$50 NLHE Full Ring: Trips in 3b Pot can this really be a fold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wrestler_excited2.gif

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trust me yes I do. I'll play up to 5/10, you have a revolution account right?

My read of you was spot on. All ego. If you were smarter you wouldn't challenge someone who has played far longer than you and won way more than you. There are better spots to find.

You know why 1knl players said snap on the river? Because it's not remotely close once you bet that much. A better player is going to bet smaller on the turn or check. Not in a million years would I or any winning 1k nl player post that hand. Winning 1knl players don't make these kinds of mistakes, ever.

I realize that to Deco and Hack I have a target on my back. I own a training site, I produce software that instructs. I get it. But instead of being adversarial and swinging your you know what's around, why don't you try and learn from each other and listen to what others are saying about situations? Have different opinions and views and argue positions not with the intention of re-enforcing your own ego, but learning from each other.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So is that a yes or a no?

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude you're reading way too far into it let's just ****ing play. Ego is saying you're better than someone and not backing it up. I don't have a big ego. I have confidence. I know how good I am and I know I'd be a huge favorite over you based on how you post. If you disagree the only one stopping the match from happening is you.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you'll play 2/4-5/10 and commit to 5k hands I'll pay your rake.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohh-yeahh.gif

Last edited:
Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realize that to Deco and Hack I have a target on my back. I own a training site, I produce software that instructs. I get it. But instead of being adversarial and swinging your you know what's around, why don't you try and learn from each other and listen to what others are saying about situations? Have different opinions and views and argue positions not with the intention of re-enforcing your own ego, but learning from each other.

Dunno what to say to this.
Because I do not take the same line as you, you now think I've a vendetta against you? :s

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dunno what to say to this.
Because I do not take the same line as you, you now think I've a vendetta against you? :s

No, not at all. :) That was bad grammar and didn't mean to include you in this specifically. I just mean I know in general when I get targeted and by who. I think you're extremely respectful when we have a difference of opinion, and that's how it should be.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude you're reading way too far into it let's just ****ing play. Ego is saying you're better than someone and not backing it up. I don't have a big ego. I have confidence. I know how good I am and I know I'd be a huge favorite over you based on how you post. If you disagree the only one stopping the match from happening is you.

Yes, clearly this isn't about ego. You're looking to win money because you have a huge edge on me.

You got goaded into this ego match by others, and there's no good response by me. I've already wasted more time than I normally ever would on a thread trying to offer friendly advice, and I don't have any more time to waste.

I'll tell you what, you think about it for a couple of days. If you still want to play me, then we'll set something up at a given time. I'm sure I already know your response... ooh ah ooh ha, let's go right now. But honestly, I just have other better things to do.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
John no offense but you have been way more disrespectful than anyone else in this thread. Every comment has been laced with snide comments towards hack.

Also if he is bad, then as a poker player, you do not have anything better to do than take a fish's money at mid stakes.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is starting to remind me of Zach and Marshall28 a bit.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
John no offense but you have been way more disrespectful than anyone else in this thread. Every comment has been laced with snide comments towards hack.

Also if he is bad, then as a poker player, you do not have anything better to do than take a fish's money at mid stakes.

His very first response to me was, are you freaking kidding? As if I'm just pounding keys for my advice. And it derailed from there. Someone is disrespectful to me, I don't put up with it. So show me where you think it's been me, and not him as well.

No I don't need to be goaded into grudge matches. It has nothing to do with taking money. I can find many fish whenever I want. I'm very secure in my poker game, and know how good I am. People that make these challenges generally are not.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not goading you im just saying you are coming off worse in this thread than anybody else.

Yea Id like to see a HU match and Id probably put action on it but w/e.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, clearly this isn't about ego. You're looking to win money because you have a huge edge on me.

You got goaded into this ego match by others, and there's no good response by me. I've already wasted more time than I normally ever would on a thread trying to offer friendly advice, and I don't have any more time to waste.

I'll tell you what, you think about it for a couple of days. If you still want to play me, then we'll set something up at a given time. I'm sure I already know your response... ooh ah ooh ha, let's go right now. But honestly, I just have other better things to do.

I can't play right now anyway, I'm posting from class lol was just trying to get you to commit now. I promise you things won't change though. Poker is not just a way to make money for me, it's a game I enjoy playing/learning/studying. I've played a ton of people better than me and although money is important (I'm in school with no other job), I generally like to play for enjoyment and even if in the next few days I come to the realization that you're actually probably some sick crusher (lolz) while I suck (which I do), I'd still want to play.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not goading you im just saying you are coming off worse in this thread than anybody else.

Yea Id like to see a HU match and Id probably put action on it but w/e.

I agree I've come off bad. Worse than anyone else though is debatable. :)

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'm going to be honest. You owning a training site/coaching doesn't matter to me. Just based on reading your posts I got the idea your skill set was probably similar to a winning player maybe at 50nl or maybe 100nl. Maybe my read was wrong maybe it was right. I had nothing against you at all. Then in that other thread I guess I was a bit blunt and you took offense to it and we had a small back and forth. I don't take things personally and I had no problem with you whatsoever. The part about me wishing to play HU was meant to be a joke, since in that other thread I think I remember you turning it down. Then you called me dumb for wanting to play you HU, implying you were way better than me. Obviously as I said I like playing regs HU in the first place and yes I think I'd have a solid edge on you. I could be wrong, I've never seen you play or anything but that's just my honest opinion. If we play we can find out.

My read of you was spot on. All ego. If you were smarter you wouldn't challenge someone who has played far longer than you and won way more than you. There are better spots to find.

This is pretty funny. Sure you've played far longer than me. You mean back when you could play 8/7 and profit? Back when you just had to sit at a table and 5 fish would sit with you? I'd bet I've played more regs than you. I'd bet I've put myself in tough spots more than you have. I play this game to compete and learn not to just bumhunt and care only about ev. I'm actually not sure whether you have won more than me, but it's irrelevant so I'm not going to get into that at all.

None of this would have happened if you didn't post this: "hehe, now you're delusional. No you don't."

You find it funny that I'd think I had an edge on you, talk about how you've won more than me and played longer than me, then don't want to play when I issue a challenge. Yet I'm the one with the ego...

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't play right now anyway, I'm posting from class lol was just trying to get you to commit now. I promise you things won't change though. Poker is not just a way to make money for me, it's a game I enjoy playing/learning/studying. I've played a ton of people better than me and although money is important (I'm in school with no other job), I generally like to play for enjoyment and even if in the next few days I come to the realization that you're actually probably some sick crusher (lolz) while I suck (which I do), I'd still want to play.

Let's be real, it's an ego/grudge match. There are better ways to learn.

Stay in school man.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Gotta +1 this even if it does reignite Johns Deco vendetta conspiracy.

I value your opinions and I'm always glad to see you commenting on hands John but I feel your conduct in this thread has been pretty poor.
As for the HU4rollz you really shouldn't take it personally it happens in this forum about twice a week it's enetertaining. I'd regulary do it myself if I didn't suck at HU.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also if we play I'll record the session and explain my thought process so people here can learn :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gotta +1 this even if it does reignite Johns Deco vendetta conspiracy.

I value your opinions and I'm always glad to see you commenting on hands John but I feel your conduct in this thread has been pretty poor.
As for the HU4rollz you really shouldn't take it personally it happens in this forum about twice a week it's enetertaining. I'd regulary do it myself if I didn't suck at HU.

I don't have some conspiracy. I just have a little insight into what I'm talking about here.

It's funny because I even asked some of my poker friends what they thought about these comments, and their opinions are much different. I think some of my comments come off as harsh simply because hack was arguing two sides of the same point, and not listening to what others had said. He already knew what responses he wanted. And then to single me out based on what's transpired is not fair.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You find it funny that I'd think I had an edge on you, talk about how you've won more than me and played longer than me, then don't want to play when I issue a challenge. Yet I'm the one with the ego...

You said you'd love to play me for rolls. You initiated it. I was responding to you. I ignored the obvious goading so people in here could get their thrills.

Challenging someone to play for rolls is dumb and completely ego driven. Very good players, and I've coached a lot of good pros and celebrities, names you would know, have a handle on their egos. That's what makes them good players. When people fly off the handle, or feel a need to thump their chest and challenge people at every whim, it's a clear sign they have tilt issues. In HU's play this gets personified and exposed by good players.

Regardless, I'm done with this thread. I know I didn't come off my best in this thread, and that's embarrassing.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HU4ROLLZ is just an expression. I don't want to bet you my entire roll, I just want to play you HU at both of our normal stakes (your coaching bio says you play up to 3/6, I'm fine if you want to do 1/2 or 2/4 though).

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this thread is boring now, post more hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker