Chips
Too long, 5-6 min break is perfect and just enough

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: a lot of time, it's a lot of waste of time, with 5 minutes is more than enough ...

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such breaks are necessary, in 10 minutes you can do all sorts of things, feed the cat, call loved ones, do exercises for the eyes, vacuum the apartment, clean up your desk.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10 min break omg! Too long for online tournament. I think - 5min break is perfect and enough. Have a nice day :)

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 min is a way to long :) 5 minutes is enough, when tournament adrenaline level is high it is easy to handle the break and enogh time to go on toilet, smoke a cigarette or take a drink

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it wouldn’t be bad every two hours to have a longer break of ten minutes.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact that you know exactly when the break is coming means if you are properly prepared then 5 minutes should be plenty of time:D

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think that 5 minutes are enough, to go to toilet, drink some water and concentrate for the next hour :)

L

Lolocomondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i find useful the 5 min breaks, and other times i want to play and it gets on my nerves. In general 5 mins are just enough for everything, while 10 mins would be so much time.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 or 6 minutes is enough for a short (3-4 hours tournaments). But some tournaments can go for 10-12 hours and also can continue for several days. I believe if the tournament will go more then 5 hours, it will be good to have at least one 10 minute break.
By the way, looks like i saw something like that already on AmericasCardRoom, i saw at least 2 or 3 times 10 minute breaks at some point during some tournaments, this is really a good idea i think, because sometimes you need more time to have a cup of tea.

Last edited:
DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was going to say after 3/4 hours 10 minutes would be nice, but then people probably want to get to it and get it finished..
There's always the sit out option if you need more time, so I say stick to the 5 minutes..

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be excellent to have more rest time, so if they put 10 min in any of the break times it would be excellent, at least in one

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make my own breaks during tournaments. Usually after a big scoop I sit out a couple minutes but.....I find the breaks annoying. peace

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a fan of the 10 minute break. Or at least alternate each hour 5 min. / 10 min.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd also be in favour - I often have to choose between a drink and the restroom when the 5 minute break arrives! And forget about getting something to eat

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with those who think that the extra five minutes every hour would add too much to tournaments which can already go six hours. Now I have a very small home and the way that I've worked around pretty much anything, except for bathroom breaks, is to be on the move the instant I fold my hand.

I break a task like making a sandwich down into twenty to thirty second segments. It might take ten minutes or so for it to be complete but it does work. It also gives me some exercise "running" back and forth. :)

This cracked me up! I've actually said I'm getting my exercise while I run back and forth to the kitchen :D I also get some housework done this way.. HAVE to or nothing would get done on a day with a bunch of freerolls hehehehe :cool:

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
split decision, I think must times 5 minutes is enough, but after 3 hours approaching the Big money should be allowed to get a 10 minutes break! :deal:

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ten minutes is way too much 5 every 55 is great keeps the game moving along :):)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10 minute breaks are too long would make the game drag on forever

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not like longer breaks. Then would extend the duration of MTTs even further, and in general its already difficult to fit large MTTs into a life, which also contain other activities and obligations. I would also feel it very annoying, if I had just sat down and played for 12 minutes, and then we had to go on a 10 minute break.

As I have said before, there is nothing that bad about being back from the break a few minutes late, if you need to make a sandwich or whatever. So my suggestion is to just stop stressing over occationally sitting out a few hands, unless you are on a final table or something. In the early and mid stages of the tournament it typically wont matter much. If you play from a laptop, you can also bring it with you in the kitchen, while you make your sandwich and do a bit of multitasking :)

This guy knows what's up, 100% agree.

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 minute breaks!

Maybe it is just me but I always seem to be a minute or two late from the 5 minute breaks...

However I agree with many here that 10 minute breaks would make tourneys too long. 5 minutes seems to be the sweet spot.

The other week some site had 10 minute breaks to commemorate 4-20, which I thought was pretty funny, but they lasted too long.

Not to mention, most if not all sites do the 5 minute break at .55 of every hour which makes playing multiple tourneys on multiple sites much much easier.

In conclusion, if it ain't broken don't fix it.