Do you usually show your cards?

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)

Most of the time I do not show. However, if I am playing against a good player, I may show them a bluff. This can allow them to pay you off later when you have the nuts. But fish, whales, etc. I will never show unless they pay to see.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general I think this is a bad idea. I'll occasionally show in a friendly game to keep the fish happy if they show first and request (usually request more than once as I may say "I'll show the next one" with a chuckle the first time they request).

It's still fine to use this as a last resort but I have been in situations where I showed a bluff in an attempt to try and loosen the table only to create a tougher situation for myself where I think they are giving me action or playing back at me wider when I'm strong but they actually have a monster. So be aware that it not only effects the rest of the tables' play but it also often effects your play as well, because now you have to determine which players are adjusting and which are not. And sometimes they will make the wrong adjustment because they don't know any better and it will be more difficult to predict their behavior.

It is often better to just keep exploiting their weaknesses without resorting to showing hands and entering leveling wars with lots of moving and unpredictable pieces.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show, it’s better when my tactical moves are hidden from the opponents.

M

Meroveus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People have to pay to see my cards.
I'll make the price reasonable -- say half the pot?
No?
Fine I'll muck 'em then :cool: 🦅

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few situations where I will show my hands in live games, as someone said above to induce a call sometime when I have the nuts

Online, no never. To much is given us free anyway.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI There

I do not agree with that
Why give a hint on yr play
Never do
Rgds

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards to opponent because i dont want give them any more information about my game

A

alfge0808

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I show only when I have good cards but there is a bad player at the table who is giving everyone a bad beat so when there are possibilities I show him to select his hands more.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No and it is not okay now the option to show them , because I must always klick on "no" button.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Auto-muck is on and I haven't thought of any good reason to turn it off yet.

Why give opponents any information they have not paid to receive... whether you're showing bluffs to tilt someone or set up value later; or you're showing someone you had it, you're still giving away free information to the other players about how you play.

Any thinking players can figure out why you're showing pretty easily.

Good luck! :D

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have shown bluffs, but maybe 1 every tournament.

I never show, because as long as everyone thinks you are playing the nuts all the time, you can bluff more often and get away with it.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I read somewhere long ago that there is no point in showing cards in online poker. I don’t know how exactly it’s possible to manage fold equity against different types of players, sometimes showing cards.

P.S. Even with the help of throwing poop on PS, you can increase or decrease fold equity against various types of players )))

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I only do it when I bluff big, I do it to see the reaction of the player to whom I bluffed.

R

Raz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing is a good strategy I use in tournament play. Because I'm constantly switching gears showing a few hands might make the other players (falsely) think they understand my play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I played live poker, I might occationally show a bluff, if I thought, it could tilt the opponent. But other than that you are just giving away free information. I am on online player, and it happen quite regularly, that people show their cards, when everybody fold. And its nice of them to do that, but also a bit naive to be honest.

For instance in a recent MTT I was facing a very large open raise to at least 4BB, when I was in the big blind. I thought, this looked really strong, so I folded a hand, I would normally defend with. The opponent then showed AA, and I was like "ok nice hand and thanks for letting me know, my read was correct". In another recent instance I folded KQs to a 3-bet, and the opponent then showed AKs, once again confirming to me, that I made a good laydown.

I guess, people do that, because they are proud of their hands. But if your goal is to win, then this is not something, you want to be doing. Instead you want to keep people guessing, so that maybe another time you get called by worse.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never. why provide additional information to opponents?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when we show these cards. we give too much information about our game to these opponents. which is not the best thing to do. but sometimes I take the risk of showing my hand. to reinforce my image at the table as a serious player or out of respect for another player that I like and who asks me if he folded his hand well. on the other hand on a part which lasts 5 or 6 hours. I only show my game 3 times at most.

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes show monsters when playing with fellow friends, just to make them believe that I have strong hands when I raise them, have worked quite well as they are somewhat fishy.
Online I never show my hand, as most of people stated, if they want information on me, they'll have to pay for ir.