$50 NLHE Full Ring: Trips in 3b Pot can this really be a fold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not for nothin but I wanna see a HU! Kinda looks weak if you keep backin down from it.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, so what leads you to believe you're better than me based on my posting? At least maybe we can learn something out of this.

The first thing I do when starting a session is I look for any 1/6 or 1/9 in the 200-600nl lobby. I sit with all of them. If they'll play I play. I've played a ton of regs HU and think I'm near the top out of 400nl regs and probably upper-middle for 600. Most posts by you that I read, it seems you argue for very specific direct exploitations. Generally, most msnl/hsnl regs tend to think more about ranges and how to play entire ranges whereas the micro/ssnl regs tend to be much more individual vacuum hand plans. Before doing any research at all, my guess would have been like I said maybe winning 100nl reg. Obviously that could be way off and I'm in no way shape or form implying that you post bad advice and that I have any evidence that you didn't play/crush higher. I'm simply saying that most of the people whose thought process is as I perceieve it to be in these HA threads tend to be about at that level. Obviously I think I, as someone who is one of the better msnl HU regs, would have an edge on you.

That said like I said I just like playing anyone, and even if you turned out to be some 1knl crusher I would have no problem playing you, which is why I had no problem talking shit and trying to get a HU match without doing any research on you whatsoever. It's just that the more I read the more I think my initial read was probably right. Only one way to find out right?

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The simplest answer is no, most people would not fold this. I wouldn't fold this either. You win some you lose some! Like Gramm was used to say( if you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen) it happens every one. It's not your fault brother! It's just the way it is . Someday you'll be on the other end of that, guaranteed !

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold KJos to 3 bets from a dude with a 3bet% of 4. What was your STL%? As played, I would chk the turn. If he chks river, then I value bet. If he bets river, I call (unless a J hits of course).

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing I do when starting a session is I look for any 1/6 or 1/9 in the 200-600nl lobby. I sit with all of them. If they'll play I play. I've played a ton of regs HU and think I'm near the top out of 400nl regs and probably upper-middle for 600. Most posts by you that I read, it seems you argue for very specific direct exploitations. Generally, most msnl/hsnl regs tend to think more about ranges and how to play entire ranges whereas the micro/ssnl regs tend to be much more individual vacuum hand plans. Before doing any research at all, my guess would have been like I said maybe winning 100nl reg. Obviously that could be way off and I'm in no way shape or form implying that you post bad advice and that I have any evidence that you didn't play/crush higher. I'm simply saying that most of the people whose thought process is as I perceieve it to be in these HA threads tend to be about at that level. Obviously I think I, as someone who is one of the better msnl HU regs, would have an edge on you.

That said like I said I just like playing anyone, and even if you turned out to be some 1knl crusher I would have no problem playing you, which is why I had no problem talking shit and trying to get a HU match without doing any research on you whatsoever. It's just that the more I read the more I think my initial read was probably right. Only one way to find out right?

Ya, I don't think about ranges and how to profitably merge my ranges. :) My coaching page hasn't been updated in 2 years, and my stats in over 3. Jesus I look like a kid in that picture.

You're so FOS. I was going to just let it drag on and on, but I'm calling you out man. Look, I'll start a thread on a site with good high stakes regs right now. I'll ask them if a winning 600nl+ player would EVER... EVER.. EVER post a hand like you did for this thread. I guarantee that no one will say yes. I've already stated my reasons why. I would never post a hand like this EVER. And the reason I even took a harsh tone is because you're so beyond delusional it's comical.

You know why I know I have a huge edge on you? It's because of this thread.

And I'm not sure why people are saying I did not accept. I accepted. I'm just a busy person and can't sit around trying to fit my schedule to meet up with someone. It's not the highest EV play for me.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd of thought if you had a huge edge on someone; then it's likely going to be the highest of EV to play them?

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I'm not sure why people are saying I did not accept. I accepted.

Woohoo! Should be fun to rail, and hopefully learn a thing or two!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd of thought if you had a huge edge on someone; then it's likely going to be the highest of EV to play them?

No, I can find plenty of fish. I have a busy life. 2 kids, planning a wedding, and run a business. Making time to meet someone is not +EV.

All my years never had anyone challenge me to a HU's match. But CC you guys did a good job...

My long time poker friends want me to play this fool for rolls... but I think that's harsh.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
k cool I'm gonna be busy Friday night through Sunday but if you want to play tonight, tomorrow afternoon, or some time next week let me know when would be a good time. What stakes you want to play?

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets just whip em out and compare. I will bring the ruler.
tape_measure.jpg

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets just whip em out and compare. I will bring the ruler.

Already stated... but ty. I'm stuck. Kid is goaded into a HU's match. He takes it on... I ignore it. He challenges me... I have no good response even though I have no desire to do so. Online Hu's matches are ridiculous ego bating, and being online we don't even know if we're really playing each other. It's just plain dumb.

My read of you was spot on. All ego. If you were smarter you wouldn't challenge someone who has played far longer than you and won way more than you. There are better spots to find.

You know why 1knl players said snap on the river? Because it's not remotely close once you bet that much. A better player is going to bet smaller on the turn or check. Not in a million years would I or any winning 1k nl player post that hand. Winning 1knl players don't make these kinds of mistakes, ever.

I realize that I have a target on my back. I own a training site, I produce software that instructs. I get it. But instead of being adversarial and swinging your you know what's around, why don't you try and learn from each other and listen to what others are saying about situations? Have different opinions and views and argue positions not with the intention of re-enforcing your own ego, but learning from each other.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had played 0 HU matches I'd have significantly less money than I do now

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had played 0 HU matches I'd have significantly less money than I do now

Playing HU's and HU's grudge matches = different.

Any ways, I have my kids until Sunday, so it will have to be sometime next week. My schedule gets quite crammed. I'm spending time on this thread, and ignoring more important stuff. But lesson learned. Just ignore people when they aren't respectful. I mean 8+ years on 2+2. I have tons of welled posts on there and I've been a respected MSNL poster on their for years. Never once a grudge match. Played and meet up with many of those peeps at high stakes tournaments over the years, and never anything but respect.

But I should know better, and I'm only to blame for letting a kid get to me.

Last edited:
hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's your 2p2 name?

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we just approach poker differently. I've played HU matches against almost all my friends that play similar stakes and I just enjoy the competition. Poker just isn't all about money for me, that's just a bonus.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also I find it kinda funny that you keep repeating the term kid as if that'll get to me or something. I'm 23, you're 40+ right? Oh no I'm so insulted I'm not old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker