Your opinion on 10 minute breaks

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, switch to ur laptop or phone then, I always do it when I need to do number 2, prepare food etc. The worst thing is when u must walk your dog or do smth outdoorsy.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 minutes would be too much. An 8-hour tournament would become almost 9 hours. bad idea ... five or six minutes is perfect!
This is only if you regularly play at the final table.:deal:

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get that 5 minutes is not enough time to eat and do other important things and being a professional poker player having this little breaks can be hard but what better options we got? 10 minutes break is way too much on the other hand, maybe we could do something like going 90 minute straight with a 10min break or something

I've went to the supermarket once, took a bath, wash dishes all in this 5 min break, the secret is too play big fields and be sitting out in the last hand before the break or 1 minute before, you'll have your 7min break doing this if you'll need it

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the 5 min which you could make almost 7 if worked right is suffice. my opinion if it counts

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like there to be one 10 minute break after a couple of hours. 5 mins for the rest of the breaks

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No sorry really too long. 5 minutes for the toilet and a drink is more than enough.

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ten minute breaks

no not with tech wether device have we can caring our phone tablets labtops or devices games are long enough.

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it should alternate. 5 min than 10 min

Exactly how I would want it. If it could only be either 5 or 10 minute breaks, I'd choose 5 minute breaks though.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Get a laptop.
I've cooked lunch many times while playing, you can even play when taking a dump. :toilet:

:deal:
Like you, I have a laptop and take it with me.
Zorba, Just be sure the camera is off while you are taking that dump!!

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go for 10,instead of 5.I usually have to go to the bathroom,and also have a smoke or fix a snack.Five goes very fast if you in a hand that takes a long time when its break time.Other tables have finished and already started there break.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love 10 min breaks... Maybe just every 2nd hour to keep the games going fast, but the 5 min breaks are too short to really relax. Most of the time you are in a hurry to get everything done during the break and it is even more stressful than poker.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, 5 minutes every hour is enough, the tournaments are taking longer and longer, so in my opinion, they need to be extended unnecessarily.

P

PenguinJeff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see the point of view from either side...but what about 8 minutes? Or another alternative could be 5 minutes at the top and 5 minutes at the bottom of each hour...Who ever said it HAD to be 5 or 10?

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that 5 minute breaks at the end of each hour-is the best option for both smokers,and those,who want to make a cup of tea and reheat food. So there is no need to invent anything.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minute breaks go by to quickly, but a 10 minute break would be to long, 7 or 8 minutes probably would do it.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

A 5 minute break is quite enough let's say I go to the toilet and prepare some speed drink :)

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 minutes is adequate for grabbing a snack or stretching. Any longer and I think the player needs to sit out

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think 10 is a great idea, but 8 would be okay too.
That just gave me an idea... It would be nice if at registration everyone had a choice between 5,6,7,8,9, and 10 minute breaks and at tourney start the software assigned the break time period that got the most votes, every tournament theoretically could have a different break period but it would always be what most people wanted in that particular tourney.

Last edited:
MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good topic. I think some tournaments last a very long time as it is and 10 minutes each hour would make them even longer. Maybe every 6 hours there can be a longer break but every hour would be too much imo.

ACR runs a series that they have a 420 break and this is usually longer than the normal breaks. While I do not partake in any 420 the longer break makes grabbing a bite or whatever much easier.

I think this would be a good suggestion to to the sites to implement a longer break period.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't mind a longer break time, but some would want less time as it is a long tournament time to complete the game. I don't think that we will see any changes in the time allotted for break time. But of course, one can always wish.

Beatlebug

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is one ten minute break about halfway through a big tourney. The other breaks narrow them down to two minutes.
Seems like the five minute breaks at times are way too long to just sit there. Too short if you have something quick to do as well as bathroom break.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is enough already! Maybe giving good timebank so the player could still use a minute or two from the bank.

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great idea. But I believe that it should be applied to long-running tournaments. However, I suggest applying 10 minutes to every 3 hours of the tournament. Staying 5 minutes of rest in the others. So, every 3 hours we can take a deep breath, walk around the house, stretch the body, eat something more calmly.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a really great idea. Would be wonderful. 5 min breaks are usally not enough cause in case of playing in many rooms we use our 3 out of 5 minutes only to find passwords quite often—I mean not only CC pw's but other passwords as well. Lots of them release 5-10 min before. It hurts and it sucks.