Sunglasses at the table

B

bkr3026

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes it a tad bit more difficult bc I like to watch peoples eyes in person, but you should be paying more attention to the person's play.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I once read that when a person worries pupils dilate !!! I think glasses can hide the excitement !!!

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Некоторые носят солнцезащитные очки из-за того, что люди думают, что они более трудно читать. Некоторые из стиля, и я играю в Интернете, я не нуждаюсь в них

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to wear sunglasses, but stopped never felt right to me.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play live poker much. When I do I do not really see people wearing sunglasses. So could not really say as to what tells they have with or without the glasses specifically. I am sure either way you could still tell from other body movements (other then the eyes with or without sunglasses).

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sunglasses are overrated in the poker world, me just saying...

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Makes no difference to me. If you know where you stand in the hand they can wear a bag over there head all I care.

G

Gangsta1394

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are dumb. A controlled player doesn't need them and can hide emotions with nothing covering. on that topic, why not dress up a bit to play live? look good, feel good, play good, right?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could never bring myself to do it, I always just felt stupid and uncomfortable wearing sunglasses inside.

And what others have pointed out is correct, the eyes aren't the only things that give off tells - there are a heap of other visual cues you can take.

Having said all that though, I think wearing sunglasses is probably +EV. There's really no downside to you as a player if you wear them, and if they block even a few small tells then that's a net positive for you.

D

dakid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like sunglass play. I know some purists who hate it. It does cut down on potential tells, obviously, but I don't see it as any more difficult.

C

CARDMAN007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont care if somone wears shades its not gonna stop me from picking up tells and i would only wear shades so i can watch others more often without them knowing it i guess but i dont think sunglasses are that important they dont hide that much as far as tells.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me its important only for beginner...

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's just stupid to use anything at the poker table, it's just a show-off

To hide emotions?
to look cool?
Maybe even come to the tournament in the golden mask?
it will be even better! much better!!!:)

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the ladies is the perfect mirror to fix your make-up. To me it does not work. wearing glasses player wants to hide her eyes, but to understand his strategy for this there are plenty of other ways.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We live in a time that everything is allowed as long as it is with respect and respecting the rules of poker, so I do not mind what other players do, I focus on my game

A

adrianB1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never played against a player with sunglasses.Eyes are important you can read the player better but the are other ways and other signs

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live play it is a huge advantage Inbelieve!

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like wearing glasses playing and it does not bother me other players at the table using.

I do not use luck factor :)

To identify something in the action of opposing players, there are several ways beyond the eyes. Maybe some will demonstrate more for them.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problem with people wearing reflective sunglasses if that is their choice.

T

theresets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not focus on this at all. Don't let someone wearing glasses change your decision on what you think is optimal. It's a massive leveling war with yourself and you are bound to make decisions that are incorrect.