Can you win a tourney without luck?

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never won a tournament without luck poker 3o something percent luck but I say it's 50 percent luck that just how I feel about it especially online your odds go way down just mathematical right more players the less percent your going to win that's poker for ya

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you always need luck to be on your side to win at anything

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Without luck I can`t even enter in money!

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO

You could consider luck as being your opponent has pocket kings and you have pocket aces and you win or vice versa you have pocket kings and your opponent has pocket aces and you hit a king you cannot when any poker tournament without luck still applies after luck good luck on the tables everyone hahaha and as always have fun

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Can you win a tourney without luck?" - absolutely not.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're going to have to beat AK and win with AK, so yea, you're going to need luck on your side to win a tournament.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can optimize the amount of skill involved in poker, but of course you can never win without a bit of luck. Win flips to win tournaments.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Luck is a factor in the game, as in life. But there is a way of reducing luck and this is the knowledge. The more knowledge you gather the least you move by luck. Anyway, luck will be needed too, but it is not the most important thing in the game!

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is true that a little luck in poker can make the difference between being very successful and someone who never succeeds. However, this does not mean that we should rely on luck to win. Instead of hoping to get lucky, we want to do everything we can to improve our poker skills.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Luck is random and it goes both ways and it can beat you and let you win in the same game, but in order to win you have to have patience and know when to play and when to fold, luck...happens. :smile: :eek:

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way can you win without luck. Even if you had every decision correctly and had more equity than your opponents in every hand you're in, you'll never have 100% equity so you need luck for your hand to hold.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi!!! :ciao:
yes for sure luck is essential to have an opportunity to do well in a mtt

blond.jpg

H

HunPokerRoll

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:(

I don't think luck comes into play if playing at 888 poker room. For me I havent been rivered
so many times in my 22 years of playing poker until now.
Well yes I also like 888poker but unfortunately it has been restricted in several countries

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win a tournament you need a lot of luck. I am not a fan of tournament poker. Television has made tournament poker look glamorous and like a competition where skill prevails. However, the truth of the matter is that luck plays much larger factor in tournament than in ring games. Think about it this way: at a regular no-limit game, if you started with $2.000 what is the chance that you would end up with $2 million before the night was over? Zero. However, to win a tournament where each player has 2k starting chips and 1.000 people enter, you would need to win two million in chips to win the tournament. Not an easy feat to do unless lady luck truly smiled upon you that day!

I can consistently win at a ring game, whereas a tournament is feast or famine.
Luck plays a much smaller role in having a winning session at a ring game than at a torunament.
it is much easier to tell if you are a good ring game player than a good tournament player. Since the best tournament player can easily go ten sessions winning nothing, it is very difficult to tell if you are doing the right thing.

rivermipasion

rivermipasion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your "unique" luck is your skill level, all tournaments have a moment where your skill determines whether or not you win

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No. I believe luck is required to win a tournament.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck

if you make a mistake and move in on a weak hand then yes you better be lucky
:p

T

Theiman2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends where your line for luck and skill is. Is it skill if you win a 60/40 and get max value sure. Is it all skill if you do that 10 times in a row?

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I might say something that sounds mean but it not intended to be. So be nice on responding.

I only been playing the ACR free rolls since they returned. This weekend was the most played free rolls other than the daily ones. I'm finding it difficult finishing. I have the one winner take all and a few in the money but not really happy with the outcomes.

These bigger prize tourneys i really just focused on the tables and nothing else. No multi tasking nothing. I find after about 15 minutes i have most of you pegged at the table. Your ranges and pretty much your betting habits. A few of you know because I'm the thorn in your butt after about 15 minutes. I chip away and seem to get moved to another table after a nice hand is won. Then i start all over again unless i have notes from past games.

This might be one of my problems. I find most the play on these free rolls very soft. I seem to chip up nicely then make a great call almost perfect in your range usually post flop. Only to get rivered ever so often. And the sets, I missed every mining of them today but one. That ended up being second best of a three way of sets. Flop landed set for three and my kings. Pocket aces pushed and of coarse we all followed only to have a ace hit the river. That's not bad luck that's insane. And it usually comes in threes. Then I'm 10 bb or less and in push or fold mode only to get beat by the dumbest hands. Like my a,k suited went all in and always one player who calls and has like today q,5 off. Hits his five on the river. Happens all the time. Are they lucky or am i unlucky?

The point of this was how can you play on point and not say that luck isn't more important than skill in a tourney. Long run skill may out last but sure seems to kicking my butt. it be different if i was out played or made a bad decision and it cost me. This is flat out thank god somehow i won stuff that seems a bit habitual. No this isn't a bad beat rant. Can you win a tourney without luck prevailing? Am i truly a unluc
Luck influences the successes during the tournament, to win it you need 100% luck and it is difficult because there is a bad beat and your style of play, there is variance in the game as with the cards. Nothing is a high and safe percentage to gain an advantage or triumph in a tournament.:rolleyes:

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it prob can be done but its all luck and chance really. Some1 has to win every time whether the percentages are in there favor or not. Its a numbers game so odds always kinda shift a certain way towards the better hand.Good luck.