Fish schooling (as in similar to shoaling)

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not saying dont play speculative hands, im saying i know that the way to crush these games is to get fat value with big pair making hands, speculative hands are horseshit vs fish if youre planning on raising them and trying to take pots away with cbets, speculative hands are fine but only when multiway in single raised pots for the most part, where you can draw to the nuts for cheap. Start iso'ing a bunch of fish with speculative hands and have fun complaining about how 5nl is unbeatable further down the line again.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not isoing them since isoing doesn't work on these tables anyway (as mentioned in the opening post).

I just make sure my draw is top notch (= coolering people with worse straights/flushes/sets/overpairs 'cause coolering people is funny and profitable when I am doing it for a change) and play it hard on the flop/turn and weak on the river if I miss :D

Also, I am not necessarily aggressor in these hands, especially in late positions if there is a raise and like 3 calls before me. No raising = no need to spew cbets but with a good draw I can raise cbet if I want to/need to.

"steal success = 28-38% (yup)
rolleyes.gif

cbet success = 22-33% (yup)
rolleyes.gif
"

Also even if I raise and cbet success on the table is 25% then I don't cbet if I miss (that was the big mistake!). Not like they pay attention.

Obviously I mostly do this in late positions.

Basically I play more fishy/speculative but with better overall ranges (obviously I still play good TPTK hands and don't play random suited garbage).

Massively raising and especially 3betting KK+ and maybe even QQ+ (advised by DK) is definitely the idea here with the whole "even if I get stacked every time they hit a set I am in profit" approach. These guys love calling 3bets so they can try coolering big pockets.

Last edited:
Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cbet smaller also. A 1/2 pot cbet bluff only has to work 1/3 of the time to break even.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+ 1 mirrion
I already explained myself, if you can be bothered to read through a single line.

Basically this boils down to: OP doesn't know how to play multiway pots. The simple solution is to stop getting into multiway pots. And what's the easiest way to do that? Two words: PLAY, SHORTHANDED.

Oh also that this thread is about multiway pots and ranges are always super strong multiway b/c the odds of anyone having any one hand that connects to the board increase geometrically. It doesn't do shit for your bad opponents that statistically one of them will so often get lucky and cooler you, but it can be bad for your bottom line if you can't maneuver that situation properly.

Last edited:
ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't underestimate the fish. Fish are hopeless optimists, seeing the best possibilities for their hands. They may not understand how unlikely improvement is, but they know it's possible.