SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play on my laptop, and I take it wherever I need to, whenever I need to and continue playing! I should probably clean it more often!;)

10 mins every hour would be way too much for me, when I'm playing I want to be playing, rather than waiting!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
in online tournaments each hour the players get a break for 5 minutes . i think it should be 10 minutes instead because then you can make yourself a sandwich or if you need to go to the restroom and take longer etc.

what is your opinion on this ?

Get yourself a girlfriend to make your sandwich (or boyfriend)... or your Mom.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
50 min its not enough for me

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the breaks should be 10 minutes. And then you feel like a meteor sometimes, when you run around the apartment to do everything in time.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 10 minutes, you can smoke a cigarette, have a cup of coffee, go out as needed, this break is necessary.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a great idea....but...I'd like to add this twist

I agree with the a 5min break with the 1st hour

10 min break with the rest of the game!!!

Great Idea.

Thumbs up!!

:confused:

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
breaks

5 minute breaks works OK for me. If I need more time I will just sit out after break starts and might miss a hand or two but 5 mins seems enough time for me. Wouldn't want to see longer breaks as that would extend the time it takes to finish the tourney which seems long enough to finish now without extended the break time .
Just my opinion
GL All :D

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it should alternate. 5 min than 10 min

turrui262

turrui262

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would be really cool because you could defecate very calmly

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 10-minute break is not in the interests of the sites. It is important for them that the tournaments go faster. But I believe that 30 minutes is the best option. It's not just about the food, but also the opportunity to rest, to regain strength to continue playing, because if I play seriously, poker takes a lot of energy. When I get tired, I do stupid things and quickly lose the pot. Yesterday I earned $ 42 in the cardschat freeroll, then I brought the pot to $ 102 on the spins. I went to bed. But I woke up after 2 hours and lost everything sleepy...

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in 10 minutes you can get too distracted from the game. and the game itself will drag on even more. In 5 minutes you can perfectly catch a smoke and go to the toilet or drink tea, whoever needs what. I'm in 5 minutes!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in online tournaments each hour the players get a break for 5 minutes . i think it should be 10 minutes instead because then you can make yourself a sandwich or if you need to go to the restroom and take longer etc.

what is your opinion on this ?

I never thought about this too much, but 5 min usually does feel a bit "rushed." Problem is that the breaks are every hour, so 10 min breaks every hour wouldn't be too much actual poker playing. Maybe if times alternated or a single 10 min break every 2 hours or something. The 5 min break each hour is sufficient for me though: I've just learned to adapt - a few times I sit down with a few seconds to spare ;)

I totally agree :D
Sometimes 5 minutes are not enough to prepare a coffee, go to the bathroom and so on.
But I am not sure the rooms are gonna consider our small domestics problems ;)

I do it in steps. One break I might fill the coffee maker with water and set it up, then between hands start the coffee maker a few minutes before the second break begins, so that it ends during the 5 min break and I have time to grab a coffee mug :)

Similarly, do I grab a sandwich or stretch my legs etc. I pick on or two per break and then do the rest during other breaks. :D

5 minutes is enough for me.

I've learned to make do with 5 minutes as well.

Maybe 1 10 minute break after 2 hours. 5 mins is good for me

Perhaps so, but I doubt sites will change. 5 minutes is probably what it is.

I think 5 min is more than enough, if you need more time you can just miss a couple hands, that's not really hurt your game! Longer break makes tourney longer.
True, I've sat out a few hands too. More important than the hands missed might be the "information" you miss out on. Did someone just bust? Did someone tilt? Who sucked out? I don't want to miss this stuff by being gone - when the game is on, then I'm usually on :)

5 minutes is enough for me, I'm already used to 5 minutes and gives me time to go to the bathroom and eat or prepare something to eat

Yup, time to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, time to get something to drink, time to eat the sandwich, time to drink, time to rush back and still have 2 minutes left over.

jk

(Might include some hyperbole, but perhaps more truth in this than some realize...where there is smoke, there is fire ;) )

Get a laptop.
I've cooked lunch many times while playing, you can even play when taking a dump. :toilet:

:deal:

That is information I could have gone without knowing...

I remember that - it was great when you were deep in a tournament and didn't even need a break- or just a couple of minutes would do.

I think there are probably more people who prefer 5 than 10 - as everyone has said it would lengthen the time to complete the tournaments - plus you would lose 5 min of playing time in too many blind levels.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter which we prefer - the sites will never change it as it would cost them money.

Ah, so like most things it comes down to money then :rolleyes:

My suggestion would be to learn how to make a sandwich and eat with your left hand. Priorities. :)

I don’t mind the 5 minute break. I think it is enough time, and more often than not, I’m back ready with time to spare.

Sometimes I've eaten while playing poker as well, but you can't be all loosey-goosey eating a sandwich :D

I agree that the breaks should be 10 minutes. And then you feel like a meteor sometimes, when you run around the apartment to do everything in time.

+1 Kind of fun running around actually :D

it would be really cool because you could defecate very calmly

lol I laughed on this one because I didn't expect it.

p.s. for the picture, "Can't be all loosey-goosey eating a sandwich."

Attachments

• Poker Memes 001 Sandwich.jpg
    Poker Memes 001 Sandwich.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 52
M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

I think that 5 minutes is enough
no need more time
Rgds

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 minutes would be too much. An 8-hour tournament would become almost 9 hours. bad idea ... five or six minutes is perfect!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is usually enough for me to hit the "Head", refill my water bottle and not miss any hands...nothing worse than coming back late from break to find that you JUST timed out with pocket aces. At the wsop, you get 15 minutes every 3 levels, and there is no chance of getting in and out of the bathroom without missing hands, as there are about 3 bathrooms to serve several thousand players...in my home, 3 bathrooms, with only my wife and myself...no waiting...LOL.

ComfyPanda

ComfyPanda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a 10 minute break is a nice idea in theory, but too long in practice. When you need a 10min break it'd be great, but the % of the time that'd be the case is too low to offset how annoying they'd be the rest of the time. Unless you're super short stacked sitting out is viable to give you the extra time. 5min is the right # here.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you sit out you still get cards dealt . and i dont want to miss good hands

Also missing hands will have your timer run out and you get back just in time to have AA and think about how to cash out with those beauties and suddenly you see "Sitting Out" as you've timed out :banghead::banghead:

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 5 minutes break because when you play a tournament for 6-7 hours its gonna be 30 minutes longer

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, it is better that it is 5 minutes for online tournaments with normal speed for tournaments with turbo speed if I see it necessary that it be 10 minutes, In tournaments with normal speed they usually extend more than 3 hours and it is better 5 minutes of rest for Do not make the toreno longer, while in tournaments with Turbo speed they should have 10-minute breaks because tournaments are usually shorter and you have to be more active

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
break

I like 5 min break. Enough time to refresh.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Yes, I think it is a very short time ... but I have already gotten used to preparing a light meal and not stressing over time.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 mins are adequate, because as mentioned by a few posters, tournies can be quite long running as is already... Maybe a staggered format would work, whereby longer breaks were introduced towards the end of tournies.

NodiX

NodiX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that 5 min is a good time, because some times we take more than 6 min for the player that are playing while we end our round