Fletchdad and Poker Zion: The journey.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the comments guys. I will load position stats next time as well. And, yea Bill, I am playing up to 12, but guess I will cut back. Part of it is I am soooooo close to maki9ng Gold star. And, yea, I know, its not whats important, but I am soooo close...lol

But i do need to look closer at leaks and try more to adjust to my players weak spots. And to see them I need less going on I guess.

And BTW Dave, I did jpg and lo and behold, you were right!!! lol.

I am thinking about HEM2, as a slight derail of my own thread, so any thought you all have on that are welcome.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely get where you're coming from Fletch. When I could play on stars I loved getting the fpp's star's etc. Also my advice was classic "Do as I say not as I do" I love mashing buttons on too many tables at once. When you are running/playing well, it feels amazing to be crusing along on a 10 tables or so.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Leak Buster will tell you, you need to get your 3-bet up, your c-bet up, your aggression needs to go way up. This is really a huge indicator you're missing a lot of spots where you should be betting. And start opening on the button more. Just for starters. Watch the content so you can focus on these areas and know how to spot profitable situations better.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woah mate, stop playing 12 tables! Seriously arent gonna be able to think enough to play well. microstakes are all about improving your game anyways, just 4 table or something :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play 12 tables of 6m? You crazy dawg!

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you play 12 tables of 6m? You crazy dawg!
Seriously. I played 6 tables of 6-max last night, and although my cash game is rusty, it seemed harder than I remember 9-12 tabling FR. I honestly don't think there's any way you can combine learning/improving with grinding that many tables -- you either choose to learn, or choose to grind, but not both.

G

Grindabod

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been inspired and just signed up for the roots curse so we'll see how it goes. Following your updates with interest. GL

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will start to do max 4 tables now. There must be a lot of sense in the comments above, since I am not improving, and making changes to my game, and playing lots of tables.

But I did make gold star, FWIW....

Next stats update at the end of the week.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will start to do max 4 tables now.
norm_ThumbUp.gif

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good move, i only play 4 tables when i play 6max too. Embrace actually knowing what people are doing on your tables, embrace having more than 1.8 seconds to analyse your opponents range and figure out whether you can bet for more juicy value instead of just checking because you dont have the nuts and have to make a move :)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, naughty me, I did end up with 6. But had my best session since a week.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good job! stick with it, no more than 6!! :)

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fletch,

Good job on playing less tables. Also, if you can, tell us more about the Poker Zion program you are doing. How is the content structured. What kind of stuff are you studying? Details man!! :)

I know you can't just give us the whole program but the guys at PZ are giving away the freebies to promote their business so promote a little.

Also, when is Acky/Jesus going to start a thread about his poker zion adventures?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, The PZ is structured that they give an email every week which targets a certain aspect of the game. So far that has included dealing with agro regs, playing in c bet pots, taking alternate lines in standard situations etc. Also a couple of review vids, where pros played and commented or reviewed and explained thought process.

They have vids on the site as well, so its kind of like any training site, except in the course you get told what the topic of the week is. For someone like me, I think that is good, since I often dont really know where to start. The quality of thought behind the vids seems very good, i.e. good players. John especially has a clear and easy way of explaining in his vids.

As far as studying, I am trying to study "playing less tables" lol. Today had 4-6 tables going and had a winning session, which have been few and far between. I took time to think about every situation, and I am going to keep it that way. My thought process is simply not very good, and gets worse when I try to "grind". (I did want to make gold, not really sure why now that I did...lol)

I also got Leak Buster. I havent really got a handle on how to use it yet, but it seems to be a good tool for what I see so far.

I am using LB and HEM to try to spot leaks, and then target them. Like 3 bet pots. Either when I should 3 bet and how to deal with 3 bets. I will concentrate on that for a while then move on to maybe BvB play, and so on.

So much to do, so little brains.....

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought LB the other day. tells me I don't 3bet from the SB enough, I'm not aggro enough on flops, and I need to start folding suited aces more. So far so good. I need to play with it more too, but it seems pretty spot on so far.

Shwiggler

Shwiggler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bought LB the other day. Tells me I don't 3bet from the SB enough, I'm not aggro enough on flops, and I need to start folding suited aces more. So far so good. I need to play with it more too, but it seems pretty spot on so far.

Check out the video content in LB as well. In my opinion, at least half of its value lies in the training content it points you to.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check out the video content in LB as well. In my opinion, at least half of its value lies in the training content it points you to.

I will second this for sure.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update:

I am thinking of giving up poker. I play and lose 2-5 BI every session. I work my ass off and lose. Sure, it is my game, but seemingly my game wont improve. I have a BR outside of the poker site but seriously dont think I will redeposit. I still have maybe 30 BI for 10nl on stars and 20 at BCP, any might just withdraw it.

Yea, I am pissed off and just dont see any sense in continuing. I am out of work and my BR for poker now needs to be for life. I have maybe another 1500 I had put aside for poker, but fuk that now.

I work my ass of, I read, I review, I watch vids, and I lose money.

So thanks CC for all the help. But crime pays better than poker.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reason for last post

Attachments

• graf111.jpg
    graf111.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 70
  • graf222.jpg
    graf222.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 70
  • graf333.jpg
    graf333.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 70
JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its always sad to hear something like that. you so have the means to crush this imo, i say stick with it!
i cant really say much as i dont play FR, but i think your under utilizing your button massively. more than half of my total profits come from button play. position is a beautiful thing, so i suggest opening wider here.
W$WSF from the BB is awkwardly low imo, so i think youre giving up too easily here or calling in spots you shouldnt maybe? ie an extreme example AJs vs UTG open is an instafold where its most certainly a call vs Btn open.
Also, i read this whole thread, and from what i can gather from the graphs, you were only slightly losing before pokerzion, and now youre getting smashed? maybe over adjusting? i dunno.

anyway, subbed. gl. at 10NL as of today and did super well, so really hoping things can turn around for you too!

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear you want to give up Jay, hope we can still talk on skype.

Talk to you soon.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fletch,

I know you're really frustrated right now. I hope that you decide to continue playing. One technical thing, why in the world does your PFR and VPIP have such a large gap? That's a huge red flag IMO.

Also, agreeing with jchoop maybe you are struggling with too much new info from the pokerzion course. Its usually not a good idea to try to change too many things at once. Change one thing, really work on it and get it down, than move on the next.

Take a break, reevaluate, it will look brighter.

Also, just a thought and its probably too late to change now (but you never know) maybe you should try the grass roots course. Perhaps you over estimated how good your fundamentals are.

Regardless, good luck to you and definitely stick around CC. The place wouldn't be the same without you.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi fletchdad, hope you decide to stick at this, i think some other people have nailed quite a few main problems here. I know you're capable of beating this game because you work hard at it etc.

Let me get serious,

Your vpip/pfr gap is too high. There is no reason for you to be cold calling as much as you do, i'm pretty certain that is an easy leak we can find and eliminate which will stop you losing money which = your bottom line going up.

You aren't opening enough on the button, your raised first in there is a little low. Use stats like fold bb to steal every time you decide to steal or not, some guys you can profitably open ATC, actually a lot of the time you will be next to guys where you can steal either ATC or a really heavy value range like 60% of hands.

Your blind losses are too large, make sure you 3bet the guys who fold to 3bets from the button and co say 60%+ with a bigger range depending on how much they fold, say 10% of hands vs 65% folders or above, against guys who don't fold then we can just stick with out value 3betting range, if they fold 80% we will 3bet these guys like 12%+ this way our 3bet will stay lowish, maybe 7% or so, so we should get lots of respect when we 3bet guys although they dont realise we are actually 3betting them a ton, and 3betting others less. Again maybe cold calling too much in the BB, would be something to look at in your database, cant say for sure though.

I really think the main problem is cold calling far too wide, are you doing this without looking at the persons opening range per position? are you using hands like JTs QJs? Which are very easily dominated by your villains opening range?

I hope you stick at this and take some of this advice. I think if you played a 19/16 game you could absolutely annihilate 6max 10nl. best of luck.

G

Grindabod

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Im a beginner, but have put an awful lot of work in to poker since February, red and reread Sklansky and Harrington and in general thought alot about poker lately.
Inspired by your dedication and this blog I joined PZ. I thought the roots course would be a bit to basic for me, but John said I could try it and change to the lion within 2 weeks if I wanted to. I have stuck with the roots and even if the topics sound simple like starting hand selection and odds and out it has challenged me and made me think alot deeper about it and it has been good for my game so far.
I used to play 4 tables which was alot for me but when I started the course I went back to 1 table and now Im usually opening 1 and then after aprx 30 min I open the next one and thats it.
It works for me so far, I had a crushing session in 2NL yesterday, you can read about it in PZ forum under brags:) Im not playing exactly like adviced all the time, but having watched the videos and understood concepts like 5/10 rule and small pot big pot I manage to adapt my game into a winning game (so far anyway)
I hope you stick at it, but if not then good luck with the crime path :)