Fletchdad and Poker Zion: The journey.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, it was you. about 11.am CET i have no idea when this is lol. My best times for playing are (CET) from 9 till around 2.30, then after 9 PM till maybe 1 or 2. I have a family so when my daughter is in school and the wife at work, I can play. Nights are better for players and tables, but since I get up mornings at 6:30am, it varies with my concentration. Weekends, if I am not gigging, I have more afternoons and later in the night.

I only was at the table with you for 8 hands. lol. literally just went through my playerlist on HEM and you arent even on there :\ my HEM mustnt like you lol

Imo games are best UK time (WET) between 6pm and 10pm.

i think this is in line with my beliefs

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think this is in line with my beliefs

CET= Central European Time, so GMT +1. Like if its 6 am in New York it is noon here.

It is 17:53 as I type this in Munich.

Wierd that it is not in your HEM,

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (poker stars)
$10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, July 24, 05:46:39 ET 2012
Table Leto IV (real money)

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mustve been late to time class.... yeah i made that joke

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CET= Central European Time, so GMT +1. Like if its 6 am in New York it is noon here.
We're on Daylight Savings Time now (GMT-4 on the East coast) so 6am New York = 11am GMT+1. In the fall we go back to standard time (GMT-5) so then it would be 6am ET = Noon GMT+1. So germany doesn't do CST (the UK version of DST)? That's always confusing for us because there's like a 2 week difference between when the UK and NA switch back and forth that confuses the heck out of everyone, lol.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We're on Daylight Savings Time now (GMT-4 on the East coast) so 6am New York = 11am GMT+1. In the fall we go back to standard time (GMT-5) so then it would be 6am ET = Noon GMT+1. So Germany doesn't do CST (the UK version of DST)? That's always confusing for us because there's like a 2 week difference between when the UK and NA switch back and forth that confuses the heck out of everyone, lol.

my bad, we are six hours apart, but you are right about this weird 2 week gap. I mean, why do that???

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My time that was 6-8pm and let me tell you, games are shocking around those times. If you can, look to jump on in 8hrs time for up to 6 hrs, you'll find the games and a ton better
I'm still struggling to figure out exactly when is 'my time'. Is that like a timezone or something? How does it relate to 'est' (I always talk in 'est' time anytime I'm talking about online pokersites).
Next question: so is "in 8hrs. time" is that 7pm (est)? I'm being serious here.

tks

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still struggling to figure out exactly when is 'my time'. Is that like a timezone or something? How does it relate to 'est' (I always talk in 'est' time anytime I'm talking about online pokersites).
Next question: so is "in 8hrs. time" is that 7pm (est)? I'm being serious here.

tks

assuming est is the same as aest (eastern standard vs australian eastern standard) tbh not sure if these are the same zones with different names. the times i listed are just what time it is for me. i guess you could crossreference the times i mentioned with the timestamp on the OP

/massive derail lol

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well to confuse the situation further, especially with countries that don't honor DST, the US is on DST right now. So the east coast is actually on EDT (GMT-4) now instead of EST (GMT-5). Merge used to not honor DST so for half the year their clock was an hour off, which confused things even more. Don't recall if they fixed that in 6.0 or not.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick update:

Its summer vacation and my daughter is taking a lot of my time. She is only young once and I dont want he memories be stuff like "watched tv all summer cause dad was on his computer all day". So I am playing but only as time allows.

That said, I am running a lot better. Changed from the Iron Lion to the Roots and feel it was the right thing to do. I play sometimes 2, mostly 4 and can get to 6 tables. Had 8 on Sunday but soooooo many fish, it was a +ev session. But mostly 4.

I am revamping my whole approach and like it. I think deeper about every decision, and am having better sessions. Had 2 bad days in a row, but the losses were pre AA vs KK (vs a real fish), set over set, stuff like that where I still felt good about my play.

I will post stats and graphs when I have sufficient # of hands.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds good and, as I said on Skype, I'm still up for a sweat if you want.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear about the improved state of things. Also glad to hear about the switch to Roots. So, in your role as Poker Zion ambassador give us an overview of the roots program. Promote, man, promote. :)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad to hear about the improved state of things. Also glad to hear about the switch to Roots. So, in your role as Poker Zion ambassador give us an overview of the roots program. Promote, man, promote. :)

So far I like it. There is a guy from sweden who seems to do the first few weeks. He has a solid approach and a good way of explaining it. The first week is all off table basics, and IMO very helpful. Then it progresses into basic concepts but not as beginner-boring as I had thought it might be.They are all things we have heard before, but presented in a very methodical and easy to absorb way.

I am glad I decided to change.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds good and, as I said on Skype, I'm still up for a sweat if you want.

Definitely, thanks. I will look for you on skype, and we can get on up and running.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just gonna bump this up with an update.

I took a break for most of the summer school vacation to spend time with my family, but still managed to play some.

I am now gonna start playing again, but with a new schedule, and a new plan. I will start a new thread, as it will involve a number of new things. I will start anew with graphs and all. As far as my progress goes, I am starting over. I will post graphs when I have >20K hands.

This is the poker zion thread (and somehow it seems the poker zion interest has faded from CC) so when the course is over I will also give my 2 cents on it.

So far, my impression of the Roots is positive. I am at week 12. I wont go into any real "review" detail until I have completed the course, but for a player who knows the basics but is not sure how to implement them, I think the Roots is a good place to start. John and hid brother have both been helpful and I like all the instructors approach in the Roots that I have seen so far.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was glad to see this update. I've been wondering about the state of our "Zionites" here at CC. Seems like everything just stopped. No one's promoting their site, and no one is commenting on the courses. Is the contest still going on to award sessions, or has that died due to lack of interest/success? Seems like I need to do a little searching on that.

I was, at one point, considering their course, but was playing SnGs at the time so I passed on that. I'm starting to dip back into cash now, though, so I may be interested. Will definately be following your updates/threads. I think I'm kind-of in the same boat as you and would likely start with the roots course even though I've been at this poker-thing for years now.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am now gonna start playing again, but with a new schedule, and a new plan. I will start a new thread, as it will involve a number of new things.

Please link to that new thread here (I'm sure you were already planning on doing that!) so that we can continue to follow you.

Thanks!