Duggs Deepstack thread

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really? I'm 6 bet shoving...
At 25nl 100bb I think I can recall only 1 person flatting aces in a raised pot this year, in 52k of hands, everyone me included just wants to keep raising if they get pushed looking to gii pre. Not sure why this deep 300bb effective would be any different. At 25nl players still make a ton of post flop mistakes with AA its easier just to gii and hope they hold.

What else does he 6 bet jam with?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cant bet the QJ hand there is nothing you get value from. Tbh, considering the 5 bet, we should be checking the flop with 100% of our range, bluffs included.

The real issue is the 5 bet, im not a fan at all.

yea its not the best hand for it

A

AggressivelyHonest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJ, no i am advocating betting, just not particularly happy with any of our options.

T8, doesn't really matter if this hand lost us money if we are going to have a positive return from the river raise, which i think is likely.

KJ, certainly valid criticism, except lots of regs routinely fold AA post flop with deep stacks, I think that it is far more common than in 100bb games. that said probably should have formed more solid reads before going after him, on the bright side iv vbet extremely thin v him since and recouped some of the losses from this hand.

53s, there are no flush draws that contain the 3c as it is in our hand. thats the problem is we also block the most likely to raise combo flush draws.

QJ --- Like you, I don't like any of our options. Regardless, I'm betting 82 BBs.

T8 --- I agree that this hand isn't that important. My only point is that your aggressive style is going to increase your variance. Which I'm sure you already know.

KJ --- My point about people not folding overpairs wasn't intended as a criticism. Merely an observation.

53 --- Good point about there being no flush draws with the 3c out since we have the 3c. I should have noticed that. I think you have to fold.

A

AggressivelyHonest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I checked, planning on calling. but i think x/j might be good if he is going to get stuck with his semibluffs and thin value hands.

I think x/c is the worst option

You cant bet the QJ hand there is nothing you get value from. Tbh, considering the 5 bet, we should be checking the flop with 100% of our range, bluffs included.

The real issue is the 5 bet, im not a fan at all.

yea its not the best hand for it

I agree that c/c the QJ hand is the worst play. Given the tough spot you're in, I'm fine with an x/j --- but I think I prefer a 60% pot bet.

And it seems like we're all in agreement that the OOP 5-bet with QJ created this awful spot. I'd recommend that you rein that in, even HU.

Interesting stuff, though.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you could tell me what calls worse or what better we fold then I could argue a bet but as I said it's a check and should be with 100% range

N

NorskNewman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reading the recent posts and feedback, you guys are all on another level. I am closing this thread feeling awful about my game.

Cheers.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you could tell me what calls worse or what better we fold then I could argue a bet but as I said it's a check and should be with 100% range

How are we playing a 2r turn? Or a Q/J turn? If it x through

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well we have to get it in with Q/J turn but I am also checking the turn lol.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
13 hands into my evening

poker stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

SB: $16.56 (165.6 bb)
BB: $44.32 (443.2 bb)
CO: $11.05 (110.5 bb)
Hero (BTN): $25.36 (253.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2:club: 2:diamond:
CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.28) K:club: 8:diamond: T:spade: (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.28) 2:heart: (4 players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.80, CO folds, Hero calls $0.80, SB folds

River: ($2.88) K:diamond: (2 players)
BB bets $1.51, Hero raises to $5.83, BB raises to $33
Hero??

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
13 hands into my evening

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2<font color='black'>♣</font> 2<font color='red'>♦</font>

Flop: ($1.28) K<font color='black'>♣</font> 8<font color='red'>♦</font> T<font color='black'>♠</font> (4 players)

Turn: ($1.28) 2<font color='red'>♥</font> (4 players)

River: ($2.88) K<font color='red'>♦</font> (2 players)
Hero??

Fold. He's never doing this w/anything but boats and we cant beat any boats. It sucks, but we have to release.

A

AggressivelyHonest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think you're giving villain too much range credit here. This is at a HU table --- not just a HU hand.

AK calls here, and some KK and TT (morons, but I see it happen all the time).

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you're giving villain too much range credit here. This is at a HU table --- not just a HU hand.

AK calls here, and some KK and TT (morons, but I see it happen all the time).

Technically we are starting a table with open seats

A

AggressivelyHonest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Technically we are starting a table with open seats

True, but that doesn't make my statement untrue. Until other people join, it is a HU table --- and will often play like it.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup just supplying additional information

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
13 hands into my evening

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2<font color='black'>♣</font> 2<font color='red'>♦</font>

Flop: ($1.28) K<font color='black'>♣</font> 8<font color='red'>♦</font> T<font color='black'>♠</font> (4 players)

Turn: ($1.28) 2<font color='red'>♥</font> (4 players)

River: ($2.88) K<font color='red'>♦</font> (2 players)
Hero??

Uh, raise turn?

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reading the recent posts and feedback, you guys are all on another level. I am closing this thread feeling awful about my game.

Cheers.

Hey that's fine but dont let if discourage you from reading any further or even commenting because you can only get better by disussing and reading info with player better than yourself.

This is by far my favorite thread on CC and has taught me more than basically anything else here on CC.

I hardly play anymore but still find myself coming back here to check this thread.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey that's fine but dont let if discourage you from reading any further or even commenting because you can only get better by disussing and reading info with player better than yourself.

This is by far my favorite thread on CC and has taught me more than basically anything else here on CC.

I hardly play anymore but still find myself coming back here to check this thread.

thanks man appreciate it

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember we were talking about when to shut down a good session, well this weekends play is enough to convince me not to play tired. I have been at work or driving to work for 160 hours since the 13th and my brain feels fried. I got up two buyins Sat eve but ended down a half after some poor decisions.
Last night I snap called the 22 hand without even stopping to think about what he might have had...It was almost as if my brain didnt even want to think about it.
KT by the way for top boat.
I was sensible enough to stop all cash games after the 13 hands and just played a few freerolls were I also just threw my chips away so I could roll over and go to sleep
Dont play tired.

Last edited:
duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Results,

QJ, stacked off v AA

T8 guy super tank called with 86ss

KJ guy had AA and either tanked hard or slowrolled me,

53s 44 obv

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember we were talking about when to shut down a good session, well this weekends play is enough to convince me not to play tired. I have been at work or driving to work for 160 hours since the 13th and my brain feels fried. I got up two buyins Sat eve but ended down a half after some poor decisions.
Last night I snap called the 22 hand without even stopping to think about what he might have had...It was almost as if my brain didnt even want to think about it.
KT by the way for top boat.
I was sensible enough to stop all cash games after the 13 hands and just played a few freerolls were I also just threw my chips away so I could roll over and go to sleep
Dont play tired.

i know the feeling, (pokerwise, student life still going strong) I palyed my micro milly main for 8 hours last night, and i was 4 hours into my session i regged, eventually had to scale way back from the 12 tables i originally had to 8 then 6 then just the tourney itself

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how did the main go duggs?