Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still crushing souls

Hey, guys! Just a quick update. I have been playing, as I stated, for about 2-5h / day (depending on the day), thus putting in about 1.2k - 2.5k hands / day. So far I have been playing quite well. By not playing extensively long and having to split my attention to studies actually has been beneficial, I feel.

Every day, as I sit down to play poker, I feel hungry, on my game and focused. Now, onto the most recent session:

original.png

This was one of those straightforward sessions. Literally the only significant pot I lost was when I got my KK preflop all-in vs AA (standard).

A hand I would like to share is the following:

Pacific, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $2.45 (49 bb)
BB: $5.20 (104 bb)
UTG: $3.15 (63 bb) Fishy. VPIP: 35, PFR: 26, F3B: 70, FC-bet: 50
MP: $8.13 (162.6 bb)
Hero (CO): $10.11 (202.2 bb)
BTN: $1.32 (26.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif

UTG raises to $0.17, MP folds, Hero calls $0.17, BTN calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, BB folds

Flop: ($0.73) A
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.54, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.81) 4
heart4.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.81) 7
spade4.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets $1.35 -------------------------- AJ? 2pair? A set? A busted flush-draw?

Hero calls $1.35

Results: $4.51 pot ($0.26 rake)
Final Board: A
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
spade4.gif

UTG showed 3
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
and won $4.25 ($2.19 net)
Hero showed T
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif
and lost (-$2.06 net)

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I clicked reveal my thoughts on the sizing was it reeked of value. He's looking for a call and not risking you checking behind.
I don't think you needed to go that large on the flop. It's a big bloated pot already and it's conceivable that we aren't ahead on the flop when 4 handed. I'd have made it 32-35 on the flop, it's plenty enough. Good check on the turn.
When he calls as you say it's flush draw, 2pair, or a set. I've lost a couple of very similar hands to this recently where I lost to A9.
When you consider there are also 24 combos of AK AQ AJ that we are behind as well which fish might bet weirdly, I think you can find the fold. Again smaller flop bet would have scaled down his river sizing.
Bottom line is would they size their bluffs like that? if you think probably not then fold.

A

anwis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting section of the forum, thank you for posting new posts

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I clicked reveal my thoughts on the sizing was it reeked of value. He's looking for a call and not risking you checking behind.
I don't think you needed to go that large on the flop. It's a big bloated pot already and it's conceivable that we aren't ahead on the flop when 4 handed. I'd have made it 32-35 on the flop, it's plenty enough. Good check on the turn.
When he calls as you say it's flush draw, 2pair, or a set. I've lost a couple of very similar hands to this recently where I lost to A9.
When you consider there are also 24 combos of AK AQ AJ that we are behind as well which fish might bet weirdly, I think you can find the fold. Again smaller flop bet would have scaled down his river sizing.
Bottom line is would they size their bluffs like that? if you think probably not then fold.

Right you are. What made me call was seeing a 3-barrel bluff by the villain 2 hands ago. Did the same thing with a 4th pair + busted OESD.

Anyhow, a fold is definitely correct there, as I replay the hand in my head.

...Now, another 10k hands have passed, so here is an update of the total graph + my stats:

original.png

Hope you all have a great day! :icon_sant

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, guys! Just a quick update. I have been playing, as I stated, for about 2-5h / day (depending on the day), thus putting in about 1.2k - 2.5k hands / day. So far I have been playing quite well. By not playing extensively long and having to split my attention to studies actually has been beneficial, I feel.

Every day, as I sit down to play poker, I feel hungry, on my game and focused. Now, onto the most recent session:

original.png

This was one of those straightforward sessions. Literally the only significant pot I lost was when I got my KK preflop all-in vs AA (standard).

A hand I would like to share is the following:

SB: $2.45 (49 bb)
BB: $5.20 (104 bb)
UTG: $3.15 (63 bb) Fishy. VPIP: 35, PFR: 26, F3B: 70, FC-bet: 50
MP: $8.13 (162.6 bb)
Hero (CO): $10.11 (202.2 bb)
BTN: $1.32 (26.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif

UTG raises to $0.17, MP folds, Hero calls $0.17, BTN calls $0.17, SB calls $0.15, BB folds

Flop: ($0.73) A
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.54, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.81) 4
heart4.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.81) 7
spade4.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets $1.35 -------------------------- AJ? 2pair? A set? A busted flush-draw?

Hero calls $1.35

Results: $4.51 pot ($0.26 rake)
Final Board: A
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
spade4.gif

UTG showed 3
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
and won $4.25 ($2.19 net)
Hero showed T
heart4.gif
A
spade4.gif
and lost (-$2.06 net)

Fold pre to UTG open. Next hand. Don't bet flop either, check back. The only thing we get value from is a FD, and the board is pretty dry, you prob value own yourself as played.

Have not looked at spoiler yet. River we can't possibly be good..... let's see what dude had now...

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't mind discussing this one a bit more. Firstly the guy is tagged loose and fishy these are the sorts of guys you want to be getting into hands with. These are the players who we can usually get to fold a ton it's a standard where the money is spot.
You could fold pre but AT is probably ahead of his range and playable here imo.
In hindsight 3bet isolating him was probably better than calling and allowing in more junk or a squeeze from behind.
As played I like the cbet although not the sizing. Into 4 players it announces we have at least a half decent ace minimum. The bet thins the field, charges draws and gets value from weaker likely suited aces in the openers range. At these stakes it also reduces the chance of getting bluffed off the hand on the river as at 5nl it's near impossible to shift people off a pair of aces and he'd likely know that as well which is why his river lead is rarely going to be a bluff here. It's this last point plus his sizing which means we needed to find the fold.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I like 3b way more than calling pre. Good point fig. I think i read over HH too quickly.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't mind discussing this one a bit more. Firstly the guy is tagged loose and fishy these are the sorts of guys you want to be getting into hands with. These are the players who we can usually get to fold a ton it's a standard where the money is spot.
You could fold pre but AT is probably ahead of his range and playable here imo.
In hindsight 3bet isolating him was probably better than calling and allowing in more junk or a squeeze from behind.
As played I like the cbet although not the sizing. Into 4 players it announces we have at least a half decent ace minimum. The bet thins the field, charges draws and gets value from weaker likely suited aces in the openers range. At these stakes it also reduces the chance of getting bluffed off the hand on the river as at 5nl it's near impossible to shift people off a pair of aces and he'd likely know that as well which is why his river lead is rarely going to be a bluff here. It's this last point plus his sizing which means we needed to find the fold.
Well said. I do tend to 3 bet in those spots, but I guess I was a bit tired, as it was towards the end of that particular session (also, it was about 1AM, which is the time I normally go to sleep). So this one slipped away.

You both are right, since a 3bet lre would have probably solved the entire situation, but as played, I should have folded on the river. Thanks for the input! It's always greatly appreciated. :)

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
#1: This is why you don't slow-play aces:

Pacific, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

SB: $5.95 (119 bb)
Hero (BB): $18.54 (370.8 bb)
CO: $2.97 (59.4 bb)
BTN: $5.94 (118.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J
club4.gif
A
diamond4.gif

CO folds, BTN raises to $0.14, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.44, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.90) J
spade4.gif
J
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.67, BTN calls $0.67

Turn: ($2.24) 5
spade4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.12, BTN raises to $2.55, Hero raises to $17.43 and is all-in, BTN calls $2.28

River: ($11.90) K
heart4.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $11.90 pot ($0.59 rake)
Final Board: J
spade4.gif
J
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
K
heart4.gif

Hero showed J
club4.gif
A
diamond4.gif
and won $11.31 ($5.37 net)
BTN showed A
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif
and lost (-$5.94 net)

#2: What in the world was this?! I love this guy! I had to label him as a "maniac" right after.

Pacific, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

Hero (SB): $11.43 (228.6 bb)
BB: $2.62 (52.4 bb)
CO: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
BTN: $7.51 (150.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5
diamond4.gif
club4.gif

CO folds, BTN raises to $0.11, Hero calls $0.09, BB folds

Flop: ($0.27) 8
club4.gif
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.63) 5
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.47, Hero raises to $1.64, BTN calls $1.17

River: ($3.91) K
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.91, BTN raises to $5.58 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.67

Results: $15.07 pot ($0.75 rake)
Final Board: 8
club4.gif
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
heart4.gif
K
heart4.gif

Hero showed 5
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
and won $14.32 ($6.81 net)
BTN showed A
heart4.gif
T
club4.gif
and lost (-$7.51 net)

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40k hands played

Well, another 10k hands have been played, and, as always, I am delivering my graph. I have been mixing up 5NL with 10NL, and been successful at that.

I am still making plenty of mistakes at the tables, but what I am most proud of is my mindset. I literally have not been on tilt for a SECOND. Despise all the 1-outers, bad beats and blatantly idiotic plays by my opponents which get rewarded, I have been able to stay clear-headed and focused.

Anyhow, here is the graph:

original.png

Wish you all a nice weekend! :icon_sant

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, another 10k hands have been played, and, as always, I am delivering my graph. I have been mixing up 5NL with 10NL, and been successful at that.

I am still making plenty of mistakes at the tables, but what I am most proud of is my mindset. I literally have not been on tilt for a SECOND. Despise all the 1-outers, bad beats and blatantly idiotic plays by my opponents which get rewarded, I have been able to stay clear-headed and focused.

Anyhow, here is the graph:

original.png

Wish you all a nice weekend! :icon_sant

I really think once strategy is learned, it really is mostly mental game that matters. Super happy to hear you're in a good place lately in that regard.

Mental game has been the single biggest problem I've had over the years. It has taken me literally a metric f*** ton of hours to get my mental game sorted out, and I still have work to do.

When I'm in a good place mentally, the game just seems much easier. Win or lose, i feel like i make the best decisions when I'm relaxed and composed. If i feel frustration, or anger, or want to just slap some fish, that is the early warning sign I have to recognize in real time to keep myself in check.

Lol @ A-J and of course 5-5 from above.

I don't mjnd dude flatting pre with AA there, but yeah he supposed to give up on turn prob IMO. I dunno what dude with A-10 was thinking.... he just airmailed you chips. He hates money obv.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm, here's an interesting one. I did call on the flop, as I saw him go all-in preflop with QQ. Although, it was vs. a fish, and the guy is VPIP 14/ PFR 10/ 3-bet 2.2/ 4-bet 0

SB: $9.69 (193.8 bb)
BB: $5 (100 bb)
UTG: $5 (100 bb)
MP: $5 (100 bb)
CO: $10.38 (207.6 bb)
Hero (BTN): $16.57 (331.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K
club4.gif
K
diamond4.gif

UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.67, 2 folds, MP raises to $1.93, Hero calls $1.26 ----- the reason of flatting here is that I could get away from the hand, if an Ace hits the flop...

Flop: ($3.93) 3
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
club4.gif
(2 players)
MP bets $3.07 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.07

Turn: ($10.07) Q
heart4.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($10.07) Q
diamond4.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $10.07 pot ($0.50 rake)
Final Board: 3
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
club4.gif
Q
heart4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif

MP showed A
club4.gif
A
diamond4.gif
and won $9.57 ($4.57 net)
Hero showed K
club4.gif
K
diamond4.gif
and lost (-$5 net)

What do you think? Can you find a fold there? I did consider it, but then I thought that sometimes I am vs KK / QQ there, so I guess it's slightly below or slightly above EV here.

Any comments?

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
funny, funny

Played a nice little afternoon session today. Had a ridiculous moment, where I got quads 2 hands in a row at the same table vs. the same opponent. And yes, he did call my raise on the river w/ K8o... :D

original.png

original.png

Quads - 2 hands in a row... That has never happened to me before.. :icon_sant

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mistakes were made

Here are some poor river decisions by me. The worst part about the hands is - I had a very specific intention of bet-folding and raise-folding respectively, but I, for some unknown reason, did not stick to my plan... :(

#1 - vs a complete nit (VPIP: 14 / PFR: 10 / 3-bet: 2.2). I knew he had to have AA there, but... Meh.

Pacific, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (SB): $10.69 (213.8 bb)
BB: $9.77 (195.4 bb)
MP: $4.53 (90.6 bb)
CO: $5 (100 bb)
BTN: $4.55 (91 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K
spade4.gif
A
heart4.gif

MP raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $0.85, MP folds, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.85) 8
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
K
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($1.85) 8
spade4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.92, BB calls $0.92

River: ($3.69) 8
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $8 and is all-in, Hero calls $6.50

Results: $19.69 pot ($0.98 rake)
Final Board: 8
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
K
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif

Hero showed K
spade4.gif
A
heart4.gif
and lost (-$9.77 net)
BB showed A
club4.gif
A
diamond4.gif
and won $18.71 ($8.94 net)

#2 - before making that raise I said to myself - if he re-raises it, I am folding, as he will have a boat... Once again... Meh.

SB: $4.74 (94.8 bb)
UTG: $7.77 (155.4 bb)
MP: $2.84 (56.8 bb)
Hero (CO): $6.31 (126.2 bb)
BTN: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8
heart4.gif
Q
heart4.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.51) 3
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.51) T
heart4.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB folds

River: ($1.01) 6
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2, BB raises to $4.58 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.58

Results: $10.17 pot ($0.50 rake)
Final Board: 3
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
T
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif

BB showed T
diamond4.gif
T
spade4.gif
and won $9.67 ($4.67 net)
Hero showed 8
heart4.gif
Q
heart4.gif
and lost (-$5 net)

Other than these 2 hands, I seem to have played ok. Result:

original.png

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember we talked about your WTSD% being too high and your W$SD being too low.
AK is just a cooler really you are only losing to AA KK and we block those.
The Q8 hand i'd bet and barrel flop & turn it a weaker flush draw so we want to be looking to take it down woth Qhigh if we can.
You have to fold to a raise especially as there are better flushes as well. Seems like this is something you need to concentrate on bud.

Calling it off when you shouldn't means you likely aren't sitting on your hands on the river and going through their ranges enough. Insta river calls are for when you are very nutted otherwise stop and think about it a bit more. Look at these top pros man, they rarely rush any of their decisions and the river is where we make our biggest mistakes. So take your time.
Remember most people don't bluff enough on the river, especially weak tight players at low stakes, from them a bet usually represents exactly what it is.

The KK hand you are supposed to get stacked don't worry about those hands.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember we talked about your WTSD% being too high and your W$SD being too low.
AK is just a cooler really you are only losing to AA KK and we block those.
The Q8 hand i'd bet and barrel flop & turn it a weaker flush draw so we want to be looking to take it down woth Qhigh if we can.
You have to fold to a raise especially as there are better flushes as well. Seems like this is something you need to concentrate on bud.

Calling it off when you shouldn't means you likely aren't sitting on your hands on the river and going through their ranges enough. Insta river calls are for when you are very nutted otherwise stop and think about it a bit more. Look at these top pros man, they rarely rush any of their decisions and the river is where we make our biggest mistakes. So take your time.
Remember most people don't bluff enough on the river, especially weak tight players at low stakes, from them a bet usually represents exactly what it is.

The KK hand you are supposed to get stacked don't worry about those hands.

You are correct. And I know I know it, but sometimes I guess I need a little kick in the ass, so I would remember to play solid and not overthink in these spots. As I mentioned, I had a plan for those specific hands, but for some unknown reason did not execute it.

And you are also right about the river-play. I really need to work on it. Not beating myself over it, but I can definitely extract more money out of players by not handing them huge chunks back.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hand from today...

Here's a hand I played today.

Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $10.21 (102.1 bb) VPIP: 24, PFR: 19, 3bet: 5
BB: $15.28 (152.8 bb)
UTG: $10.50 (105 bb)
MP: $5.85 (58.5 bb)
Hero (CO): $24.76 (247.6 bb)
BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
diamond4.gif
J
spade4.gif

UTG raises to $0.30, MP raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, BTN folds, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($2.10) 6
diamond4.gif
T
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

Turn: ($4.50) 2
diamond4.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.95, SB calls $1.95, 2 folds ----------------> should have made this raise bigger

River: ($8.90) K
spade4.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $7.16 and is all-in, Hero cries.

At this point he can literally have 1 hand that beats me, since I know that he doesn't slow-play KK like that, which is AdQd.

Knowing that, is this a fold?

Hero calls $7.16

Results: $23.22 pot ($1.16 rake)
Final Board: 6
diamond4.gif
T
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
K
spade4.gif

SB showed Q
diamond4.gif
A
diamond4.gif
and won $22.06 ($11.85 net)
Hero showed J
diamond4.gif
J
spade4.gif
and lost (-$10.21 net)

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a hand I played today.

Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $10.21 (102.1 bb) VPIP: 24, PFR: 19, 3bet: 5
BB: $15.28 (152.8 bb)
UTG: $10.50 (105 bb)
MP: $5.85 (58.5 bb)
Hero (CO): $24.76 (247.6 bb)
BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
diamond4.gif
J
spade4.gif

UTG raises to $0.30, MP raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, BTN folds, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($2.10) 6
diamond4.gif
T
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60, UTG calls $0.60

Turn: ($4.50) 2
diamond4.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.95, SB calls $1.95, 2 folds ----------------> should have made this raise bigger

River: ($8.90) K
spade4.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $7.16 and is all-in, Hero cries.

At this point he can literally have 1 hand that beats me, since I know that he doesn't slow-play KK like that, which is AdQd.

Knowing that, is this a fold?

Hero calls $7.16

Results: $23.22 pot ($1.16 rake)
diamond4.gif
T
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif
diamond4.gif
K
spade4.gif

SB showed Q
diamond4.gif
A
diamond4.gif
and won $22.06 ($11.85 net)
Hero showed J
diamond4.gif
J
spade4.gif
and lost (-$10.21 net)

He could def have Q-9 also.

I think raise size on the turn isn't terrible. It is like 4x his bet. Considering his exact holding, he prob calls whatever, but that might be a bit results oriented.

I think it is absolutely a fold on the river. This exact thing happens to me in live play as well. V check/calls twice, donks turn sometimes just like this, and then a river comes bringing in a BDFD or straight, and they donk all in. Almost always nuts or near nuts in my experience.

I think we do have to find a fold here. The icky feeling is real, he just got there. Well played throughout though.... we might be able to raise flop also. Read/dynamic/image dependent.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He could def have Q-9 also.

I think raise size on the turn isn't terrible. It is like 4x his bet. Considering his exact holding, he prob calls whatever, but that might be a bit results oriented.

I think it is absolutely a fold on the river. This exact thing happens to me in live play as well. V check/calls twice, donks turn sometimes just like this, and then a river comes bringing in a BDFD or straight, and they donk all in. Almost always nuts or near nuts in my experience.

I think we do have to find a fold here. The icky feeling is real, he just got there. Well played throughout though.... we might be able to raise flop also. Read/dynamic/image dependent.

It's just nasty, haha. But thanks for the re-assurance!

Here's another one:

Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

SB: $10 (100 bb)
BB: $21.23 (212.3 bb)
UTG+1: $10.37 (103.7 bb)
UTG+2: $19.67 (196.7 bb) VPIP: 74, PFR: 15, 3bet: 0, AF: 0.5
MP1: $4.99 (49.9 bb)
Hero (MP2): $10.47 (104.7 bb)
MP3: $4.25 (42.5 bb)
CO: $10.31 (103.1 bb)
BTN: $11.89 (118.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A
diamond4.gif
Q
spade4.gif

UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.36, MP3 calls $0.36, 4 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.26

Flop: ($1.23) 2
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif
A
heart4.gif
(3 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.61, MP3 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.61

Turn: ($2.45) 8
club4.gif
(2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1.22, UTG+2 calls $1.22

River: ($4.89) 8
heart4.gif
(2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $2.44,

This is where I laughingly thought: "man, if he raises, will I actually lose to quads?"

UTG+2 raises to $17.48 and is all-in, Hero calls $5.84

Results: $21.45 pot ($1.07 rake)
Final Board: 2
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif
A
heart4.gif
club4.gif
heart4.gif

UTG+2 showed 8
spade4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif
and won $20.38 ($9.91 net)
Hero showed A
diamond4.gif
Q
spade4.gif
and lost (-$10.47 net)

I don't think it's a fold by any chance, but an 8 was definitely in his range.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Planning on coming back for some time

Got a nice little session in yesterday. Actually, I made just 2 mistakes, which I analyzed afterwards.

Here's the graph:

original.png

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patting myself on the back

Today was much tougher than yesterday. Not only in terms of more regs at the tables, but also I made more mistakes and ran worse than yesterday.

Nevertheless, I managed to play 2 sessions. Here are the results:

Morning session
original.png

Night session (dug myself out of a nice hole):

original.png

Hand: he played this very well, I think. Got me to make a very thin call when he literally had me all the way...

SB: $6.54 (130.8 bb)
BB: $5.02 (100.4 bb)
Hero (UTG): $5.19 (103.8 bb)
MP: $0.18 (3.6 bb)
CO: $5.85 (117 bb)
BTN: $2.41 (48.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J
diamond4.gif
J
spade4.gif

Hero raises to $0.13, MP raises to $0.18 and is all-in, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.58, BB folds, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.39) Q
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
club4.gif
(3 players, 1 is all-in)
SB bets $0.69, Hero calls $0.69

Turn: ($2.77) 7
diamond4.gif
(3 players, 1 is all-in)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.77) 8
heart4.gif
(3 players, 1 is all-in)
SB bets $5.27, Hero calls $3.92

Results: $10.61 pot ($0.62 rake)
Final Board: Q
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
club4.gif
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif

SB showed Q
club4.gif
Q
heart4.gif
and won $9.99 ($4.80 net)
Hero showed J
diamond4.gif
J
spade4.gif
and lost (-$5.19 net)
MP showed 3
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
and lost (-$0.18 net)

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking about this more.

Utg bets and mp shoves low.. a raise from sb shows alarm bells against an utg and short stack shove.

When ppl have to show it generally means a stronger range. If u doubt it id much prefer to 4bet with jj pre.

I think 4bet for value if u think hes a fish and wider.... we also have position and fold equity

If he raises or shoves we can fold n play perfect poker n cheaper

Last edited:
WabiSabi

WabiSabi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the flat ip with JJ and floating is ok vs that sizing imo,the river is a fold though for me but i think preflop the flop and turn are all played ok. I just don't like overcalling these type hands vs 3bets especially oop. I think 4bet folding can also be a good option in some situations as'well though.

Last edited:
Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
guys handing out stacks left and right

Had a real fun session tonight. Played well, and ran well... at least until Figaroo2 came around with his contagious runbad. Haha.
original.png

Hand #1: "I hate money"

SB: $6.27 (125.4 bb)
UTG: $5.13 (102.6 bb)
MP: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
Hero (CO): $12.37 (247.4 bb)
BTN: $9.54 (190.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K
spade4.gif
A
spade4.gif

UTG raises to $0.15, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.52, 3 folds, UTG raises to $1.34, Hero calls $0.82

Flop: ($2.75) 6
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
spade4.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets $3.79 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.79

Turn: ($10.33) 5
diamond4.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($10.33) T
heart4.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $10.33 pot ($0.51 rake)
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif
T
heart4.gif

Seriously, though, have a guess on what he had...

UTG showed 7
heart4.gif
A
heart4.gif
and lost (-$5.13 net)
Hero showed K
spade4.gif
A
spade4.gif
and won $9.82 ($4.69 net)

Hand #2: "I still hate money" (same villain)

SB: $5 (100 bb)
Hero (BB): $16.97 (339.4 bb)
UTG: $9.55 (191 bb)
MP: $6.07 (121.4 bb)
CO: $5 (100 bb)
BTN: $5.48 (109.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J
spade4.gif
J
club4.gif

3 folds, BTN raises to $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.32, BTN raises to $0.99, Hero calls $0.67

Flop: ($2) 5
diamond4.gif
club4.gif
J
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4) 8
spade4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $3.49 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.49

River: ($10.98) 3