M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think luck is a part of the game cause even with AA you can loose to a lower pair

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game of poker consists of mathematical calculations, honed skill in making the right decisions, a lot of tables and analysis of thousands of hands. Although luck is not an unimportant part of poker, it takes a tenth of poker.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LUCK is it real

When one puts them self in a good position whether in poker or life, chances are it will happen. If one depends on luck all the time with out doing anything to create it well the story goes if there was know such thing as bad luck I would not have any luck at all. Capo1014

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Even if you dont't consider winning a flip beeing lucky, in order to win a tournament you need to get good runouts, face the right opponents at the right times, not get coolered, etc. The more people playing the more luck is involved.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't belive in luck. I prefer say... The Chances at your favor or against you, so... I don't think that be possible to win a tournament without chances at your favor

B

BoonDockPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible? Yes but unlikely. No matter how good you are you will be behind at somepoint.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
withoit luck of course no way win a tournament. And for winning it luck means more then skill even.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will not be able to win an important tourney if you dont give bad beats , crack AAs ,etc... so yes you will need luck to win

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Focus on the play, that is on playing good if not great poker and don't look at the lost hands. I'ts a habit many players fall into, the goal is to focus on your leaks and plug them, to focus on better play and play it, to continue to improve and study. Just a thought, don't look back but instead look forward, you will be much better off.

HitShappens

HitShappens

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play these all day long. I like now that acr mixes up the games so it is not jus holdem. You just dont see any quality play until you get itm with less than 75 players or so. By then the small stcks have pretty much pushed it in to take the pennies and move on. Luck? Sure, think moneymaker would have won without it? No way.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is impossible, without luck you won’t take first place in the tournament

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you can certainly win if you are "lucky enough not to get unlucky" throughout an entire tournament..

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't. Luck is a part of it which we are trying to avoid or strenghten. You even have to be even flexible to be able to fold or call in these situations.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Well, you can certainly win if you are "lucky enough not to get unlucky" throughout an entire tournament..
to overcome failure is luck, without it you can't go anywhere, especially in poker

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short answer: No! You must have luck to win a particular tournament.

Longer answer: the better the skill, the better the chances to make a good performance at a tournament. The peculiar thing is the brutal variance: you need thousands ort tenths of thousands of tournament to really note the edge. The worst player of the pool can win the tournament if he gets lucky. You can be the best player of the pool and don’t even get to the money. This is reason enogh to have 200+ buy ins of the tournament in order to diversify this risk

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The game would not be as exciting if it wasn't for the element of luck. You can read and study as much as you want, but without Lady Luck on your side you have no chance of pulling it off and winning the big scores.
Sure Skill goes a long way in keeping you in the game longer than most, but how many times have you had the best hand Pre-flop for it to be beaten by a suck-out, or Aces cracked by a smaller pocket pair?
That's Poker, That's Life! Cest la vie!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck

you need luck and skills, you can`t win if one is missing.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't win without luck. But you can't win without skill either. It's a combination of these two that can help you win.

N

Neural

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I might say something that sounds mean but it not intended to be. So be nice on responding.

I only been playing the ACR free rolls since they returned. This weekend was the most played free rolls other than the daily ones. I'm finding it difficult finishing. I have the one winner take all and a few in the money but not really happy with the outcomes.

These bigger prize tourneys i really just focused on the tables and nothing else. No multi tasking nothing. I find after about 15 minutes i have most of you pegged at the table. Your ranges and pretty much your betting habits. A few of you know because I'm the thorn in your butt after about 15 minutes. I chip away and seem to get moved to another table after a nice hand is won. Then i start all over again unless i have notes from past games.

This might be one of my problems. I find most the play on these free rolls very soft. I seem to chip up nicely then make a great call almost perfect in your range usually post flop. Only to get rivered ever so often. And the sets, I missed every mining of them today but one. That ended up being second best of a three way of sets. Flop landed set for three and my kings. Pocket aces pushed and of coarse we all followed only to have a ace hit the river. That's not bad luck that's insane. And it usually comes in threes. Then I'm 10 bb or less and in push or fold mode only to get beat by the dumbest hands. Like my a,k suited went all in and always one player who calls and has like today q,5 off. Hits his five on the river. Happens all the time. Are they lucky or am i unlucky?

The point of this was how can you play on point and not say that luck isn't more important than skill in a tourney. Long run skill may out last but sure seems to kicking my butt. it be different if i was out played or made a bad decision and it cost me. This is flat out thank god somehow i won stuff that seems a bit habitual. No this isn't a bad beat rant. Can you win a tourney without luck prevailing? Am i truly a unluc

bigpappa, the question is:

the villain was probably not with 10BB
was?

another point of view is:
Q5 is not that weak a hand

Regarding the lack of luck I believe it had more weight on you to allow yourself to reach the final stretch with 10BB

I hope it cleared the play a bit

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think not about getting good luck....playing in line with the maths pays off long term..

think more about how to avoid bad luck..ie how to avoid being outdrawn AGAINST the maths.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without luck, you will not be able to win the tournament, even with the most correct game, the variance can turn against You. Luck does not lie in winning with a weak hand, but in the fact that bad beat will not exclude You from the tournament.:)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to have luck in tournament if you want win a tournament. Without luck you go nowhere. Luck has got big precentage of participation of this game. There is always a hand when you need a luck to win it. Luck is very important in this game.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will always need luck. Luck is a huge part of poker. Everything you play ,there is a part luck factor. So no you can't win tournaments without luck.