Can you win a tourney without luck?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a tournament where there are more than a thousand or so players, without luck, that is, when you win from the bottom or win a coin, winning the tournament is unrealistic!

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel as I always have, first and foremost you have to be 100% patient.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lucky is core element in playing poker .due to when you have lucky something good will come to you such as suddenly the player all in while you are having A A then you get won .If you have a several times like that you would be easy to take 1 st place .
AA is not a 100% winning hand, the odds of winning against 1 opponent are 85% and the more opponents the less chances. So do not be happy about getting pocket AA in advance.:angel:

J

Jackmagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, no. Chances are you probably caught a couple of river beats, especially when your bluff(s) have been called. and getting consistently good deals is lucky. but for players consistently in the money skill pays, some luck wins tourneys otherwise one person would win all the time

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only won the game sit-and-go for 6 people with no luck.But tournaments with 1k + people haven't won yet

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No chance. Even being dealt a lot of premium hands could be called luck, not to mention getting lucky with the occasional four to a straight or flush that can really help bust up a better hand. Not to mention depending on the buy-in getting past the bingo playing donkeys who will call with just about anything and having your cards hold up.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cannot even win 1 hand without luck, because there is no guaranteed winner,

except when you play 5 card draw and get a royal to start with... But that would be lucky ;)

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think luck is the main thing, but it has its share
because we need a lot of chips and to win them we usually have to play several flips, so without luck we will win all the flips?
I am not very lucky so whenever I can I prefer to play post flop.
but there are moments that I will not be able to escape, if it is my day it will be wonderful, if it is not we will go to another game.
this is poker !!!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might say something that sounds mean but it not intended to be. So be nice on responding.

I only been playing the ACR free rolls since they returned. This weekend was the most played free rolls other than the daily ones. I'm finding it difficult finishing. I have the one winner take all and a few in the money but not really happy with the outcomes.

These bigger prize tourneys i really just focused on the tables and nothing else. No multi tasking nothing. I find after about 15 minutes i have most of you pegged at the table. Your ranges and pretty much your betting habits. A few of you know because I'm the thorn in your butt after about 15 minutes. I chip away and seem to get moved to another table after a nice hand is won. Then i start all over again unless i have notes from past games.

This might be one of my problems. I find most the play on these free rolls very soft. I seem to chip up nicely then make a great call almost perfect in your range usually post flop. Only to get rivered ever so often. And the sets, I missed every mining of them today but one. That ended up being second best of a three way of sets. Flop landed set for three and my kings. Pocket aces pushed and of coarse we all followed only to have a ace hit the river. That's not bad luck that's insane. And it usually comes in threes. Then I'm 10 bb or less and in push or fold mode only to get beat by the dumbest hands. Like my a,k suited went all in and always one player who calls and has like today q,5 off. Hits his five on the river. Happens all the time. Are they lucky or am i unlucky?

The point of this was how can you play on point and not say that luck isn't more important than skill in a tourney. Long run skill may out last but sure seems to kicking my butt. it be different if i was out played or made a bad decision and it cost me. This is flat out thank god somehow i won stuff that seems a bit habitual. No this isn't a bad beat rant. Can you win a tourney without luck prevailing? Am i truly a unluc

It is already generally accepted that poker skill is 90% and luck is 10%. That as if the fish is not a pearl, but if he plays incorrectly, then he is doomed to lose everything. And no matter how unlucky a good player is, the distance will still return and skill will win failure
Yes, I don’t argue, sooner or later the fish will flood all the money ... The only question is - to whom ?! There is no doubt - if you play correctly and constantly hone your skills - you will be in the black at an infinite distance, the only question is, what? If luck does not spoil you and there are obvious problems with it - you will never drag Sunday Million and become the second Jimi Gold! This is an obvious fact. You just don't have enough of that notorious distance that everyone is talking about. And let's not forget about one word that plunges into the cold sweat of any seasoned regga - DISPERSION!Now let's move all of this to a distance. Again, at an infinite distance, all these values ​​should return to normal, and tails will fall no more often than heads, and 27 in general will outperform aces by no more than 12%. But how to fill this distance? It is generally accepted to consider multi-table tournaments as the most volatile game in poker. And in this discipline, you need to go as far as possible in order to overcome variance. So how long does it take for AA to beat 27 88% of the time? 500, 1000 tournaments? 5000?
It is believed that 1000 tournaments is quite enough to assess the level of a person's game, where no amount of variance can influence the result. But there are already examples where profitable players who have been playing positively for several years can fall into negative territory at a distance of up to 1000 tournaments! Modern online poker is progressing so much that now 10,000 or more players take part in major tournaments. With such a number of participants, the fluctuations in dispersion are so shaken that the distance goes to infinity.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope. Even the most skilled players, not me, have stated time and again. No matter how perfect a game you play you must have a little luck also. Takes just that one donk hand to crush your perfect game play.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way. Even the cards you are dealt is about luck.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
no you cannot win a poker tournament without luck, and for the record getting dealt AA while your opponent gets dealt KK and winning a big pot is VERY lucky....

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how one can win without luck. You will need to get in with a draw that has to get home. Not run into a set. It's a frigging minefield out there, folks.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can’t win without winning a few coin flips. And coin flips are all about your luck at the time.

Z

Stay Safe

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No madder how tight or aggressive you play you are going to get a
card that makes your hand wether you deserive it or not. Thats Luck!!!

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't win without winning a few coin tosses. And coin tosses have to do with your luck at the time.

Stay safe

I agree with the colleague, especially it applies to online poker or at least that is my opinion.
Goodnight :angel:

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion, impossible luck is one of the factors you have to have in order to win a tournament.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some call it luck some call it variance ...in the short term its definitely luck

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No definitely not every time I've won a freeroll it's been luck to many donkeys out there

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is not a 100% winning hand, the odds of winning against 1 opponent are 85% and the more opponents the less chances. So do not be happy about getting pocket AA in advance.:angel:

Totally fresh 'experience' - it is not fresh, it happens everyday....

I am in mid position at the table, UTG limp, i have AA, raise the pot (4.5BB) button goes allin, limp calls, i call they have KK and 53o... the flop is good for me, the turn 3, the river 3..... busted again, AK, AA, KK, i have the feeling, i never monitored it anyway, that i win only around 55-60% of these hands..... does not matter i go preflop allin, or play somehow else.... the usual question about the trust online poker, especially pokerstars and acr.... now it is in a week or probably 10 days+ 'series' like this, it blows all the time, when it is in a key situation.... when it stops, it stops for 1,2 days.... even then i can just win 75-80% of the hands.... what would be the normal win rate for cards like these....

after more than a week like this, i do not suggest anything else, so i just laugh, as i know it has no business with real poker anymore.... things like this never happens again and again in daily, weekly and monthly basis, circle in live poker.... basically i have 1-2 days per a week, when it makes me remember for poker.... and not because i win, because of probability and variance, mostly.....

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyway 10+ years ago I could win tourneys over 1k reg, without luck, of course really deepstack ones, nowadays, not even the 2-300 reg ones.... i even must play for it, make it gambling, as i must cover the 2-3-4+ lost 80-20s, 90-10s, when they get the 1-2 cards for river, all the time..., forced by blind raise,

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hell yea..luck is just a small piece of the game that you cant just rely on. I think its more about knowing yr percentages of getting yr cards you need. The number of outs is more important to know then you can start getting lucky on yr cards. Good playing is better than good luck. :deal: