JOEBOB'S return from the ashes

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So im reading the above book,looks good.
Don't think i'll play any more this month. Using a 30 hands per hour guide line i finished this month with 21bb/100 at 200nl.
Eh low volume but not bad considering the amount of free time i have.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a quick 2hr session of 300nl.Had to drive ~50 miles down to the at Hard Rock in Tampa Fl. tonight.
Only played one semi interesting hand tonight
I'm on the BTN with 7h9s
UTG folds,UTG+1 folds,MP1 calls $3,MP 2 folds, Hijack folds, CO calls $3,Hero raises to $15,SB folds,BB folds, MP 1 folds, CO calls $12
(pot $ 36)
Flop Qh5c7c
CO checks, Hero bets $20,CO calls $20
(pot $76)
Turn 2c
CO checks,Hero checks
(pot $76)
River 8c
CO bets $25,Hero raises to $85,CO folds

Thoughts?
Edit: I had ~$280 to start the hand CO had me covered

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a quick 2hr session of 300nl.Had to drive ~50 miles down to the at Hard Rock in Tampa Fl. tonight.
Only played one semi interesting hand tonight
I'm on the BTN with 7h9s
UTG folds,UTG+1 folds,MP1 calls $3,MP 2 folds, Hijack folds, CO calls $3,Hero raises to $15,SB folds,BB folds, MP 1 folds, CO calls $12
(pot $ 36)
Flop Qh5c7c
CO checks, Hero bets $20,CO calls $20
(pot $76)
Turn 2c
CO checks,Hero checks
(pot $76)
River 8c
CO bets $25,Hero raises to $85,CO folds

Thoughts?
Edit: I had ~$280 to start the hand CO had me covered

Looks fine to me. If he had a big club he'd probably have fired at the turn and most def would have fired with the Qc.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey i didn't think post flop was a total spew,but with out others input who knows.
Now pre flop is were i thought my play might of been a bit spewy. To start with i'm not sure i should even have iso'ed with this trash. An if it is ok to iso in this spot is 3x+1bb for each limper correct for live play(maybe $20?). Then again it's live so i don't know if $20 instead of $15 would get more folds pre from hands like 9Ts,KJo,etc.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stealing with just about any connected cards here is OK by me depending on what I think my image is with the rest of the table. If the table has been lots of limp/fold and folding to c-bets a lot then adding in these steals once in a while is fine. Whether $15 or $20 or $25 is needed on the steal here is table dynamics dependent.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come across this App. Looks awesome tracks time, tips, all etc.
I will deff give this a try my next session.
Poker income tracker free. It's in goggle play and on itunes.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In. Been meaning to poke my head in here for a while. :)

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And at 300nl, I'd prob just pick a diff spot and iso rather than trying to steal with 97o, where we can get into some pretty bad spots post.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have played/seen some crazy hands at 300nl past couple of days.
UTG straddles to $6
UTG+1 calls $6
MP 1 calls $6
MP 2 calls $6
HJ calls $6
Hero calls $6 (44)
BTN calls $6
SB folds
BB calls $6
UTG raises to $22
UTG +1 raises AI to $127
MP 1 raises AI to ~$450,fold,fold,fold,fold,fold, UTG tank folds.(shows QQ)
UTG+1 shows A3o
MP 1 shows TT

There was tons of the sort of play.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have played/seen some crazy hands at 300nl past couple of days.
UTG straddles to $6
UTG+1 calls $6
MP 1 calls $6
MP 2 calls $6
HJ calls $6
Hero calls $6 (44)
BTN calls $6
SB folds
BB calls $6
UTG raises to $22
UTG +1 raises AI to $127
MP 1 raises AI to ~$450,fold,fold,fold,fold,fold, UTG tank folds.(shows QQ)
UTG+1 shows A3o
MP 1 shows TT

There was tons of the sort of play.

And you walked away +$1k? :D

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dang i like those family pots, one can open up there range kinda out of my 4 range though wish i had a br to play gl

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is how to play like a total fish and still make some $$.
BB was an argo spewtard. He straddled every time an took his potion all but one time. ~$350
Old man in CO was very good for the game( not afraid to put a lot of $ in the pot)~$550
Hero in the SB 36s ~$400
UTG folds,UTG+1 calls $3,MP 1 calls $3,MP 2 folds,HJ calls $3,CO calls $3,BTN calls $3,Hero calls $3,BB raises to $20,fold,fold,fold,CO calls $17,Hero calls $17
flop 457 (hip hip ****ing hooray)
Hero checks,BB bets $100,CO calls $100,Hero?

Reasons for me limp calling sound pretty bad now. I have no real good excuse for it. (boredom??)

Hero shoves,BB tank folded AA face up with CO still to act,then CO folds

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That hurts
<3

Obv post flop is fine, but idk that I like the limp-call pre :) (though I'm not sure which is worse, the limp or the call. Prob the call since the pot odds and implied odds are likely worse :D )

It's tempting of course cause it's sooooooted and looks vaguely connected, but in general suited double-gappers don't flop that well (heh :rolleyes: ). And imo having "disguised" hands like this where people "don't expect us to have this here" is over-rated because ranges are so messed up and wide live. So no one will be completely shocked that you could have a straight or two pair on that board unless they pay attention and you seem tight. Unlikely they pay attention.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't care for the shove, nothing for you to be afraid of here, call and let either/both get another bet in (especially the BB).

Yeah the preflop limp/call is meh, this is where discipline even at LOL live games gets important.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't care for the shove, nothing for you to be afraid of here, call and let either/both get another bet in (especially the BB).

Yeah the preflop limp/call is meh, this is where discipline even at LOL live games gets important.

I only don't like the shove if you already had a read that they are ditching overpairs easily. The reason the shove is good is that a lot of turn cards kill our action imo. JJ or QQ may shut down and even fold if a K or A peels off, but I wouldn't have expected them to fold this flop without some kind of history.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've almost started to redeposit to some online site several times. Then i just get the feeling it will be to much like lighting money on fire. It's sad the state of online poker here in the US. A good trusting site like PS would be perfect for me. Work my 12 hours a day or so and get to play ~1 hour a night.

I've done fairly well live but if i don't get to work close to a poker room it means i don't get a chance to play at all in 2 weeks. Also if i do get to work close to a poker room,after a 12-14 hour work day i'm just to damn tired to play 2+hours ever night hell every other night. So i'm just going to play the little amount i can live,and wait for something big to happen online.
Below is my results,from year to date. Crushing ~100bb/100 lol sample size is less than 1k hands.

Attachments

• year to date cash report.jpg
    year to date cash report.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah we are all in agreement preflop is just a total spew. I am normally disciplined enough not to do this. Like i said maybe boredom or tired not real sure. After i limp called i said to my self wtf am i doing.

I only don't like the shove if you already had a read that they are ditching overpairs easily. The reason the shove is good is that a lot of turn cards kill our action imo. JJ or QQ may shut down and even fold if a K or A peels off, but I wouldn't have expected them to fold this flop without some kind of history.
100% i almost c/c flop but if i flat i'm oop and there are some terrible turn cards that can kill action. SPR is real close. I wouldn't expect BB to shove air with two callers any how so..... hope BB has JJ an gii

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No poker to update on,as I've been stuck in ATL.
Life update o when I get home I'm moving to a peice of land I hunted and fished when I was a kid. My on pond about 40 yards off my back porch:) . Bad news the wife wants to use my roll for A new living set.
Insert you tube vid of Doug Stone's Little Houses

Last edited:
ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wv posting Youtube Vids LOl Rofl:D good job Jbob

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW signed on the house this morning,and visited 4 furniture stores

Edit: was unaware until today that you haggle with a furniture store rep like he/she is a used car salesman. Learn new shit every day.

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't there some trees in the backyard you can just make some furniture:cool: