Fletchdad and Poker Zion: The journey.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about multi way pots?

Do I cbet into 2+ players? OOP or IP when checked to?
When in doubt, bet it out! cbet less frequently against multiple opponents but still fairly often. Cbet MORE often when OOP.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a scrrenshot of my desktop and then paste it in photoshop and crop, so it is full size. IDK why it is so small...
Been a long time since I used PT3 but I thought you could right-click on a graph and grab/save it like with HEM? Also you don't have to grab your whole desktop. If I remember correctly (I use extra screen capture software) use Alt-PrintScreen to capture the active window instead of the whole desktop.

I expect the reason your images shrunk is because you attached them as PNGs. If you host them on your own image host and just use

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been a long time since I used PT3 but I thought you could right-click on a graph and grab/save it like with HEM? Also you don't have to grab your whole desktop. If I remember correctly (I use extra screen capture software) use Alt-PrintScreen to capture the active window instead of the whole desktop.

I expect the reason your images shrunk is because you attached them as PNGs. If you host them on your own image host and just use tags this doesn't happen, but for whatever reason the forum software will scale an attached PNG. So if you're going to attach, use JPGs instead.[/quote]

I use HEM so have to look into that. I save them for web in Photoshop, so they are saved as .gif files.I can save as .jpg, and will try that next time.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use HEM so have to look into that.
Well, duh, I looked right at your screenshots and still thought they were PT3, lol. It's not like I haven't been using HM1/HM2 for the last 4 years. I blame it on my old eyes. And senility.

I save them for web in Photoshop, so they are saved as .gif files.I can save as .jpg, and will try that next time.
GIF's are typically bad all the way around. Never use GIFs, they're indexed palettes with limited colors and a patent-enforced compression protocol -- PNG was developed to replace GIFs about 15 years ago and are way better in every way, except that this forum for some reason scales them when attached. Apparently GIFs too, which I honestly hadn't tested since I didn't think anyone still used GIFs for anything other than animations. Definitely use JPG if you're going to attach then!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, I will post jpg next time, thanks.

I also want to update on the course - or not, actually, but want to mention it.

I wont go into any detail for a couple of months about what I think about PZ, since I wont really know much till it goes on for a while. The one thing I have noticed is in the forums there, you mainly only get responses from the staff - all poker pros from what I have read - and I like that. I can get opinions from the average player on the forum of my choice (hmmm, which one could that be...lol) but it the old "opinions are like....". I have not posted much yet, but like the idea that you can get some dialogue going with knowledgeable players and not having to wonder if the poster has any real credibility. So many posts in forums come off sounding like "This is the real deal" and it can be bad advice. I am sure as a player progresses, even advice from some pros will eventually be "meh, good for his style, not for mine" but that should be a positive development.

Last edited:
OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in and subbed..

only learn't now that it went to fletch, if anyone deserved it it was him.

well done bro and gl!

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bring the window you want to copy to the front and hit "alt" + "print screen" and it will only take a pic of the window in front... not the whole screen.

That should fix the incredible shrinking pics... ;)

-

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^ We covered that already. ;)

The shrinkage is not due to size, but to the forum software, which converts non-JPEG attachments to JPEG and for some reason, scales them in the process. Attaching JPEGs directly avoids the conversion/scaling, as does hosting the image yourself and posting the link instead of attaching (which is what I always do).

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^ We covered that already. ;)

The shrinkage is not due to size, but to the forum software, which converts non-JPEG attachments to JPEG and for some reason, scales them in the process. Attaching JPEGs directly avoids the conversion/scaling, as does hosting the image yourself and posting the link instead of attaching (which is what I always do).

OK how does that work?

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK how does that work?
Same here D'... It's why I've never messed w/ images on tha site yet, but was too scared to ask what I thought might be a silly question...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay a bit of a derail, but since the OP is asking. :)

You upload the image somewhere on the web, it could be to your own web host or your personal space provided by your ISP, or an image hosting service like ImageShack or Imgur (free accounts are available). Then you just add the link in your post using tags.

Here's an example using a random screenshot from one of my own web hosts:

You link to it like so: [PLAIN][img]http://morrisonline.us/pics/poker/WCOOP-21-satty-win.png[/PLAIN]

And this is what it would look like. Notice this a PNG image. It looks normal, with no scaling and no "Attached Images" box.

WCOOP-21-satty-win.png

Now this is what the exact same image looks like when attached to the forum. Note the shrinkage, and if you downloaded this image you'll see the PNG was also converted to a JPG. If you attach a JPG, the conversion/scaling is skipped and it attaches at normal size.

Attachments

• WCOOP-21-satty-win.jpg
    WCOOP-21-satty-win.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 177
Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tyvm D'... sorry for contributing to a slight de-rail... I had always been wondering same thing Fletch' was asking...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the pool! There was shrinkage!

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another alternative is to click "save as" in Photoshop and choose jpg image. I always save everything for the web as a jpeg.

Or... you can click "save for web" and choose jpg in there.

...and the beat goes on.

-

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Interested in how long it will take you, a 'break-even' player, to turn into a micro soul crusher from this site.
In GL.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the pool! There was shrinkage!

Yeah, but how could you see? He was behind you ...

As for the flop cbet topic earlier, agreeing 50 is way too low. Mine somehow got over 80 (full ring) and now I can't get it down ...

no shrinkage here!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a quick update. I have had a few gigs the last week so havent had as much time to play, and I am doing some more intense off table work. I got leak buster, and am going through it to find out how to use it and how to improve my thinking, as well as ace poker drills. So between these new software learning periods and music work, I have not had a chance to do as much as I wanted. The European soccer championship is taking a bit of time as well..:)

But I will be back soon with new graph, and stats. A comment on the Iron Lion course, it is good for a player like me, IMO. I have had accounts a DTB and DC, and there was great content in both, but I was never sure where to start. The PZ course makes those choices for me, so IMO it is a good choice for a player who is not sure what to work on today, if you get me.

My first - and second - impression of LB is good. There is a lot of content to go over, and it is overwhelming at first, but I feel it will help.

Time, and graphs, will tell.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Stuff... Stick wit' it Fletch'...

Shwiggler

Shwiggler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first - and second - impression of LB is good. There is a lot of content to go over, and it is overwhelming at first, but I feel it will help.

Hey Fletchdad. There is a good 2 part video series called Why Leak Buster, that will help you determine the best way to use the program. Here are the links.

Part I
Part II

C

CaptainKout

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Little late to the party but I'm in too. My blue and red lines diverge in exactly the opposite way. lol. So I'm interested to see where things start to balance out. I also go to showdown too much but you clearly win at showdown where I tend to value town myself on the way there.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the vids Shwiggler!!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New graphs and stats... hmm, well it is what it is....
I just got leak buster, and the ace poker drills package, see if I can make some improvements.....
The graphs are including all the info form the last ones as well.-...

BTW my winnings are different in the reports and graph, someone said $s vs €s but I have both selected...

Attachments

• Graph june2.jpg
    Graph june2.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Graph June.jpg
    Graph June.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, so your $ results are getting worse the further you go? That's not necessarily the end of the world, it could be just you needing time to absorb and understand how to apply any changes that you're making.

I see your Cbet flop is getting up which is good. Your steal, especially from the button seems low (I can't read what it was in the first small pic). I'd be curious to know what your position by position stats are; I'm guessing that you're losing more from the blinds than needed and winning less from the button than you should.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fletch,

I seem to recall you talking in some thread about 12 tabling recently. While you are trying to learn and apply new material shouldn't you cut way back on the multi tabling? Just a thought.

Also, don't get discouraged. When you are trying to do things in a different way than normal its common to struggle initially and take a backwards step or two and then the new stuff "clicks" and you surge forward.

C

CaptainKout

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So does this put you about breakeven with rakeback? Also seems like your calling a lot of threebets, but note that I'm a newb too. Especially if youre calling 3bets oop it could be devastating. Maybe float a few more cbets with equity. I bet too much but when I see someone folding to 60% of cbets its a no brainer.

Last edited: