duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aight big update incoming.

Well i tore two ligaments in my ankle so i spent 2 months on crutches, just had my first basketball training last night, long long way from back to normal but it was great to be running a bit again. I also went home for xmas, I decided to spend my roll on a ticket for my gf, so i left myself with 200 and decided to just rebuild, since i was losing motivation and hadnt played that much for a few months (I blame you fallout 4, destiny and battlefront).

so i have run it up to a roll of 1400 or so, and am back at 50nl mixed with some 25nl. hopefully i can keep running hot like this.

If people are interested ill post hands but i dont often get much feedback.

Ill also be posting movies/books etc stuff on here i think.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 2-compressed.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 2-compressed.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 83
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to come over to London for a bit and grind the NL games here

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iv still got school everyday tho,

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iv still got school everyday tho,

I thought you'd finished your final thesis last spring. What are you studying now then and are you back in norway?
Marge is right, at your age you should get over to London get a decent City job and live it up.

Post away ill help were I can.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea im at language school now, looking for work etc, pretty happy here tbh great city

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you just run 200 to 1400 and how long did that take? What games/ stakes did you play ?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did you just run 200 to 1400 and how long did that take? What games/ stakes did you play ?

started at 10nl, about 45 days but then i only played 18 of them

check the hand summary i posted above

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cause duggs is a beast and plays deep, and last left of mixing 50 and 100nl if i recall

welcome back sir

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Duggs , in the chart above is that 721$ winning from 25 NL deep or what? Also is it from normal speed tables? Cause its rather impressive.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dropped alot at 50nl today, think about 400, made some back on the 25nl tables tho, will need to review later.

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poast some hands duggs, interested to see some tricky spots

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0.25 Ante $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): 345.68 BB
CO: 151.44 BB (VPIP: 53.23, PFR: 24.19, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 62)
BTN: 262.64 BB (VPIP: 22.64, PFR: 17.69, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 1,365)
SB: 215.76 BB (VPIP: 29.16, PFR: 20.72, 3Bet Preflop: 12.33, Hands: 1,268)
BB: 171.6 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB, 5 players post ante of 0.2 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has T♣ J♣

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 9 BB, fold, BB calls 8 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (28.4 BB, 3 players) 7♣ 9♣ 5♦
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 23 BB, BB calls 23 BB, Hero raises to 91 BB,

This is one i found interesting, if i can make him fold overpairs this seems like one of the perfect bluffs to do it with. arguably AKcc would be better since i would have live out overcards, but this hand does better against sets

once i raise it becomes trivial to call off, the real question is do we prefer a raise or a flat here?
This is a classic case of compounding errors. Hero goes for the steal from UTG. It didn't work. Hero's best play is to fold to the repop. Hero is OOP with a very marginal hand that is easily dominated. Calling for an additional 6BB was bad enough. It's all down hill from there.

If Hero just couldn't help himself, the flop is a definite fold. All Hero has is a very sub-nut flush draw that may not even come in, or be good even if it does. There's also a belly buster draw with a possible dirty out. I wouldn't consider jacks or tens to be outs.

"if i can make him fold overpairs this seems like one of the perfect bluffs to do it with".

Except for a very nut scared little rabbit or a MUBSie fish, not a chance in Hell. Hero raised UTG, so the vill isn't gonna credit him with an 86. Not. Gonna. Happen. The vill has already 3! pre, and is now leading nearly pot on the flop. He's very interested in this pot, and Hero's play looks precisely like what it is: a desperation bluff.

PokerStars - $0.25 Ante $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

UTG: 111.92 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
MP: 461.92 BB (VPIP: 42.03, PFR: 27.54, 3Bet Preflop: 5.71, Hands: 69)
CO: 144.44 BB (VPIP: 35.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 20)
BTN: 490.72 BB (VPIP: 18.06, PFR: 11.71, 3Bet Preflop: 3.25, Hands: 706)
SB: 197.2 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)
Hero (BB): 250 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB, 6 players post ante of 0.2 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.6 BB) Hero has J♦ K♠

UTG raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.6 BB, Hero raises to 13 BB, fold, MP calls 10 BB, SB calls 10 BB

Flop: (43.2 BB, 3 players) Q♣ T♦ 2♥
SB checks, Hero bets 23 BB, MP calls 23 BB, fold

Turn: (89.2 BB, 2 players) 3♥
Hero bets 57.92 BB, MP calls 57.92 BB

River: (205.04 BB, 2 players) 6♥
Hero bets 155.88 BB and is all-in,

another hand im unsure about, UTG had shown down something relatively loose in his only open so im not expecting him to converge to a 5/5 or anything tight enough to make 3betting unprofitable.

Great board to barrel and this is a good bluff candidate to include in our value heavy range, turn is a blank which makes it a good barrel card, river Im really unsure about what we can make fold, 10x should be folding turn unimproved, so we are really aiming to fold out QK/AQ which i think is reasonable, would like this more if we held the Kh or Jh to block some backdoored fds but overall unsure, thoughts?
Another hideous play. After an UTG raise, a MP cold call, followed by the call out of the SB, I drop KJ-off in the BB like it was on fire. One, if not both, these players are highly likely to have KJ dominated. Secondly, this isn't the kind of hand you want when you're the monkey in the middle.

"Great board to barrel and this is a good bluff candidate to include in our value heavy range".

No, it isn't. That runout smacks their ranges. Pocket queens just hit the nuts. TT, the 2nd nuts, and QT made top two. AQ, KQ, AT, and likely KT aren't going anywhere. AK is likely to peel with his two overs and belly straight draw. After the SB checked it, Hero should have checked along to make his up and down straight for free. That draw isn't what it seems. It's likely at least one ace, and maybe two, are already dead. That leaves six outs, not eight, and makes this draw little better than a belly buster.

The turn and river look like what they are: desperation bluffs. Once again, we see vills who have already shown a great deal of interest in this pot.
PokerStars - $0.25 Ante $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 665.36 BB (VPIP: 29.09, PFR: 20.63, 3Bet Preflop: 12.28, Hands: 1,278)
Hero (SB): 620.36 BB
BB: 105.6 BB (VPIP: 31.69, PFR: 22.46, 3Bet Preflop: 10.74, Hands: 336)
UTG: 199.16 BB (VPIP: 30.27, PFR: 21.10, 3Bet Preflop: 10.10, Hands: 969)
MP: 76.56 BB (VPIP: 37.08, PFR: 27.92, 3Bet Preflop: 7.07, Hands: 244)
CO: 395.52 BB (VPIP: 22.56, PFR: 17.63, 3Bet Preflop: 6.41, Hands: 1,392)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB, 6 players post ante of 0.2 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.6 BB) Hero has T♣ T♥

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 11.6 BB, Hero calls 11.2 BB, BB calls 10.6 BB, MP calls 8.6 BB

Flop: (47.6 BB, 4 players) 5♠ Q♠ T♠
Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets 64.76 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 64.76 BB, Hero ??????

villains range contains QQ/KK/AA/AKs/some suited flopped flushes does that make this a trivial raise?
Call. You're getting odds.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly you are pulling hands that arent recent from the thread and your tone is pretty obnoxious, but whatever ill bite.

This is a classic case of compounding errors. Hero goes for the steal from UTG. It didn't work. Hero's best play is to fold to the repop. Hero is OOP with a very marginal hand that is easily dominated. Calling for an additional 6BB was bad enough. It's all down hill from there.

If Hero just couldn't help himself, the flop is a definite fold. All Hero has is a very sub-nut flush draw that may not even come in, or be good even if it does. There's also a belly buster draw with a possible dirty out. I wouldn't consider jacks or tens to be outs.

"if i can make him fold overpairs this seems like one of the perfect bluffs to do it with".

Except for a very nut scared little rabbit or a MUBSie fish, not a chance in Hell. Hero raised UTG, so the vill isn't gonna credit him with an 86. Not. Gonna. Happen. The vill has already 3! pre, and is now leading nearly pot on the flop. He's very interested in this pot, and Hero's play looks precisely like what it is: a desperation bluff.

Im interested as to what you are continuing v a 3bet if this is so horrendous?

lost all credibility with the bolded, either all clubs are clean, or my J and T are clean if they come in. it cant be neither, furthermore how can my gutter ever be considered a dirty out? its literally a clean draw to the nuts. you are advocating folding out basically the nut draw in our range.

2nd bolded part. we are 260bb effective, I hold all pairs in my opening and flatting range so i contain all sets on this flop, villain holds none, if villain never folds to a raise here (he does fold here sometimes btw, this isnt 2008) then we stack him with all of our sets.

Another hideous play. After an UTG raise, a MP cold call, followed by the call out of the SB, I drop KJ-off in the BB like it was on fire. One, if not both, these players are highly likely to have KJ dominated. Secondly, this isn't the kind of hand you want when you're the monkey in the middle.

"Great board to barrel and this is a good bluff candidate to include in our value heavy range".

No, it isn't. That runout smacks their ranges. Pocket queens just hit the nuts. TT, the 2nd nuts, and QT made top two. AQ, KQ, AT, and likely KT aren't going anywhere. AK is likely to peel with his two overs and belly straight draw. After the SB checked it, Hero should have checked along to make his up and down straight for free. That draw isn't what it seems. It's likely at least one ace, and maybe two, are already dead. That leaves six outs, not eight, and makes this draw little better than a belly buster.

The turn and river look like what they are: desperation bluffs. Once again, we see vills who have already shown a great deal of interest in this pot.

you never squeeze light, duly noted. this is a bluff 3bet, so being dominated isnt actually that much of a concern, shockingly A5s is dominated often when 3bet and called but its still a good bluff candidate. KJs is strong enough to complete here preflop and KQo is good enough to call, that makes KJo and ideal bluff candidate and also holds both good equity when called and good blocker value.

flop seems like an obvious bet, the loosest player at the table is isolated, he will call sometimes, but very few of his hands will stand up to 2 barrels, and i expect TT and QQ to raise the flop often, which further weakens his calling range. if you dont think getting called by AK is a good thing then i dunno what to tell you, if dont know how villain can ever have AA so i dunno where 2 of our outs went. its also interesting you give the opponent KT but not 22-99 Axs and T9s 67s+ etc all of which are either folding or we have plenty of equity against.

calling it desperation bluffs is pretty results orientated, since i literally do the same thing with TT and QQ+ so im not sure why it looks so awfully bluffy.

Call. You're getting odds.

to draw to what? there are very few flushes out there, the question is should we raise for value or not.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank goodness duggs responded to that nonsense so I didn't need to. I hope that was trolling and not for real.