Do you usually show your cards?

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, what is the point. Especially players that fold and show, why. Just telling us that you do not have the #%$&# to play, we are not impressed that you folded an ace. Maybe your kicker was an off suit 3, in which case you were very foolish not to have folded sooner. Just my thoughts.

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't do it. But if you do it regularly, you give your opponents free information about your game for free. You shouldn't do this, except when you want to show a bluff, for example, and get the enemy into the tilt

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never EVER show your Cards......never

It's rule number one in poker.

Everyone knows that .... : ) :p

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it depends on each time! I like to show bluffs so people think I'm bluffing all the time it is a bit of a trap!

MarlonCanada

MarlonCanada

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe to tilt my opponent but otherwise know. I just have the settings to muck my hand.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I never do that. I don’t want to give additional information.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I show, sometimes not, when I use a bluff I often write that I was playing but I do it very rarely and I do not consider it a mistake to show my opponent's cards or ask what hand he had

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the hand I'm playing, usually my bluffs don't like to show...

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tourneys i never show them, in cg sometimes.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes I may show my cards, either one or both, it all depends on what I want to achieve from showing them, if I feel the time is right to show a bluff, to make my opponents think I am doing it more than I should be,other times I may show only one card to prove I had something like top pair, but keep them guessing what my other card might be.
Usually though I only do it once I pass the bubble, because if I show the winning hand after the flop, I feel it is a show of respect to my fellow players, they earned it by getting as far as me, and once I achieve the money, I really don't care that much, Poker for me is a hobby, and if it cost me nothing to get in the money, I am more than happy to show my cards.
I try to keep my play friendly, and have a little fun, otherwise what is the point of playing?

When the fun Stops, STOP!

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every hand I show my cards, let everyone know how I play, what cards I enter the pot with, what bets I bluff. I'm generally a very open person.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
rarelly but sometimes i show it.....depend of the game and of the hand

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not show my cards to give less information about my style of play. Probably it is difficult to hide now, there are many services that allow you to find out a lot of information about the player.)

czapa11

czapa11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. What for? To discover my poker tactic? Neeh it would be foolish.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards unless I am trying to induce a very specific reaction out of my opponents, such as put them on tilt.

I think information means everything in this game, and I never want to give it away for free.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never . . . I love how people think 'they will get in player's heads' if they show a bluff . . . yea, like that strategy isn't known by all. You can only benefit from your opponent having little information from you.

AmyricoLiliana

AmyricoLiliana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The card's usually hidden, it doesn't show... But with some poker clients, there's a way for me to show you what I raised... Well, sometimes I do... Of course, not everything... I think it's harder to decide, you bluff.
You mustn't let people at the table know the strategy of the game. Of course, I'm not really a strategy player. I rely on my instincts several times... 🙂
I had a friend who bluffed mightily at the beginning, sacrificing half his chips... But he's still got a big plus on a regular basis... 🙂

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show sometimes to try to tilt my opponents and it sometimes work.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Usually I don't do this even if the hands are rubbish, and when opponents see them, they are the beneficiaries of it.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
How less information the opponent has, how better and that's why I don't show

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, I generally don't show my cards since my playing style may be to continually bet with cards or not so you don't get used to the players telling them that you only bet with good cards:D

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't show my cards. I don't want to show the strength of my cards so my opponents can calculate my cards range.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes show and tilt my opponent when a successful bluff on the river.