How You kill your time when are you playing?

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people have stated above that it's good to multitask and do something that you enjoy to keep active but I would have to disagree. If your brain is focusing on other factors then you won't focus on what's important, poker itself. If you're not able to play poker without getting bored halfway through then either you need to take more frequent breaks, avoid tournaments altogether (although they offer 5 minute breaks every 1 hour) or just stop playing poker..

Don't forget poker is something you do to have fun not to make you bored (unless its your job, which in this case you should be fully engaged in your games in order to profit the most as your salary depends on it).

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:( It has happened to me a lot, there are times that I manage to get to the top of the list, playing very well, but it takes so long that sometimes I risk with hands that I know I will lose but impatience wins me

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually listen to music. When there is a pause, I just close my eyes and wait for the continuation of the game to the music.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very impatient and it spends to me that when I play the poker I always start and it continued well, first I am not considered to be a bad alone player that the impatience me can and that's why I usually do not come with a lot of frequency to the final tables and only I remain with the crumbs. I hope someone happens to him and that do to stay entertaining.

I play 4-6 tourneys at 2 sites and while i'm playing i'm always very busy.
Here is my combo to save time and to enjoy my time nearby the PCs.
CorelDraw+ArtCam+AutoCad+Winamp or Educational videos+Poker.
2 laptops + 3 larger screens.

I often play poker with left hand on the second mouse, right hand on the main mouse, i use it for drawing... not using keyboard shortcuts for poker on the second laptop, cause i prefer to use keyboard shortcuts on the main laptop for my work.

I enjoy my work, and i'm self employed, so it means that by playing poker i distract myself while i'm working. However I do enjoy my daily duties at the PC as much as i enjoy playing poker.

Plus from time to time i play poker nearby my cnc machines, while they work i have to observe the process and change wood or tools periodically, it happens during the 5 minute breaks at the end of hour.

If playing several tourneys and doing some job looks difficult to you, then try to do x2 times more for few weeks... For example play 2 times more of the play-money tourneys (want 4? play 8) at the same time plus do twice more of your favorite business at the PC, do it for several weeks to gain skill and practice your attention and reaction, it's easy... < then step back to desired mode, you'll discover that it's sooooo easy to do x2 times less then usual.

P.S. something to think about:
You can not kill time, but time will kill you.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not that I'm killing time, but I'm still running a household, I make all meals from scratch so many times I am cooking elaborate meals while playing, cleaning, laundry etc. This makes for a few misclicks :)

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very impatient and it spends to me that when I play the poker I always start and it continued well, first I am not considered to be a bad alone player that the impatience me can and that's why I usually do not come with a lot of frequency to the final tables and only I remain with the crumbs. I hope someone happens to him and that do to stay entertaining.

By playing poker.

Impatience will hurt you as a poker player.

If you find yourself getting bored between hands add more tables to the mix.

Play some good music while you play or even a video in the background. Patience is a strong key to being a good poker player. Not the only key but important piece to the puzzle.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:)
I got 5 monitors in total. 2 laptops + 2 screens and a desktop PC with a screen.
Playing 4-8tables at 1 screen, mostly freerolls at different sites.
Drawing 2d-3d models and programming during the gambling.
Watching and mostly listening to educational videos at the 3rd screen.
Second laptop operates CNC machine.
Desktop PC operates another CNC machine + HD cameras on both machines.
Quite often I play just 1 table, some MTT, using voice control... doing workout and other things around the desktop during voice control sessions, wireless mouse isn't a option when you're lifting heavy things or manually install things in the machine.

I got another working desk at another place, using 3 screens there for 3 cnc machines and i'm playing several poker tables there when i'm bored or tired of heavy hand work. Listening music there instead of drawing and watching educational videos. Sometimes do welding and other things there while playing at 1 screen. Nothing unusual, just wireless mouse nearby and listening to sound alarms.

I just can't do one thing, need multitasking to feel myself alive.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch sports at the same time.​

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play at 3-4 table's will help me with that. Then when I get into the interesting stages I play only the tournament table.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 2, 11 dollars tournaments and rebrought in one of them while I was reading a book. I lost in them quite early

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play when I want to play. If I get bored, I start doing something else.

That's the rule - If you are not interested in your poker session better don't play at all coz you'll not get much profit in it ! That's pure waiste of time!

So you are right - "Play when you are really eager to play !"

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments is always a long journey so best way to be patient is watching some stream on twitch or some wsop on YouTube if not a music also is good for timing .

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
try playing poker fighter and insta poker (there are few other similar training Apps)
it's easy to pause when a hand is dealt and sharpens your game in between hands - works soo well for me when i play live games (just mute it lol)

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always killed time by watching a series or movie. Generally something funny helps keep my mood up. From the very beginning i've done this. When the tournament is close to the bubble, it's best to focus on the poker game.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually have a movie or Music playing. Other Times Im at work lol

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can listen to music, watch videos on YouTube

L

Larzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Same with other posters, multi table.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the most part, try to stay focused on the table. Never last that long though. I'll read and glance up as much as possible.

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play guitar and eat or watch sports
highlights but once the games on I never get bored of poker but if I’m steaming I’ll get take few minutes and sit out if I made a bad call or bluff

P

Pokerton

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I Have Two Monitors, One For Poker, Second For Youtube Or Twitch :)

My set up exactly, one day I want to have like 6 monitors - but until I start drowning in cash. I think I stick to the two monitor rig.

S

swanet83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to my playlists a lot I made 3 lists and its all easy listening music that will keep me going for a while

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do several things, watch videos, read news, I eat ... I turn my focus to the game when I'm in action.
There are some tables that if you do not get distracted die of boredom.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually just watch youtube or shows while playing when only playing a few tables.