$50 NLHE Full Ring: Trips in 3b Pot can this really be a fold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing HU's and HU's grudge matches = different.

Any ways, I have my kids until Sunday, so it will have to be sometime next week. My schedule gets quite crammed. I'm spending time on this thread, and ignoring more important stuff. But lesson learned. Just ignore people when they aren't respectful. I mean 8+ years on 2+2. I have tons of welled posts on there and I've been a respected MSNL poster on their for years. Never once a grudge match. Played and meet up with many of those peeps at high stakes tournaments over the years, and never anything but respect.

But I should know better, and I'm only to blame for letting a kid get to me.

I usually try to avoid confrontation and just be liked by all. Hate knowing someone doesn't like me lol. But I must say that you asked for all of this. You really were disrespectful to start with (though you disagree) and then you tell him you are a better player. You say that it wouldn't be wise to play you HU. And now, when the challenge has been proposed, you're making excuses.

I don't know you whatsoever and only read a couple of your posts. It seemed as if you are 100% professional and respectful. After reading this entire thread, that has changed considerably. I think you have a HUGE ego and love to berate people, though you try to do it in a manner that says you are still that awesome, care-free, professional player.

Now, if this were me, I would be apologizing and saying "You're right, I was wrong" but instead you're still saying you're better, he's worse and STILL you are turning him down. Saying you can't this week but will next week is the same as turning it down. You're hope (in my eyes, could be wrong, but doubtful) is that this will all blow over by Monday and we can just go on our merry way.

Sorry bud but I think you dug a hole and to regain any credibility you gotta play him. Don't take this as me being good or anything of the sort. If ANY player on here offered HU to me I would respectfully decline INSTANTLY! I am, thus far, a break-even/slightly profitable player. But you give yourself an air of being amazing.

To say you didn't have time is kinda moot too considering you've spent more than enough time in this thread today. You could've easily played him with this time. Anyway, best of luck. Prolly won't be giving your posts as much respect now tbh. Seen a different side to you now.

Now back to HU!!!! :fight:

PS. The use of the word 'kid' in your last couple posts REALLY put it over the top if you ask me. Very subtle, yet very rude. You're stooping lower and lower so far ITT.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also I find it kinda funny that you keep repeating the term kid as if that'll get to me or something. I'm 23, you're 40+ right? Oh no I'm so insulted I'm not old!

+1

Any day I can be called a kid at the age of 27 is great! Hopefully I'm still called that when im 60. Make me feel a little better about my old, decrepit self lol.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In.

fwiw, I don't think John has been out of line at all. Just two players who are smart enough to tell others how to play that won't budge on their ideals. These threads are a dime a dozen but maybe the ending will be a nice twist.

As far as the hand, imo, when he shuts down ott I'm never really folding. His x/r is laughable and he's just lucky to run into one of the very few hands that'll pay him off.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually try to avoid confrontation and just be liked by all. Hate knowing someone doesn't like me lol. But I must say that you asked for all of this. You really were disrespectful to start with (though you disagree) and then you tell him you are a better player. You say that it wouldn't be wise to play you HU. And now, when the challenge has been proposed, you're making excuses.

I don't know you whatsoever and only read a couple of your posts. It seemed as if you are 100% professional and respectful. After reading this entire thread, that has changed considerably. I think you have a HUGE ego and love to berate people, though you try to do it in a manner that says you are still that awesome, care-free, professional player.

Now, if this were me, I would be apologizing and saying "You're right, I was wrong" but instead you're still saying you're better, he's worse and STILL you are turning him down. Saying you can't this week but will next week is the same as turning it down. You're hope (in my eyes, could be wrong, but doubtful) is that this will all blow over by Monday and we can just go on our merry way.

Sorry bud but I think you dug a hole and to regain any credibility you gotta play him. Don't take this as me being good or anything of the sort. If ANY player on here offered HU to me I would respectfully decline INSTANTLY! I am, thus far, a break-even/slightly profitable player. But you give yourself an air of being amazing.

To say you didn't have time is kinda moot too considering you've spent more than enough time in this thread today. You could've easily played him with this time. Anyway, best of luck. Prolly won't be giving your posts as much respect now tbh. Seen a different side to you now.

PS. The use of the word 'kid' in your last couple posts REALLY put it over the top if you ask me. Very subtle, yet very rude. You're stooping lower and lower so far ITT.

Lame needle. I think if hack wants to, its relevant. But what you're doing is just childish imo.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lame needle. I think if hack wants to, its relevant. But what you're doing is just childish imo.

Hey by all means he doesn't have to. But to take the line he did and then make excuses the whole time afterwards, not seeing how its childish what I said?

The guy has a huge ego, calls someone a kid (very disrespectful) and berates him, and what I said is childish? Just giving my .02 cents

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'm not stupid. I know it's going to be a continued goading of me and siding with him because I'm not the one all about playing HU's.

Ya, that's not really true AT ALL. I offered advice, he responded disrespectfully. It happens. I should have just ignored it at that point instead of participating. When people disrespect me, I don't feel a need to respect them back. I think you've missed how this thread went down, or probably rightfully skipped over much of it. He said he wanted to play HU's and was better than me, I responded to that.

I've been more than conciliatory if you read the thread. It has nothing to do with being wrong or right honestly.

I have two children who are right here in the next room. You are going to play HU's with two kids 4 and 8 who can have a need at any given time? And I'm working, and also looking at this thread (far too much). This is my last post.

And I said kid because adults don't get goaded into grudge matches, or respond like he initially did. Adults say... "I didn't really think about it that way, or could you explain more, or I'm not really sure what you mean, it doesn't make sense to me, but maybe you could expand, etc... " Not, "are you joking?". I could point out countless things, but why? I was not at my best either, and I've admitted that, he hasn't but that doesn't matter because he's the one taking the forefront about wanting to play HU's and that's what you want in a nutshell.

FYI I've never said I'm better than anyone. That's what he's been saying. I pointed out that you can't bet/fold the turn, and I've played long enough against enough of the best players in the world to know they would not either. He thinks he needs to have merged/floating and bluff ranges against a FR nit. lol I mean... this has spiraled out of control.

I will just walk away at this point. If I have time to play him I will. If I don't, I won't.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just read your post and it's pretty clear that you're not adjusting your thinking/strategy to your opponents. So if this was a decent good/tricky reg, I agree with what you're saying about why you played the hand the way you did. But it's not, and so this line of reasoning shouldn't apply imho.

Hope you see that as helpful.

The plan was definitely to bet turn shove river. Whether that was a good plan is another question.

That's good you had a plan. I think a couple of us are trying to point out that in future situations, you may want to consider a slightly different plan.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that you think betting turn/shoving river is bad? I can see you saying that calling his ch/shove was bad but I find it hard to believe bet turn/shove river not being a profitable line, especially given that some people seem to think that he takes this cb flop ch/shove turn line with 100% of his value combos.

is the actual exchange. You started being condescending with your "that's good you had a plan" post. But whatever not worth bickering over. Let me know next week if you want to play.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not stupid. I know it's going to be a continued goading of me and siding with him because I'm not the one all about playing HU's.

Ya, that's not really true AT ALL. I offered advice, he responded disrespectfully. It happens. I should have just ignored it at that point instead of participating. When people disrespect me, I don't feel a need to respect them back. I think you've missed how this thread went down, or probably rightfully skipped over much of it. He said he wanted to play HU's and was better than me, I responded to that.

I've been more than conciliatory if you read the thread. It has nothing to do with being wrong or right honestly.

I have two children who are right here in the next room. You are going to play HU's with two kids 4 and 8 who can have a need at any given time? And I'm working, and also looking at this thread (far too much). This is my last post.

And I said kid because adults don't get goaded into grudge matches, or respond like he initially did. Adults say... "I didn't really think about it that way, or could you explain more, or I'm not really sure what you mean, it doesn't make sense to me, but maybe you could expand, etc... " Not, "are you joking?". I could point out countless things, but why? I was not at my best either, and I've admitted that, he hasn't but that doesn't matter because he's the one taking the forefront about wanting to play HU's and that's what you want in a nutshell.

FYI I've never said I'm better than anyone. That's what he's been saying. I pointed out that you can't bet/fold the turn, and I've played long enough against enough of the best players in the world to know they would not either. He thinks he needs to have merged/floating and bluff ranges against a FR nit. lol I mean... this has spiraled out of control.

I will just walk away at this point. If I have time to play him I will. If I don't, I won't.

I have read the entire thread, word for word. Point out where his attitude came in first?

But on another note, you took the high road here and realized you were wrong. And for that, I commend you. Still don't see the need for calling someone a kid, but at least you realized you were wrong in your final reactions to all that has been said.

I honestly think you are just putting a different tone than the one intended to everything hack has said initially. Its very easy to do on the internet when all you have is text I suppose.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, enough so.

PM Debi when she gets back in anyone want this repoened.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you manage to arrange a HU via PMs or something then we definitely want a rail thread though (just keep it civil) :)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they've arranged a HU match and Hack said he will make a vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker