Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Which ones & when??

I've worked at a few of them... ie. Mississauga Tavern, Million Dollar Saloon, Latin Quarter, Silver Dollar room (in Toronto on Spadina), Mints (Niagara Falls), that one in Guelph (I forget the name of it), & a few others in the TO/Brampton/Mississauga area.

In what capacity, may I ask..? :rolleyes:

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely YES

Yes, you can absolutely profit from a freeroll. Think about it - your ROI (return on investment) is 100%. So no matter how big or small the winnings all of it is profit. Heck, I've won more in last place on a freeroll than I have taking last in a micro buy-in (once you take the buy-in out of the winnings).

I agree with others that if you want bigger profits then you need to shoot for the final table and always play your best game. Otherwise it doesn't matter if you are playing freerolls or micro buy-ins, if you are only just making it ITM then the profits will not be as great at it will take you a lot longer to build your bankroll to a sizable amount.

M

mrT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you get experience and offcourse you always have a chance to win or just to get itm so yes offc you can profit

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well 1c is profit right?My two biggest wins of over 1 and 2000 have been entered or stepped to through freerolls,thats one of my most liked points about playing online.The ability to turn zero into thousands is always there even if it is a long slog.Cant play so well at the moment though,my heads all over the place even if i can get a connection.

So true ^
I won 5,000 euros in a Freeroll - - trip to Vegas, 7 nights + $1,500 buyin for wsop MonsterStack :)

I only play online poker while hard-wired to the internet. I want the fastest & most secure connection possible while playing. I'd only consider playing off wifi & tablet if it's a freeroll (plus I just don't enjoy playing off a phone)

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this even a question?

I'm not even sure how this is a question:eek:...it's a FREEROLL tournament so that means that if you place ANYWHERE in the money then you are PROFITING;).

I think what you are asking is 'Can you actually WIN a freeroll?'. While the answer is still yes, it's just not easy to do often because of the wide range of players skill levels and that most of the players are very loose players. Most don't take freerolls as seriously as even micro buy-in tournaments simply because they did not pay to get into the freeroll.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe you can profit from them and build a bankroll if you have the discipline to do it properly. If you do make a cash in the free roll you must be disciplined enough to use those funds smartly. Dont win $2.00 and play a $2.00 tournament as this is a way to never get your bankroll going unless you get a big score right away. You should look at the $0.10+.01 events. You would have 18 shots to try to cash and score. Yes its not a fast way to grow a roll.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll Play

Like others have said you sure can't lose by playing freerolls other then your time. LOL :D
I must say in my experience playing in freerolls with a large number of players , one must change their game strategy playing in these freerolls as there are a lot more "bingo" players going all in with rags.

The only freerolls that I don't see a lot of bingo playing is in CC's freerolls as there for sure are more "good" poker players in these.

Freerolls are just that meaning nothing to lose with possible gains.

Happy News Year All ! Cheers :D:beer:

M

miron151969

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Фрироллы

вы можете играть и не рисковать, но вы можете выиграть