
Hero bets 8 BB, UTG raises to 21 BB, fold

UTG wins 26.5 BB

I might post some more hands later on.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 2:

Lol. We've all done this, raised quads and folded dude out.

Yeah, you have the coconuts. We just call obv on turn. If we can rope the dude in somehow, it'll be on the river. We try to let him hit his gin card (whatever that may be). Worst case scenario, maybe we jist get another bet from him on the river. Best case, he hits something and loses a stack.

I have thoughts about hand 1 as well. I'll have to come back to that one. A little short on time ATM.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo
Hand1: You can call or fold. The thing is that 3barrel is strong, so fold, but same tame it’s on later position where villains are more aggressive than normally and it’s a paired board that cracks some people to total craziness. Given the sizing the fold probably is correct. I don’t like raising because you already beat air.

Hand2: Total caller fish who has something, better shove than just call (EDIT: Lols I would believe Bean over me)

Hand3: Correct

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a session while being hungover yesterday. And as expected, didn't really make any money. Didn't lose too much either.

Bankroll went from 44.46$ to 42.85$

Todays session is bit better, I'm up 0.81$ now.

Here are some hands.

Hand 1: Probably should have folded the flop.

BTN: 118.5 BB (VPIP: 7.14, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
Hero (SB): 100 BB
BB: 78 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 28.57, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
UTG: 92.5 BB (VPIP: 63.64, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
MP: 107.5 BB (VPIP: 22.41, PFR: 15.97, 3Bet Preflop: 3.74, Hands: 292)
CO: 62 BB (VPIP: 35.71, PFR: 28.57, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 14)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:club: A:club:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 3.5 BB, fold, UTG calls 3 BB

Flop: (13 BB, 3 players) J:spade: K:spade: J:heart:
Hero checks, UTG bets 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

Turn: (22 BB, 3 players) Q:diamond:
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets 11 BB, Hero raises to 32.5 BB, fold, MP raises to 58 BB, Hero raises to 93 BB and is all-in, MP calls 35 BB

River: (208 BB, 2 players) 4:club:

Hero shows T:club: A:club: (Straight, Ace High)
(Pre 33%, Flop 11%, Turn 0%)
MP shows Q:spade: Q:heart: (Full House, Queens full of Jacks)
(Pre 67%, Flop 89%, Turn 100%)
MP wins 200.5 BB

Hand 2: Good SC on the BB. When the SB 3bets, can we call or should we fold?

SB: 181 BB (VPIP: 19.35, PFR: 16.13, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
Hero (BB): 107 BB
UTG: 104.5 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 21.67, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 62)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 16.13, PFR: 12.90, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 19.57, PFR: 11.96, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 94)
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: T:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 10.5 BB, fold, fold

SB wins 7 BB

Hand 3: I don't know how much equity I have here. But seems like a decent fold. Do we sometimes 4bet JJ?

BB: 164.5 BB (VPIP: 36.67, PFR: 24.44, 3Bet Preflop: 2.94, Hands: 94)
UTG: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
Hero (CO): 193 BB
BTN: 169.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 41)
SB: 193.5 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 22.73, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 139)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 5 BB

Flop: (17.5 BB, 2 players) 4:heart: 2:diamond: Q:spade:
Hero checks, BTN bets 8.5 BB, Hero calls 8.5 BB

Turn: (34.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets 22.5 BB, fold

BTN wins 33.5 BB

Hand 4: This one sucks.

UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 36.78, PFR: 27.59, 3Bet Preflop: 8.57, Hands: 88)
CO: 151.5 BB (VPIP: 39.78, PFR: 23.30, 3Bet Preflop: 4.00, Hands: 291)
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 18.28, PFR: 12.97, 3Bet Preflop: 6.58, Hands: 188)
SB: 39 BB (VPIP: 45.28, PFR: 3.77, 3Bet Preflop: 3.85, Hands: 54)
Hero (BB): 124.5 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, CO raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Flop: (14.5 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: J:heart: J:spade:
Hero bets 10 BB, CO raises to 20 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (54.5 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
Hero checks, CO bets 52.5 BB, fold

CO wins 52.5 BB

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I finished a session for today I think. Don't know if I'll play more later on. Probably not much.

Bankroll today went from 42.85$ to 46.23$

I'm not sure whether I'm calling too much and then folding, or if I don't dare to go to showdown when I've got mediocre stuff. My redline has steadily bean declining.
-4.5$ in 1800 hands. My blue line is fine, it went up to 8$ approximately.

I'm going to check my biggest fold losses to see if I can see a pattern. If anyone has any tips as to which filters to apply to find red line leaks. You're welcome to say so!

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are killing it man! Keep up climbing!!

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are killing it man! Keep up climbing!!
It doesnt really feel like it. (almost) all big allins went my way, and on average ill have some bad beats eventually. So with the equity i had i was down 0.96$ if i remember correctly. So i have to find out how to get that red line up without losing too much blue. Im at my parents house now so i cant check the stats. But i won money in every position except the small blind. Lost around 5$ in 330 hands i think. It should be less. So ill try to find out why maybe tonight.

Edit: You can look at my graph from today in my bankroll challenge thread "250$ before christmas"

T

Tricktappic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesnt really feel like it. (almost) all big allins went my way, and on average ill have some bad beats eventually. So with the equity i had i was down 0.96$ if i remember correctly. So i have to find out how to get that red line up without losing too much blue. Im at my parents house now so i cant check the stats. But i won money in every position except the small blind. Lost around 5$ in 330 hands i think. It should be less. So ill try to find out why maybe tonight.

Edit: You can look at my graph from today in my bankroll challenge thread "250$ before christmas"
Don't worry to much about your red line. All that matters is your green line. At the micros, having a positive redline is difficult, even having a break even redline would mean you gotta be winning alot of pots without showdown. At the micros, it's difficult, as alot of people will look up with hands that technically are crushed by your value range when you bluff. With that in mind, it makes it alot more difficult to bluff. Your main focus should be value hands and your showdown winnings at the micros.

My redline is steadily declining everyday, like seriously. But I pay very little attention to it. I am currently winning at 8.6bb/100. Focus on strong hands, getting the money as a favourite and relentlesly value betting your made hands against fish or weaker opponents.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I finished a session for today I think. Don't know if I'll play more later on. Probably not much.

Bankroll today went from 42.85$ to 46.23$

I'm not sure whether I'm calling too much and then folding, or if I don't dare to go to showdown when I've got mediocre stuff. My redline has steadily bean declining.
-4.5$ in 1800 hands. My blue line is fine, it went up to 8$ approximately.

I'm going to check my biggest fold losses to see if I can see a pattern. If anyone has any tips as to which filters to apply to find red line leaks. You're welcome to say so!

Hand 1:

A-10s is a trouble hand, but it does have some potential. If we flop K-Q-J, our opponents will often shovel money into the pot. We can also flop FD/GS, and get monies in too.

However, this hand highlights the perils of reverse implied odds. Gin card for V here. As a general rule, we def don't want to chase a gutter on paired board with two spades. If we call with gutter, it is to the stone nuts dude. Fold flop. Next hand.

So, moving forward, I would advise against drawing on paired boards, and boards that have a FD. It reduces number of clean outs, and we just never know if we are good. Draw to nuts only.

Hand 2:

Cold calling 10% of your stack should be avoided with Jh-10h. Once you get punished a few times, you learn better.

Example, we cold call 3b, and opener 4b. Other guy calls or jams, and then we fold, and torch 10.5 BB. J-10s is sexy, but this is not the time to enter the pot man. Fold. Well played.

Hand 3:

Calling 3b is fine. Plenty deep enough to setmine.

However, on this flop, we have to think ahead. We are not only calling flop here, but we may have to call two or three barrels. This is why I recommend just giving up on the flop. At these stakes, we aren't going to find people 3b light that often. And we just can't call here OOP. If we had position, it's a little different. At least we get to see what he does first on the turn. But I still believe that in general, without evidence to the contrary, Vs at these stakes aren't going to be out of line in 3b pots that often.

So just call pre, if you see over card (s), just give up. It may be exploitable, but we aren't going to be exploited by calling too many times with 2nd best either.

So yeah, I think we just fold flop here, and never think of it again.

Hand 4:

This is a spot we might want to think about checking flop. It's a pretty dry board. We do have two overs to worry about, K and A on turn. But, board is so dry, I think the potential we value own ourselves here is too great to merit betting for value/protection.

Check/call flop. If V bets turn, decide then what you want to do.

Think about it like this, if we bet this flop, we fold out alot of stuff we beat. If we check call, it allows this guy to bet loads of hands, and stab with air, and value own himself with 9-9 or whatever. Don't think in terms of what he had this time, think of it like this....if we check, we allow this V a chance to bluff and bet worse, and keep his range wide. Once we bet, he folds many hands he may stab with, thus we don't get value.

At higher stakes, things may be different. But in this game, I check this flop, and call. Decide on the turn. If he is betting hard on turn, I prob just give up. If he checks back, then we know.... he would likely never do that with Jx unless he boated and he is trying to let you catch up.

edit

As played, fold flop probably. Min raise usually pretty strong.

Last edited:
jowbeatz

jowbeatz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1
PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): 244.5 BB
SB: 170.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
BB: 65.5 BB
UTG: 108 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 4)
MP: 140.5 BB (VPIP: 17.65, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
CO: 101 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q<font color='red'>♥</font> A<font color='black'>♣</font>

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, fold, MP raises to 25.5 BB, Hero calls 18.5 BB

Flop: (52.5 BB, 2 players) J<font color='black'>♠</font> Q<font color='red'>♦</font> 6<font color='red'>♥</font>
MP bets 25.5 BB, Hero calls 25.5 BB

Turn: (103.5 BB, 2 players) 9<font color='black'>♣</font>
MP bets 89.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 89.5 BB

River: (282.5 BB, 2 players) T<font color='black'>♠</font>

Unless you know he's playing tight, that raise-call on the flop says alot. But you know It's not that easy to see that coming, kinda scary call with this board any KK would do some damage too.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies! I'm learning and adapting each day!

I had another session tonight. Friday night, lots of fish! couple of coolers on the river, some I could have prevented I think by betting more on the turn or even earlier maybe.

Cash bankroll went from 46.23$ to 51.33$

I'm pretty glad with how I played, I feel like I should be more aggressive sometimes, especially with overbets and allins. Other than that. I think my SB play was better than last time. Stole less blinds when pot was unopened, and 3bet tighter. Red curve was around breakeven.

Some hands:

Hand 1: Huge fish. When I left he had around 350BB. Keeps em coming I guess. I should have folded here though. not sure. He bluffed sometimes as well...

CO: 72 BB (VPIP: 20.83, PFR: 13.89, 3Bet Preflop: 3.45, Hands: 73)
BTN: 275 BB (VPIP: 72.22, PFR: 19.44, 3Bet Preflop: 7.89, Hands: 75)
Hero (SB): 129.5 BB
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 23.28, PFR: 22.41, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 117)
UTG: 113 BB (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) T:heart: 3:diamond: 5:club:
Hero bets 6 BB, BTN calls 6 BB

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
Hero bets 14 BB, BTN calls 14 BB

River: (49 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets 47 BB, Hero calls 47 BB

BTN shows A:spade: 5:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Fives)
(Pre 30%, Flop 22%, Turn 11%)
Hero mucks J:diamond: J:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fives)
(Pre 70%, Flop 78%, Turn 89%)
BTN wins 138 BB

Hand 2: Overplayed my hand against the same fish. I gave him money by not sticking to my normal play. I got punished and this was deserved.

CO: 25.5 BB (VPIP: 21.74, PFR: 13.04, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
BTN: 130.5 BB (VPIP: 76.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 26)
Hero (SB): 106 BB
BB: 176 BB (VPIP: 26.87, PFR: 25.37, 3Bet Preflop: 13.64, Hands: 68)
UTG: 103.5 BB (VPIP: 32.50, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:diamond: 7:heart:

fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) Q:heart: T:diamond: 2:heart:
Hero bets 5 BB, BTN calls 5 BB

Turn: (19 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (19 BB, 2 players) T:club:
Hero bets 7 BB, BTN raises to 14 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

BTN shows 3:spade: T:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
(Pre 33%, Flop 87%, Turn 95%)
Hero mucks 7:diamond: 7:heart: (Two Pair, Tens and Sevens)
(Pre 67%, Flop 13%, Turn 5%)
BTN wins 45.5 BB

Hand 3: Eh I just dont know about this one. V was unknown at the time. Did not really expect this.

SB: 105 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 1)
BB: 74 BB (VPIP: 29.09, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 55)
UTG: 106.5 BB (VPIP: 23.21, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
CO: 111.5 BB (VPIP: 21.57, PFR: 19.61, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 53)
Hero (BTN): 187 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, SB calls 7.5 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) J:heart: K:heart: 8:club:
SB checks, Hero bets 11 BB, SB calls 11 BB

Turn: (41.5 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond:
SB checks, Hero bets 29 BB, SB calls 29 BB

River: (99.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
SB bets 57 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 57 BB

SB shows 7:heart: T:heart: (Flush, King High)
(Pre 19%, Flop 42%, Turn 36%)
Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 81%, Flop 58%, Turn 64%)
SB wins 206 BB

Hand 4: I was angry at myself about this one. I feel like I should have jammed on the turn when he bet small.
He calls the 3bet. So pp is definitely possible. Maybe even JJ, which beats us. On the flop if he has 66 we're screwed, but when the turn comes the 66 and 44 is so unlikely I should have jammed. I feel like I had enormous amounts of equity on the turn given how he played, and it blew up in my face.

BTN: 113.5 BB (VPIP: 22.73, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 25)
SB: 222.5 BB
Hero (BB): 269.5 BB
UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.69, PFR: 16.09, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 90)
MP: 102 BB (VPIP: 15.79, PFR: 10.53, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 39)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 26.67, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:heart: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop: (18.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart: 4:club: 4:diamond:
Hero bets 11 BB, BTN raises to 27 BB, Hero calls 16 BB

Turn: (72.5 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
Hero checks, BTN bets 27 BB, Hero calls 27 BB

River: (126.5 BB, 2 players) J:spade:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows T:heart: T:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Sixes)
(Pre 57%, Flop 76%, Turn 86%)
BTN shows A:heart: J:club: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sixes)
(Pre 43%, Flop 24%, Turn 14%)
BTN wins 122 BB

Hand 5: I have no idea what playing "correctly" would be in hands like these. Every street is confusing.

UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
CO: 38 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
BB: 107 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:heart: T:diamond:

fold, CO calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, SB calls 3.5 BB, BB calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB

Flop: (16 BB, 4 players) 6:diamond: K:spade: Q:diamond:
SB checks, BB bets 8 BB, fold, Hero calls 8 BB, fold

Turn: (32 BB, 2 players) T:club:
BB checks, Hero bets 21 BB, BB calls 21 BB

River: (74 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows J:club: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks)
(Pre 73%, Flop 80%, Turn 32%)
Hero mucks K:heart: T:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Tens)
(Pre 27%, Flop 20%, Turn 68%)
BB wins 71.5 BB

J

jokimazi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I deposit some cash should I first try to win a freeroll before I stake any of my money?

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I deposit some cash should I first try to win a freeroll before I stake any of my money?
Speaking from my experience: yes.
I havent deposited and it took me 3 months to become slightly winning. I lost around 60$ (earned from freerolls) at least before turning it around. Only playing at the lowest stakes. So if you have money to spare and play poker for fun you can deposit of course. Just dont expect to win immediately unless youve studied and know what youre doing.

Good luck to you!

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hand 2 - Check/call river considering the size. What's the purpose of your bet here? What are the hands V's gonna call here or fold?

hand 3 - bet bigger flop. Tough spot on river since unknown. But against unknown, it's said folding is better,

I'm staying away from hand analysis these days. But hope this helps at least a bit

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 2:

Against a huge fish, a station, I am C/F on Q-10-2hh. The bet will not get through, we have like next to no chance for improvement.

If they call too much, the way we beat them is by making hands, and punishing them with relentless value bets. We don't want to bluff fish. That's what this is, with 7-7 here, a bluff, with very little equity. We either c/f or maybe he is passive and doesn't bet, and we get a free turn, maybe free river.

You prob know this, but we need to have discipline and realize this in real time.

Hand 3:

This is one of those spots where we may think about checking back flop. We have Ah, so we don't mind a heart coming off on the turn, and it opens up V to stab turn, and then we csn easily call. I think I may check back AA here sometimes. I think it makes us a little tougher to play against, and I don't mind a little pot control here OTF TBH.

But, as played (and I have not looked at results, I wouldn't let my eyes read them yet), this guy c/c twice, and then he donk jams a heart river. I don't expect AA to be good here very often. He most likely has a flush, or some other strong hand...

Fold river. Easy fold. Next hand. In the future, against fish at these stakes, when they do this shit, c/c twice and donk jam river when FD gets there, SD gets there, they have it man. Something changed in the hand, they've gone from passive to aggressive. Fish only do that when they hit usually.

Don't pay them off. Pretty much most important part of being a winning player is not paying off. Money saved, is money earned.

Hand 4:

If you are thinking about C/R turn, that's extremely results oriented. The only point to that is to win the hand. We will never get called by worse.

Actually, you played the hand fairly well, considering. You read the spot correctly it seems. You didn't put a chip in bad.

But, I might not 3b 10-10 here, me personally, before the flop. I don't mind it though. I think you played the hand well, and I think you had a good read.

This hand just shows how difficult it is to play OOP. Very.

Nice hand man.

Hand 5:

I actually like this hand. I like the way you played it. I prob do the exact same as you.

NH IMO.

Shitty run out. I would take a note on the player who donked TP into you here. Good info.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 3:

This is one of those spots where we may think about checking back flop. We have Ah, so we don't mind a heart coming off on the turn, and it opens up V to stab turn, and then we csn easily call. I think I may check back AA here sometimes. I think it makes us a little tougher to play against, and I don't mind a little pot control here OTF TBH.

But, as played (and I have not looked at results, I wouldn't let my eyes read them yet), this guy c/c twice, and then he donk jams a heart river. I don't expect AA to be good here very often. He most likely has a flush, or some other strong hand...

Fold river. Easy fold. Next hand. In the future, against fish at these stakes, when they do this shit, c/c twice and donk jam river when FD gets there, SD gets there, they have it man. Something changed in the hand, they've gone from passive to aggressive. Fish only do that when they hit usually.

Don't pay them off. Pretty much most important part of being a winning player is not paying off. Money saved, is money earned.

Hand 4:

If you are thinking about C/R turn, that's extremely results oriented. The only point to that is to win the hand. We will never get called by worse.

Actually, you played the hand fairly well, considering. You read the spot correctly it seems. You didn't put a chip in bad.

But, I might not 3b 10-10 here, me personally, before the flop. I don't mind it though. I think you played the hand well, and I think you had a good read.

This hand just shows how difficult it is to play OOP. Very.

Nice hand man.

Thanks for the input.

Hand 3: I'll keep your advice in mind. I guess I lied a bit when I said "I didn't see it coming". c/c , c/c, donk bet. I just couldnt fold because I had AA and it only shows I'm not disciplined enough.

Hand 4: You changed my mind. I guess that was results oriented. I was just frustrated that my read on him was pretty much perfect, and I let him get there. But I guess he did have around 15% chance to get there, and he did.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good session this morning. Im a bit sick and I thought it was affecting my play, but I got quite lucky with the amount of fish. So BR went from 51.33$ to 59.37$.

My redline is not good enough imo. I think I should be limiting losses more. here are a few examples where I overplay my hand (I think).

CO: 126.5 BB (VPIP: 25.53, PFR: 19.15, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 96)
BTN: 44 BB (VPIP: 53.85, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 42)
Hero (SB): 187 BB
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 8.82, PFR: 8.82, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 35)
UTG: 111 BB (VPIP: 14.14, PFR: 12.12, 3Bet Preflop: 2.78, Hands: 100)
MP: 126.5 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 10.71, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 28)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) T:club: 8:diamond: 7:spade:

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (21 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
Hero bets 12 BB, BTN raises to 34 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 22 BB

BTN shows 7:diamond: J:diamond: (Straight, Jack High)
(Pre 18%, Flop 36%, Turn 97%)
Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Aces)
(Pre 82%, Flop 64%, Turn 3%)
BTN wins 86 BB

CO: 118 BB (VPIP: 17.89, PFR: 15.79, 3Bet Preflop: 6.06, Hands: 96)
BTN: 38.5 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
Hero (SB): 140 BB
BB: 40 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
UTG: 61.5 BB (VPIP: 34.04, PFR: 2.13, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 48)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 11.90, PFR: 4.23, 3Bet Preflop: 3.40, Hands: 382)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Flop: (8 BB, 2 players) Q:spade: T:club: 3:spade:
Hero checks, BB bets 7.5 BB, Hero raises to 21 BB, BB raises to 36 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 15 BB

Turn: (80 BB, 2 players) K:club:

River: (80 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:

Hero shows Q:heart: A:heart: (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 46%, Flop 3%, Turn 9%)
BB shows T:heart: T:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
(Pre 54%, Flop 97%, Turn 91%)
BB wins 77 BB

BB: 196.5 BB (VPIP: 26.67, PFR: 19.17, 3Bet Preflop: 3.03, Hands: 122)
UTG: 40 BB (VPIP: 57.81, PFR: 1.56, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 68)
Hero (MP): 149 BB
CO: 102.5 BB (VPIP: 8.47, PFR: 8.47, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 61)
BTN: 79.5 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
SB: 127.5 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 14.81, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 54)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) A:heart: 8:spade: 5:club:
SB bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Turn: (35 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
SB bets 18.5 BB, Hero calls 18.5 BB

River: (72 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
SB bets 38 BB, Hero calls 38 BB

SB shows K:heart: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings)
(Pre 70%, Flop 83%, Turn 93%)
Hero mucks A:club: Q:club: (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 30%, Flop 17%, Turn 7%)
SB wins 143 BB

UTG: 111 BB (VPIP: 19.35, PFR: 12.90, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
MP: 248.5 BB (VPIP: 48.28, PFR: 20.69, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
Hero (CO): 100 BB
BTN: 44.5 BB (VPIP: 19.35, PFR: 9.68, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
SB: 242.5 BB (VPIP: 24.32, PFR: 20.72, 3Bet Preflop: 7.14, Hands: 114)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond: 9:spade: T:diamond:
MP checks, Hero bets 13 BB, MP raises to 34 BB, Hero calls 21 BB

Turn: (87.5 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
MP bets 84.5 BB, Hero calls 57 BB and is all-in

River: (201.5 BB, 2 players) 7:club:

MP shows T:club: T:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens)
(Pre 18%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
Hero shows K:club: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 82%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
MP wins 194.5 BB

Here are some other hands that need some feedback.

Hand 1:

BTN: 60 BB (VPIP: 35.14, PFR: 8.11, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 37)
SB: 103 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
Hero (BB): 110.5 BB
UTG: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 14.41, PFR: 14.53, 3Bet Preflop: 2.63, Hands: 122)
CO: 117.5 BB (VPIP: 8.93, PFR: 2.68, 3Bet Preflop: 2.97, Hands: 227)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (9 BB, 2 players) T:club: 8:spade: 3:spade:

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

River: (35 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
Hero checks, BTN bets 43 BB and is all-in, fold

BTN wins 34 BB

Hand 2:

Hero (CO): 162 BB
BTN: 114.5 BB (VPIP: 36.17, PFR: 8.60, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 97)
SB: 128 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 22.22, Hands: 18)
BB: 117 BB (VPIP: 11.85, PFR: 3.95, 3Bet Preflop: 2.92, Hands: 332)
UTG: 39 BB (VPIP: 13.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: 5:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 3:club: 2:diamond: 4:diamond:
BB bets 6.5 BB, Hero calls 6.5 BB

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
BB bets 1 BB, Hero calls 1 BB

River: (21.5 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
BB bets 106.5 BB and is all-in, fold

BB wins 20.5 BB

Hand 3: Would anyone rejam? I think I played this well. I'm not sure.
PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players

SB: 362 BB (VPIP: 43.01, PFR: 15.05, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 97)
Hero (BB): 129 BB
CO: 208.5 BB (VPIP: 30.86, PFR: 26.29, 3Bet Preflop: 6.15, Hands: 180)
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 9.66, PFR: 2.76, 3Bet Preflop: 4.48, Hands: 148)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:heart: J:heart:

CO raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 9:heart: T:heart: 3:club:
Hero checks, CO bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

Turn: (11.5 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (11.5 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
Hero bets 8 BB, CO raises to 31 BB, Hero calls 23 BB

CO shows 5:heart: A:heart: (Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 59%, Flop 66%, Turn 14%)
Hero mucks K:heart: J:heart: (Flush, King High)
(Pre 41%, Flop 34%, Turn 86%)
CO wins 71 BB

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is the graph from this session. I think I got lucky in the end with the amount of showdowns that went my way. And as I said, I can't really be happy with that red line. Feels like I should fold some hands more quickly.

Attachments

• 20171023.jpg
    20171023.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 54