JOEBOB'S return from the ashes

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW signed on the house this morning,and visited 4 furniture stores

Edit: was unaware until today that you haggle with a furniture store rep like he/she is a used car salesman. Learn new shit every day.
There is actually a decent amount of wiggle room at most furniture places and the salespeople work on commission, so yeah, exactly like car sales.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finally got a chance to play this afternoon/tonight. When i first walked in the brush talked me into playing there $100 "deep stack" tourney. LMFAO blinds jumped at one point from 500/1k to 1k/2k. Any way about 36 players,when we made it to the final table of 10 one guy says do we all want to chop, we all agreed THANK GOD. $360 total so after a $10 tip profit of $250.

I then played some 300nl.
HON
Hero and villain ~$600 effective stacks.
UTG straddles to $6, UTG+1 calls $6,folds,Hero in the CO with Kd9d raises to $24 total,folds, UTG calls,UTG+1 calls.
flop Ad3d4c
UTG bets $55,UTG+1 folds,Hero calls
turn 9c
UTG checks,Hero checks
river 3c
UTG bets $150,hero???tanks for like 5min

I talk the hand over out loud. About 4min in my tank i say "you know if you flip your cards over it would make my decision a hell of a lot easier".
The whole table kind of chuckles,while i'm staring at villain i notice what i perceive to be a fake smile.
Thoughts??
Ended up on the night up $429 on the cash games +the $250 from the mind numbing donkament.
Not going to say just yet,CHEATERS

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should have *waits for spoiler* cos he always has *waits for spoiler*.

Nice bink on the tournement :)

The way I feel these days just as a tournament is starting, I'd agree to a chop from the get go!

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol Cafe...

Before looking at spoiler:

I had to go back and re-read the hand cause I read it as an open and a 3bet... Oops. I'd sometimes over-call here just because we're in position and it's going to be easy to take pots away a lot of the time, but Isoing seems fine too.

The flop call is perhaps suspect unless you know he's going to be leading out with complete air and giving up the pot a lot on later streets. You've given no reads though so I'll assume there were none. He's going to do this a lot with aces in his hand, and perhaps flush draws, which I suppose makes the argument for calling the flop bet stronger.

Unfortunately he can check the turn with basically his entire flop betting range, either checking weaker aces for pot control, checking his air to give up, or checking something like two pair that is unlikely to get beaten. I'd probably err on the side of this indicating weakness, and I'd probably have gone for a semibluff here. The 9 helps us out a fair amount pot equity-wise, since it's likely that any 9 or any K gives us the best hand, as well as any diamond. I'd probably go about 50-60% pot.

As played, on the river, I'm not going to hero call here with no history, so unless you've got a VERY strong feeling of what the smile that you THINK is fake means, just fold. It's an enormous bet, and as a general rule, people don't bluff the river enough, or for big enough amounts.

After looking at spoiler:
You jerk :)

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only read on villain was that he seemed to be better than 90% of the 1/3 regs i've played with this year. After hearing some of his conversation/strat he seemed to be somewhat knowledgeable and not a level one thinking players. With that said why would he donk a A high board?
Joebob's tip of the day,don't talk strat at the table.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't people limp AQ live?

but if you said he's good/ok he'd open everything decent pre.. I do think this is a sigh fold though.

ohhh. he's in the STRADDLE! I give him credit for a decent A most of the time, people are still retarded and donk TP.

online I want to triple here vs regs/semi-thinking players, so don't listen to my opinion.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost bet ~$90 on the turn,but getting c/r on this turn would make me sick at my stomach. As anyone that reads my posts knows donk bets confuse the **** out of me. Anyone that has played 300nl live knows you rarely see pot sized bets especially on the river. So given he flats the raise on his staddle,donks the flop,pots it on the river after checking the turn had me flustered. It is hard to handle yourself with or without a hand for such a long time. When he gave me what i thought was a fake smile,i went with my gut.
Hero call!!! table says wow what a call. Villain says read it perfect he fliped over 5d6d. I thought about the hand on the way home. I just don't know if my line of thinking/reads are as solid as i would like to think.
Edit: Also after a few hours of playing and keeping track of amount of hands played per hour. An playing in several different places in the country, i will rethink my standard thinking of 30 hands a hour at live play. Right now i see a avg of 22 hands a hour. I would like to see others keep track of this aswell. So we could keep a better track of bb/100 an so forth.

Last edited:
Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always used 25/hr as my estimate for hands, but obv it's gonna be dependent on the room/who you get dealing each session.

I've gotten to the point of reggishness where I get annoyed when I've got one of the below-average dealers for speed. I've noticed that the speed is actually pretty dependent on players too though. My last session there was a guy who reeeaaalllyyy took his time. It was to the point where if there was a bet made at him for more than $40, I actually sat back in my chair to relax...

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25h/hr. I've never really given it that much thought before, but 25h/hr. Wow.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Asked the dealer for our Club, he estimates 40 hands/hr but can drop if there are certain players at the table. I''ll try to keep track at my next session.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Asked the dealer for our Club, he estimates 40 hands/hr but can drop if there are certain players at the table. I''ll try to keep track at my next session.

I'd say that 40/hr would only happen with a relatively flawless, efficient dealer, along with a table of quick-moving players. If there are fewer purely rec players at your club, it's conceivable the speed would be that much faster because everyone there essentially knows what they are doing most of the time (not saying good, just that they "know the drill").

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
300nl hand from the same night as my last hand.
Hero ~ $400
Hero on the BTN TJo
UTG calls 3, MP1 calls,MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls,SB calls,BB checks
flop
8s9s5c
Checks around to Hero,Hero bets $12,UTG calls,MP1 calls,MP 2 calls
turn Kh
Checks around hero bets $30,UTG calls,MP1 calls,MP2 calls
river 7c (bink)
UTG checks,MP1 bets $5,MP2 calls,Hero raises to $108 ( was tring to make it 118,but 2 reds fell off as it was crossing the betting line WE) UTG tanks for ~1 min then calls, fold,fold.

Thoughts ??*

I've been limping a lot in late position lately. With hands like TJo,67s etc. My thoughts on this is the blinds are only playing there cards so a raise from them is only going to be a range like AK,QQ+. I then get to play nice flopable hands IP.
Of corse I could be way off here as well. I will say it does feel weak as shit to be limping in the CO,BTN. Though I really think its prob the most profitable way to play these type of hands at 300nl live.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think I bet the turn and not sure you shouldn't shove the river.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop - If players are folding to my BTN raises or my CBs then I have no problem raising JTo here.

Flop - I'm fine building a pot here as there is so much you can rep.

Turn - I want the free card here as anyone on a FD or SD that called the flop $12 will also call a turn bet.

River - Would be opponent dependent for me. Am I more likely to have one opponent make a hero call with a 6 or 2P thinking you're bluffing a missed FD or more likely to get two callers with a smaller reraise.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think I bet the turn and not sure you shouldn't shove the river.
I would like to see the math on a river over shove here. The thought didn't cross my mind in game but now ummmm.
Preflop - If players are folding to my BTN raises or my CBs then I have no problem raising JTo here.

Flop - I'm fine building a pot here as there is so much you can rep.

Turn - I want the free card here as anyone on a FD or SD that called the flop $12 will also call a turn bet.

River - Would be opponent dependent for me. Am I more likely to have one opponent make a hero call with a 6 or 2P thinking you're bluffing a missed FD or more likely to get two callers with a smaller reraise.
Interesting that both you and WV check the turn. Looks like the 3rd best card in the deck to me to double with.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HU I probably bet the turn but just don't think you're getting both to fold often enough.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're not getting nearly enough folds on the turn, and probably can't realistically bet for value. So check.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Off to Phoenix Az. this morning. I would like to get a few sessions in there. However since i'm only there for 5 days the company is makeing me ride with someone,sigh.
Then i'm home and off to ABQ NM. I've did some looking around online and ABQ seems to run some decent games so until then :(

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got done playing at Sandia in ABQ NM. Rake is pretty sweet, 10% up to $3 max.
Hand 1
2/5 NL
Hero ~ $450 in the SB AdTd
UTG stradels $10,folds,BTN raises to $20, hero raises to $60
Thoughts?

Hand 2
Hero ~$1,400 :) in the BB with 8h9h
UTG ~$700
UTG calls $5,folds, CO calls,BTN calls,SB calls,Hero checks
Flop
8s9sAc
SB checks, Hero bets$15,UTG raises to $45,folds, Hero calls
Turn
JC
Hero checks, UTG bets $90,Hero calls
River
8d
Hero???
And thoughts on how I played it in general

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1, with no reads I prefer calling or folding to 3betting this spot. Are you 3betting as a bluff? Seems hard for it to be for value. But tbf people call 3bets way too wide, and I also don't really know how different 2/5 plays from 1/2. I'm guessing given that you didn't give anything after that everyone folded?

Hand 2, I think I like how you played it to the river, since 3betting the flop seems like it always folds out worse (like does he really ever GII with like AJ here? Probably not) and we end up GII practically drawing dead against sets and better 2pairs. Turn kind of sucks, cause we have to go full passive-mode but I don't really see a better option than x/c.

On the river the pot is pretty bloated, right? I could be off by a few dollars but it's looking like it should be roughly $290 in the pot on the river and he's got like $560 behind or so. A x/jam looks pretty solid here, as with the way he's betting I don't think he sees the 8 as much of a scare card - he probably puts you on a decent number of flush draws. The problem is you've posted no reads, so I don't know whether he could have gotten here with any draws either. Betting is obviously better if he might look you up times when he wouldn't have bet, but I think a x/jam here is best against most opponents.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1, with no reads I prefer calling or folding to 3betting this spot. Are you 3betting as a bluff? Seems hard for it to be for value. But tbf people call 3bets way too wide, and I also don't really know how different 2/5 plays from 1/2. I'm guessing given that you didn't give anything after that everyone folded?
BB and BTN called. You did make a good point about was the 3bet a value or bluff,honestly I'm not sure. That's why I posted it. I mean I guess my thought was as a bluff to pick up the dead money, with a hand that has some EQ if called. Calling does keep his range wider but playing oop an inviting more callers suck ass.

Hand 2, I think I like how you played it to the river, since 3betting the flop seems like it always folds out worse (like does he really ever GII with like AJ here? Probably not) and we end up GII practically drawing dead against sets and better 2pairs. Turn kind of sucks, cause we have to go full passive-mode but I don't really see a better option than x/c.

On the river the pot is pretty bloated, right? I could be off by a few dollars but it's looking like it should be roughly $290 in the pot on the river and he's got like $560 behind or so. A x/jam looks pretty solid here, as with the way he's betting I don't think he sees the 8 as much of a scare card - he probably puts you on a decent number of flush draws. The problem is you've posted no reads, so I don't know whether he could have gotten here with any draws either. Betting is obviously better if he might look you up times when he wouldn't have bet, but I think a x/jam here is best against most opponents.
Yeah that was the plan. He checked behind with A9, an I was like wtf.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind 3betting it as a bluff, but I think we definitely need to know that's why we're doing it when we do so. In all honesty I have never had the opportunity to 3bet bluff live because I've only played 1/2, and the spots available for 3bet bluffing there are extremely minimal.

Kinda surprised he checked behind with A9. The only 8 in your range should really be A8 and 98, but I suppose against a good opponent a bet may be a bit thin for him.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I guess I can loose a session. Still only .5 of a bi at 1/2nl. Not bad considering I lost a $500 and a $600 pot.
Thoughts on this hand please
Hero on the BTN~$450 8hTh
HiJack $297
UTG calls,UTG 1 calls, folds, Hijack raise to $10,fold,Hero raises to$30,folds,hijack calls
Flop
KhTs4h
Hijack checks,Hero bets $40,HJ raises to $ $95, hero ships it

I mean I have to be gold here right? He has like almost 0 sets/2 pair in his range right.
I don't have my computer with me so I can't stove it, but still

$500 pot was standard set vs nut flush on the flop.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why 3b pre? I don't think we need to jack up the pot w/108hh on the btn tbh

I mean were flipping here like every time v AK, KQ, KJ so I guess it's fine? stack sizes being as they are, villain has like what 150 ish left? Meh, I like shipping it and hoping we have some FE v KJ/KQ

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet pre/raise IP has become really just become my standard play at 1/2. So much calling big bets pre and folding to ~half pot cbets. It's sorta like printing money