Let's try to become a winning player

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix up my c-bets from 45% to 2/3,,,you would`t believe how many folds i get with 45%.I find nothing a villian hates more then being `fished` along,,,but when to do it takes experience and yes,i can see it being exploited.;)
Yeah, it's absolutely necessary to change bet sizes. I got used to always bet 50% and these kids just don't show respect anymore. A smaller or higher bet and THEY WON'T UNDERSTAND THEIR HUD ANYMORE WHICH tells THEM EVERYDAY THEY ARE GOOD POKERPLAYERS HAHAHAHA.
overbetting or pretending to just aiming for some BB more is a very interesting tool against HUD users.
They just need so much time to understnad their settings, they get timed out sometimes lol:hahaha:

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold. Next hand. We are cold calling if we do, and UTG may 4b. Odds are barely there, assuming we call.
Oh by the way Bean

Today I kinda got the same situation, but I had TT or JJ, don't remember. What do we do here?

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your opponents images and tendencies always play a role. Being OOP and flopping anything but a set makes the hand tough to play.

If you are going to call, you are probably going to be folding post flop a bunch, and sometimes we get 4b off the hand as well. It's just an icky situation.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So it's been a while and I want to make a plan going forward from this point.

I felt rusty a week ago but I'm starting to ease into it again.
I've gotten a lot of good hands and got lucky more than unlucky I think.

In a week or two I got from a 140$ BR to a 175$BR. Sure I got AK/KK vs AA a couple of times, I feel like I won most flips.

So the plan for now is to play for a month or two until I've got around 10-20k hands to be able to analyse.

Before I quit playing I was playing 5NL zoom mostly and since I felt rusty coming back i made those 35$ playing 2NL, which seems easier to win at. For now I'm sticking to 2NL until I've got a good sample size to analyse my play.

If anyone woud like to assist me in analysing PT4 data when the time is there, I'd love that. Because I've got trouble getting started. I simply don't know how to analyse efficiently.

Also if you guys think 10k hands is not enough to identify some leaks, please tell me!

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a day what a day.

I had a fantastic start going up 4$ in the first 150 hands. But things can't stay like that forever can they??
So it just went badly all damn day (also played on mobile, which isnt in the graph). The amount of sets that lost to a river straight draw, the amount of QQ<88, KK vs AA allin preflop. Really really tough day.

The thing is: i'm playing 2NL, and 2$ doesn't mean jack shit to me right now. So I didn't get tilted. I put my 2 year old in bed and started a new session. Played for 1h30 straight (1093 hands). It started off really badly, 6$ down in 150 hands. But I kept playing a decent game (I think I called then folded too much) and managed to crawl my way back up.

Anyway, I still lost around 4$ in total today, so I'll have to make up for it later!

Graph below: Look at that C won and C won adjusted!! I wish I had stats from my mobile session.

Attachments

• Brutal session.jpg
    Brutal session.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 17
Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL Bro!
Following as always. Seems like you are doing fine

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL Bro!
Following as always. Seems like you are doing fine
I think I am :) it's fun to play again! But there definitely are some frustrating moments in poker! :)
Thanks for the support!

Btw have you ever built filters and analysed your hands in PT to identify leaks?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am :) it's fun to play again! But there definitely are some frustrating moments in poker! :)
Thanks for the support!

Btw have you ever built filters and analysed your hands in PT to identify leaks?

we do them at times. But I'm not over focusing into stats atm. Cause when I try to fix some of those, it messes up my game big time
sweats, & hand analysis is how I fix my game more now. And also some studying

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I'm back at 15.00$ on my stars account.

I was up to 175$ and thought I'd play some 5NL last weekend. It went so badly (bad luck, then tilt), that I got down to 120$ in two days.

I'm clearly not ready to play at that stake. I'm still rusty, I don't remember all the basics, I'm too easily tiltable, .....

So I took a 3 day break and tonight I decided to start anew. Kind of. I withdrew money and I'm at 15.00$ now. That way I'll stay disciplined, I've got some cash on my bank account and I can enjoy grinding up again.

It feels better for me to grind up from 15 to 30 than to grind up from 175 to 190. So that's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to start out by playing some micro sng's until I've got around 30$ so that I can play 2NL comfortably. I honestly prefer the tournament format, but with 2 small kids around I simply can't invest much time without being interupted. So sng's are a nice middle ground.

I'll be focussed on studying more again, asking for feedback here on the forum, and maybe do some sweats over the summer with some people if they want to.

I'll keep you guys posted :)
Have a nice day, evening or night wherever you are!!

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So thursday I bought in 9 sngs.
1.72 in buyins and 3.45 net gain! Got lucky a few times, which in my experience is necessary to win a tournament.
Anyway, br is at 18.45 now and I sho7ld probably start similar thread under the tourney/sng subforum to post hands.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds like you're back on track. I know what you're going through, I've been there too. I'm still there to an extent. I think it just takes time 5o gain the experience and build up a callous to the pain poker can deliver.

It's not easy, but we need to understand the game is long term. It's notcheap, where the best player wins when they show up. Assuming you have a winrate, over a large enough sample, that winrate will be there. Gotta put the time in.

Keep on keepin' on man.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Bean! It feels like mentaly I'm in a better spot now than one and two weeks ago. Two weeks ago everything was "flawless", while last week was a distaster. Every once in a while in poker there's a huge lesson in humility. Especially if you try to get ****y :) Which can suck, but in the long term is good.

So for now I'm taking it slow. And it's nice to cash out for the first time ever!! :) the money got transfered 2 days ago! Huray!

LemonAmnezia

LemonAmnezia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Swings out there.. It's important not to be an ***hole and play clean. In my oppinion successfull play is a result of good management and vibe. Cardschat is a great room to share experiences and knowledge.. I Like it:ciao: