Poker and Marijuana

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I played after smoking and lost two monthly payments with a smile on my face. The next day I had a moral hangover :-(

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would anybody Handicap themselves by getting hi? if your serious about winning

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL

I just finished checking to see if poker and alcohol are compatible . to answer your question:) now need to check with marijuana:) thank you you you have the best posts :)

Too funny, this post has been posted many times. And I think it shouldn't be asked on here. Just like the cigarette and poker question. Come on peepz, use your thinking caps!!!! LOL:D

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's not a good combination because marijuana would not leave you 100% focused, and that would only make you lose.

I totally disagree, I suffer from ADHD and weed helps me focus tremendously. I am all over the place if I can't or don't smoke.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in chronic pain and medical marijuana is what works best for my pain. Was on morphine sulfate for 12 years and was rarely pain free until I started eating MMJ oil. I got my card to try anything new but thought MMJ was a joke but it turned out to be GREAT MEDICINE!!!:D:D

Bakterium

Bakterium

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It helps to relax and distract from how your bankroll takes a more concentrated player, fish.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any type of drug that affects your psychological as it is the case is detrimental to maintaining your focus on the game in addition to leading to death in the long run. Stands and drugs definitely do not match and all those who try to maculate the sport by mixing their dirty vices and of low level with the practice of the sport tend to be losers of low level

A

AliceBazooka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker & Marijuana: my perspective

Poker and Marijuana! How do you consider this compatibility option?

I consider marijuana use a choice that each individual must make for their self and thankfully I can do so in my country now. I believe every individual is different and how they respond to marijuana will differ in some ways. For me marijuana is clearly a better recreational choice than alcohol but I would not expect anyone else to use it based on my reasoning.
Marijuana is a distraction but I believe like most distractions the user can control to the distraction or let it control them.
Marijuana stimulates my creative and playful natures and if I channel that into the poker game I play as well as when straight.
Being stoned or straight has less to do with how I play than whether I am chasing opportunities or recognizing them.:D

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any type of drug that affects your psychological as it is the case is detrimental to maintaining your focus on the game in addition to leading to death in the long run. Stands and drugs definitely do not match and all those who try to maculate the sport by mixing their dirty vices and of low level with the practice of the sport tend to be losers of low level

LMAO, talk about close minded. Are you saying all medications (DRUGS) are bad? There are many people that deal with mental health and psychological issues every second of every day. Some of them great men and woman that have served our country, some of the greatest minds we have known. Millions of people from many walks of life, and all of them deal with it differently. some with help from approved pharmaceutical medications and some of us from a plant. The difference in my ability to concentrate and focus is greatly improved when I smoke. Marijuana does definitely help some people, in more ways than one. Its not a cure all, but helps with more illnesses,side effects from medications/treatments and pain. Than any other medication on the market. Been around since the beginning of time and and has more uses than any pharmaceutical ever created. I have so many more opinions on this,but I will stop the rant. Sorry all

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The difference between medicine and poison is the dose. This is good for online poker as well. The problem with marijuana is that it clears the way for cocaine. Try to have your head done, cocaine is dangerous. I only drink beer, lol off obv game.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think using marijuana before the game will not be a good idea.
I do not advise anyone to do that!

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think using marijuana before the game will not be a good idea.
I do not advise anyone to do that!

Hey, like..... That's just your opinion man.

here's mine:

don't listen to this guy.
try this :)

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMAO, talk about close minded. Are you saying all medications (DRUGS) are bad? There are many people that deal with mental health and psychological issues every second of every day. Some of them great men and woman that have served our country, some of the greatest minds we have known. Millions of people from many walks of life, and all of them deal with it differently. some with help from approved pharmaceutical medications and some of us from a plant. The difference in my ability to concentrate and focus is greatly improved when I smoke. Marijuana does definitely help some people, in more ways than one. Its not a cure all, but helps with more illnesses,side effects from medications/treatments and pain. Than any other medication on the market. Been around since the beginning of time and and has more uses than any pharmaceutical ever created. I have so many more opinions on this,but I will stop the rant. Sorry all

Cheers friend :)

IvanovaES

IvanovaES

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you smoke in moderation, it will help to relax not to be nervous and concentrate

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
difference between medicine and poison is the dose

The difference between medicine and poison is the dose. This is good for online poker as well. The problem with marijuana is that it clears the way for cocaine. Try to have your head done, cocaine is dangerous. I only drink beer, lol off obv game.

So, if pot is a gateway drug to cocaine, then please notify the CDC to remove all, cough meds., caffeine, chocolate, etc., etc. Addiction is both a biochemical abnormality and a specific portion of the brain that only certain ppl have. So just sit back and smoke one. Promise, it will make you feel good.
Ps: Alcohol addiction is only second to heroin. Both withdraws can kill you. Pot has 0 physical withdraw and NO documented cases of overdose or physical addiction. :p

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...not a smoker of any kind..just like a beer or so in moderation...thanks darrell

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lot of you seem to have a big misconception on smoking pot. Sure, if you're a first timer or rarely do it, you're going to get super baked and can't function. But for those who have a high tolerance to it, they'll be fine and can function properly and get stuff done.

As usual I agree with my ChiTownBrother

As a daily smoker it has no affect on my gaming. I have held very lofty work positions where I don't smoke during work hours and I have waited tables stoned off my ass..and I was good at it.

I do not drink, take pills, or use any other substance. While poker may not be my best game I have won World Series in Strat Baseball, won trophies at the world Axis&Allies tournament, etc....

So to each their own, I need to move west to Colorado or North to Thunder Bay

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checking alcohol in poker was not quite successful, with marijuana not tested (prohibited in the country)
So if someone tried, tell me (just interesting):D:D:D:D:D