Chips
I only play online. So even though people play in a helmet

M

mex4el

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glasses for playing on the Internet uselessly)):)

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sunglasses can be usefull for some players who hyde some emotion whyle playing.....

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wear a hood and glasses. Them HD cams are always watching you where they can get a good read. Lol

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you see it as a runaway it will surely become that. If you consider that your stealing is the reading of body language, then you must learn to interpret some more things.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
How much does it affect your ability to play against a player wearing sunglasses (dark glasses) at a live table. As for me there are many more ways to read a person other that their eyes and such. What other tells do you see at the tables?
Are suitable ?
pokermag.jpg

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to express myself, so it is definitely not for me.

I find if you are using glasses its because you have something to hide

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like the glasses because i cant see well so I prefer to play without them

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

Sunglasses at table is a good advice to hide your face reactions .Some opponents are really good and can read what are you looking .So you can hide nervous or relaxing eye....

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey, some just prefer doing it with the lights off, so it should not come as a surprise that the sunglasses come on when the lights are not turned off.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like whether you wear sunglasses or not, people that good at looking for tells would be able to do so anyways, it would only slow them down a little bit. I've never played live (yet), but I don't think I'd bother with them. I wear glasses and it's a pain to put sunglasses over top of them. I think in the long run, it would be better not wear them anyways, so you can learn to manage any tells you give off.

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They make players look too serious and intimidating for a 1/3 game. That is not the mood I want to see at the table. I'd prefer a 1/3 table with people having fun, being relaxed and not taking things too seriously.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the more difficult it is for the better opponent, especially if he shows his reactions on his face

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunglasses are allowed at the table, and many people like wearing them. So I see no point in complaining about it, if I decide to play live poker I will have to adapt and find other poker tells than using the opponent's eyes. You could read Caro's book of poker tells for more information. Good luck at the tables!

K

karkachi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a good idea, yeah, man, because when you hit the flop the players usually have a reaction, so I really like wearing sunglasses.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sun glasses at a poker table makes you look like you think you know what you are doing, which in direct contradiction to the fact that if you knew what you were doing, you wouldnt be wearing sun glasses.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Personally, I play without sunglasses
The sunglasses mask some facial appearances and expressions that may reflect the player's personality and condition. Faces play a crucial role in determining personal impressions, as the shape of the face affects our perception of the opponent and our evaluation of it

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Indifferent to the appearance and behavior of players at the table. However, just as indifferent to their cards. What emotions can there be if the winning of a million dollars is still ahead?

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I myself have 3 different shades of glasses that i'll wear depending on the lighting in the room but i wear glasses all the time so to me don't really care :top:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don'tknow about this.
But i guess it is ok,if you want sunglasses on tables why no.
Maybe somebody don't like it,but for me it is oke.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is indifferent the apperance. i dont have the habit to use sunglasses, but i respect who use. I dont see one advantage to use.

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything that makes you comfortable is valid!

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some

I have wore sunglasses at the table before. I don't always ware them but on occasions I have put them on.

M

MyPokerCoaching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though I am not wearing sunglasses when I play live, many are making fun of this without any reason.

It is the fact that the lens of your eyeball widens based on your excitement levels in the body and that could be indication of what you have for some players.

I guess very few would be able to notice it, but since you can't control that reaction I kind of agree that glasses can help players who are not comfortable at the tables.